Dear Sideshow: "Bust Dioramas" ARE NOT "Vs Dioramas"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
Perhaps the FS dios were getting too big and too complicated, and SSC wanted to scale things back a bit with busts. I know I've read about quite a few returns due to problems on the X-Men/Sentinel and Hulk/Spidey pieces.

I hope that's not the case. So far it seems like more of a sub-line created to go along with the movies coming out next year.

I think that the F4 dio is what really has highlighted the waist up sculpt of Venom for this one. If Thing had legs, the issue wouldnt already be on the radar and people would reserve their critiques moreso until the full piece is revealed.

Based on the preview pic, I have my reservations about it too, but Im betting that seeing the full dio will curb a lot of it and pull the entire thing together. The Gore Group always seems to put as much into the environment part of each piece as they do the characters.There HAS to be much more to the piece than whats in the preview pic, otherwise it wouldnt even be a "preview" pic.
If indeed it is Venom coming out of the ground and the piece stops at his waist then I think it will be a bad idea for sculpt. but if it has more to the sculpt below the waist and it just happens to be Venom is fully "there" just buried in rubble or whatever, It'll still look awesome.

The vs Dio's were never described as being "fully visible head-to-toe sculpts of every inch of every character" anyway.

occulum said:
If indeed it is Venom coming out of the ground and the piece stops at his waist then I think it will be a bad idea for sculpt. but if it has more to the sculpt below the waist and it just happens to be Venom is fully "there" just buried in rubble or whatever, It'll still look awesome.

I agree.

I spent more time looking at the base on the Wolverine diorama than at the two characters on top of it. The full environmental bases have been extremely detailed and fantastic in this line, and it would be a bummer if the rubble around Venom's waist is all there is to it this time.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Perhaps the FS dios were getting too big and too complicated, and SSC wanted to scale things back a bit with busts. I know I've read about quite a few returns due to problems on the X-Men/Sentinel and Hulk/Spidey pieces.

As far as I know, the only problems people were having were with electronics in these two. I don't remember any other issues popping up.

It's a bust, get over it ;P

When are we gonna see a Juggernaut Diorama? :santa

SolidLiquidFox said:
How about a Bust diorama with half a Juggy? :rolleyes:

I already agreed with you for the most part in the Spidey/Venom Dio thread. We already have a well done Venom Bust for the most part. :)

Heh, half the Juggernaut, half the orders they'll get. Though, they could do a Juggernaut Marvel Archive Set. Just popped in my head.

I wouldn't mind a Juggernaut VS. diorama, since the maquette is way too big for me. Might give us a chance to get some of the female X-Men into the VS. line, as well.

Still waiting for this one as well:

hulkvsthingjl0.jpg

tomandshell said:
Still waiting for this one as well:

hulkvsthingjl0.jpg

Pick up the HH statues and make your own diorama :D

Consider too that if this is the direction things are moving some of it may be financially motivated as well. I remember seeing several talk about how much they liked the other vs pieces but they were just out of their price range. Now with the FF piece we see the price under $200 mark and much cheaper than that for a non-exclusive through a dealer. And I saw several people mention how they planned on getting the FF because it was affordable. Granted we won't know till next week what the spidey/venom piece is going for, but this is still just a theory.

Darth Loki said:
As far as I know, the only problems people were having were with electronics in these two. I don't remember any other issues popping up.
I heard several reports and saw pics of shattered Hulks and broken Spidey fingers. I'm sure massive pieces like that are a nightmare to ship.

I do believe that there are some people who would like to collect the VS. dioramas, but can't afford them or don't have the space. (The Hulk diorama is much deeper and heavier than many shelves can handle.) If they want to make something that is smaller and less expensive, they will be pleasing some customers who couldn't otherwise get on board. As long as they continue to produce the typical large sized VS. pieces, we can all be happy. The problem right now is that we have a fear that the VS. line is somehow shrinking or changing. I don't really think that's the case. We will have another 20" deep 20 pounder before you know it. (At least, I hope so...)

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that there is more to this piece than previewed. All the other "VS" that are one on one are a moment in battle that could go either way. I don't see them messing with a winning formula that has really upped the standard in comic statues. So Venom must have tenticles or something coming up from behind Spidey.
I really don't think they are going to shrink these VS pieces because a couple people said they would buy them if they were cheaper. I might be wrong but I thought they were mainly Bowen collectors to begin with.

I'm going to try to keep myself from getting caught up all in the jumping the gun thing before we see the full thing.

And the FF thing I still think it is pretty cool, because a)its based on the comics not the movie b) they were able to include everybody.

tomandshell said:
I do believe that there are some people who would like to collect the VS. dioramas, but can't afford them or don't have the space. (The Hulk diorama is much deeper and heavier than many shelves can handle.) If they want to make something that is smaller and less expensive, they will be pleasing some customers who couldn't otherwise get on board. As long as they continue to produce the typical large sized VS. pieces, we can all be happy. The problem right now is that we have a fear that the VS. line is somehow shrinking or changing. I don't really think that's the case. We will have another 20" deep 20 pounder before you know it. (At least, I hope so...)

Naw I don't see how they can get smaller than the Wolvie vs Saber statue, it just wouldn't look right being smaller. I think everybody is forgetting the Wolvie/Saber and Capt/Skull statues, those aren't big like the Hulk and X men statues.

maybe venom is reaching for mary jane and spidey is holding him back
so she can escape.what chance of that i wonder:rolleyes:

Back