Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I can see, tho ...looks to me like more people like the classic costume and more people relate to the classic costume.
If one'd judge by this thread then yes.
But that's like 20 people tops. :lol

Only sales and the number of reviews will tell.

If one'd judge by this thread then yes.
But that's like 20 people tops. :lol

Only sales and the number of reviews will tell.

Didn't say it was fact ...just said "looks to me ...".

That's the perception I'm getting ...my opinion. You have a different opinion ...oh well ...it is what it is.

The difference there is that P1's 1/3 was based of the Arkham Origins game. People knew it was based of the game and it is a great representation of Deathstroke in that game.

Here ...we are talking about the costume created by SSC for this Deathstroke PF compared to the classic costume for Deathstroke.

:exactly::goodpost: I have the Prime EX AO Deathstroke. I bought it because it's a kick ass costume based off a video game that I loved playing. Not only is it 100% faithful to its art source, it also looks phenomenal. That's the reason I bought it.

Buying all of my 1/4 DC pieces from sideshow, I expected what they put out on EVERY single other DC PF they released before Deathstroke....a classic PF. However, not only did sideshow not give us a classic Deathstroke PF, they also didn't even give us a New 52 PF. I don't want a made up costume with a Deathstroke mask. I want a comic accurate Deathstroke. My frustration is simple. I'm a HUGE Deathstroke fan who wants a classic Perez DS PF. Every DC PF before DS, was in a classic costume. Sideshow has an exclusive license with DC to sell 1/4 classic DC statues in North America. No other company is allowed to sell 1/4 classic DC statues in the U.S. and Canada. So, if sideshow won't give collectors a classic Perez Deathstroke (or other classic DC characters) that their customers clearly want...who can or will?

The XM samurai DS probably wiill look cooler than SS version on this one

...my opinion. You have a different opinion ...oh well ...it is what it is.
We can have relaxed mature conversation about immature stuff, no need to feel constipated. :D

Buying all of my 1/4 DC pieces from sideshow, I expected what they put out on EVERY single other DC PF they released before Deathstroke....a classic PF. However, not only did sideshow not give us a classic Deathstroke PF, they also didn't even give us a New 52 PF. I don't want a made up costume with a Deathstroke mask. I want a comic accurate Deathstroke. My frustration is simple. I'm a HUGE Deathstroke fan who wants a classic Perez DS PF. Every DC PF before DS, was in a classic costume. Sideshow has an exclusive license with DC to sell 1/4 classic DC statues in North America. No other company is allowed to sell 1/4 classic DC statues in the U.S. and Canada. So, if sideshow won't give collectors a classic Perez Deathstroke (or other classic DC characters) that their customers clearly want...who can or will?
Mmm... I agree that it's really odd how they've decided to give Deathstroke a modernized design. He does look out of place in their current DC PF line. My guess is they wanted to appeal to a wider crowd by hintin' at classic Slade with oldschool mask while givin' him an updated costume... Or they just wanted to ride on Arkham's VG success, teehee. Either way it's understandable but really weird.

Anyway, it's a pity that we're not gettin' classic Deathstroke in 1/4 scale.
I love oldschool comic designs. Heck, I even love original Nightwings costume. :lol

Didn't say it was fact ...just said "looks to me ...".

That's the perception I'm getting ...my opinion. You have a different opinion ...oh well ...it is what it is.

We can have relaxed mature conversation about immature stuff, no need to feel constipated. :D

How'd you get from difference of opinion to constipation?

Unless you're currently having bouts of constipation ...I just don't see how those two relate.

:exactly::goodpost: I have the Prime EX AO Deathstroke. I bought it because it's a kick ass costume based off a video game that I loved playing. Not only is it 100% faithful to its art source, it also looks phenomenal. That's the reason I bought it.

Exactly! I hear ya, man. SSC let us down on this PF.

If they wanted to give him a customized costume ...then they should have embellished the classic costume. Customize it but still make it resemble the classic costume. At least that would've been better.

Exactly! I hear ya, man. SSC let us down on this PF.

If they wanted to give him a customized costume ...then they should have embellished the classic costume. Customize it but still make it resemble the classic costume. At least that would've been better.

If they just gave us his classic costume first, then they can release whatever version of Deathstroke they want afterwards (including this Deathstroker PF). I wish sideshow would stay consistent. EVERY DC PF before and after the Deathstroker PF is in classic costumes so far. Don't change it up for this one character. Wait until the character gets a revisit before messing with the costumes.

If they just gave us his classic costume first, then they can release whatever version of Deathstroke they want afterwards (including this Deathstroker PF). I wish sideshow would stay consistent. EVERY DC PF before and after the Deathstroker PF is in classic costumes so far. Don't change it up for this one character. Wait until the character gets a revisit before messing with the costumes.

I guess it depends what you mean by classic. Are you talking about first appearance or a certain time era? Most of the DC PF statues have not been first appearance costumes.

I guess it depends what you mean by classic. Are you talking about first appearance or a certain time era? Most of the DC PF statues have not been first appearance costumes.

No, not first appearance. Just the classic interpretation of the character. The one we generally identify with a character. In the case of Deathstroke, it's basically one and the same. The first appearance of Perez's Deathstroke is the classic look of the character.

No, not first appearance. Just the classic interpretation of the character. The one we generally identify with a character. In the case of Deathstroke, it's basically one and the same. The first appearance of Perez's Deathstroke is the classic look of the character.

Who is we and who gets the finale say of what a classic character looks like? Some of these characters have been around for more then 70 years. I bet a ton of people in their 20s and younger who have watched teen titans and other cartoons don't Identify with the Perez DS.

Who is we and who gets the finale say of what a classic character looks like? Some of these characters have been around for more then 70 years. I bet a ton of people in their 20s and younger who have watched teen titans and other cartoons don't Identify with the Perez DS.

Now you are just trying to be difficult. Classic characters are easily identified. Just look at the entire DC PF line. With the exception of Deathstroker, sideshow gave us a classic DC lineup (with small artistic liberties taken). Classic usually means Silver or Bronze era look. It does not mean Marvel Now or Legacy. It does not mean NEW 52 or Rebirth. A perfect example is a character like Iron Man. Here's a character that been around for decades. Not only that, he's had a crap load of different looks over that time. So, when sideshow released a classic Iron Man, did they release a version of the character that some person read 20 years ago? No, they released the classic red and gold armor from the 80's drawn by JR JR and Bob Layton as a 1/4 COM. It's not difficult to find or figure out the classic version of most characters and the classic version of the Titans and Deathstroke is the Marv and George run on the Titans. Just because someone 20 year old or younger can't identify with Perez's Titans and Deathstroke doesn't mean they aren't the classic versions of the character.

We are people with good taste :)

For real. As much as I like Jim Lee's art, he's a horrific costume designer. Bomber jackets and excessive pouches on his X-MEN designs and a ridiculous amount of lines and a armor look to all of his DC redesigned costumes. I'll stick with the classics just about EVERY time. Geez, could you imagine if sideshow would've released the NEW 52 Lobo instead of the classic one? Now I'll wait for CASC to say that the New 52 Lobo is the classic Lobo to some 15 year old. :wink1:

Not a ton of people in their 20s and younger can afford to buy a $400-$600 statue, at least not yet. Most of them might even have to ask for or get some funds from their allowance to purchase a $30 action figure of Deathstroke that's not George Perez-designed. Also, "classic" doesn't always mean the character's first and oldest look. It's the look that lasted for many years (decades, even), without or at least just minor revisions. Batman's blue/grey/yellow oval suit wasn't his first suit, but it was his look for almost half of his 78-year existence. At least 2 generations of readers and collectors grew up with that look.

Trying to modernize things on a $500 statue to appeal to a market that can hardly afford your pricetag is a faux pas. Like statues and high end toys, check out art collectors. Have you seen a lot of Adam Hughes art commissioned by a collector, which features a New 52 suit? NO. Because those who can EASILY afford a Hughes sketch are most likely those who grew up with the classic suits. The "newest" of all the suits Hughes would usually have drawn for a commission is the Darwyn Cooke Catwoman design, but that suit, is almost 2 decades old already and is COMIC ACCURATE. Art collectors below 20? They buy prints, $20 with free signature. Believe me, I know. You want to sell a Lightning Lad sketch for $300? Draw the one with the cape. Draw the hipster-hair version with sleeveless shirt, you'd be lucky to have it sold for $50.

So yeah, maybe it's an age thing to a degree, but not just in the sense of being old. It's about the present status of the collector. Older collectors are the ones MOST LIKELY to afford high-end collectibles like art and statues. While some might appreciate Sideshow's own take on the design, this would be the minority and Sideshow realized it, otherwise the ES for such a beloved character won't be this low.

Not a ton of people in their 20s and younger can afford to buy a $400-$600 statue, at least not yet. Most of them might even have to ask for or get some funds from their allowance to purchase a $30 action figure of Deathstroke that's not George Perez-designed. Also, "classic" doesn't always mean the character's first and oldest look. It's the look that lasted for many years (decades, even), without or at least just minor revisions. Batman's blue/grey/yellow oval suit wasn't his first suit, but it was his look for almost half of his 78-year existence. At least 2 generations of readers and collectors grew up with that look.

Trying to modernize things on a $500 statue to appeal to a market that can hardly afford your pricetag is a faux pas. Like statues and high end toys, check out art collectors. Have you seen a lot of Adam Hughes art commissioned by a collector, which features a New 52 suit? NO. Because those who can EASILY afford a Hughes sketch are most likely those who grew up with the classic suits. The "newest" of all the suits Hughes would usually have drawn for a commission is the Darwyn Cooke Catwoman design, but that suit, is almost 2 decades old already and is COMIC ACCURATE. Art collectors below 20? They buy prints, $20 with free signature. Believe me, I know. You want to sell a Lightning Lad sketch for $300? Draw the one with the cape. Draw the hipster-hair version with sleeveless shirt, you'd be lucky to have it sold for $50.

So yeah, maybe it's an age thing to a degree, but not just in the sense of being old. It's about the present status of the collector. Older collectors are the ones MOST LIKELY to afford high-end collectibles like art and statues. While some might appreciate Sideshow's own take on the design, this would be the minority and Sideshow realized it, otherwise the ES for such a beloved character won't be this low.

:goodpost::clap

Couldn't have said it better myself. Beautiful!

Quite agree with you. They totally disregarded the classic costume on their first outing. Not even resembling the classic costume one bit.

Back