Dear Sideshow: "Bust Dioramas" ARE NOT "Vs Dioramas"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys, given the price for this piece I am going to assume some people will go for the regular version through a dealer. I like it for what it is but see it more for the let down it represents. No offense to Martin Canale as I think the piece represents the price point it is targeted for.

The most disappointing part is that we did not even see the obvious cool exclusive: Spidey in black costume. That was the one thing that could save this piece. This exclusive has to be one of the worst in the Marvel line so far. Up there in non-appeal with Elektra PF. I was expecting for the base to feature the alien symbiote attacking Spidey or reacting around the piece in a "shield" or layer of symbiote skin. It needed that punch to make the base worth it.

I hope when all is said and done Sideshow at least takes the time to clarify and define how the Marvel license is structured. Let's give Marvel collectors the same sense of structure that's offered for other licenses.

That's it. Rant over. :blah

Really?! A black-suited Spidey wouldn't have worked IMO, there wouldn't be any contrast visually.

Either way, I suppose it's moot now. :monkey2

it would have been nice to see some of the symbiote tar trying to engulf Spidey or something, giving a nice environment, more violent or something.

Back