Deathstroke PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeathstrokePFContest.jpg

The pauldrons actually make it closer to New 52. The Rebirth suit is streamlined and more like a stealth/sneaking suit.

The mask is closest to the OG suit (which is fabric. Check out the creases on the sculpt's forehead), and I'll stick to what I said earlier that it could be the EX and the regular head is the modern helmet.

This looks cool, might have to add it to my pre-orders. Hope the exclusive is a unmasked face! Then its a definite buy. Be interested to see the base. Hope its something other than rock for a change.

I always thought the modern helmet would be the regular as I thought the classic mask don't go so well with the pauldrons and armor plates, but oh well. I don't recall this design being from an actual comic, but I may be wrong. I heard that DC is not as open as Marvel when it comes to new "interpretations" for toys and statues unless it is from a line dubbed as such so maybe this could have been from an actual storyline. Either way, not the best suit for me.

OMG! I just don't understand the costume choice. He doesn't look very muscular either. Almost feminine. The portrait is the only thing I can say I like about this piece. How did it go so wrong? I never thought I'd say this but this is a pass for me. I'm so disappointed. If didn't pick up the Prime DS, I'd be gutted right now. From an art direction standpoint, this is a HUGE miss for me.

Prime 1 also costs $930. If it wasn't better it would be a problem.

I disagree. Look at the Prime 1 Bane and SSC's Bane PF. The PF looks just as good or better than the Prime Bane. The DS PF just doesn't look right because the costume is horrid, the pose is mediocre, and he looks so damn smooth (almost feminine IMO). This was just a miss right from conception as far as I'm concerned. Price has nothing to do with it. SSC could have done better.

Back