Dear Hot Toys - Re: MMS DX Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh huh, like the FACT that they listened about the height issue on the P1 Predator for example?

:confused: Wait Wait Wait.. What!?. No one knew about the height issue until AFTER it was released. Show me a single comment about the height before then? Exactly.

Can somebody that has an Iron Man tell me where the battery and switch are for his helmet? I'm wondering if it'll be the same for Batman. My Pred's battery and switch for the mask go in the body, but if it's not like that for Batman's Sonar head I wouldn't mind replacing my original TDK Bats head with the sonar one. I think I'm talking nonsense though and it's probably not possible. ;)

The battery and switch for Iron Man is on the body. In fact, it's not actually the eyes that light up on Iron Man, but rather the ball joint at the end of the neck post which then shows through the clear plastic lenses in the Iron Man helmet. I think a lot of people will be hoping they've somehow managed to reduce the electronics so it can all fit inside Batman's cowl, since the general consensus is that they electronics in Iron Man are what is responsible for the reduced neck and torso articulation.

Man, Hot Toys probably thinks we're nuts.

All these emails are probably annoying the hell out of them as well as all these comparison pics and photoshops on how people think the figure should look. I used to share the same enthusiasm but I can't help but think some of you are taking this a little too far.

You crossed the line. People need to accept the fact that they're never going to get this,

thedarkknight57.jpg

Or this,

thedarkknight80.jpg

But Hot Toys and a few other toy companies will give us a product that comes pretty damn close.

Last edited:
The battery and switch for Iron Man is on the body. In fact, it's not actually the eyes that light up on Iron Man, but rather the ball joint at the end of the neck post which then shows through the clear plastic lenses in the Iron Man helmet. I think a lot of people will be hoping they've somehow managed to reduce the electronics so it can all fit inside Batman's cowl, since the general consensus is that they electronics in Iron Man are what is responsible for the reduced neck and torso articulation.

Thanks for clearing that up for me man. :) It would be cool indeed if they somehow find a way to fit it all inside Batman's cowl (though, I would wonder how without it looking obvious). I really would like to use it for the current TDK Bats, but wishful thinking is really starting to make me sound silly. ;)

Uh huh, like the FACT that they listened about the height issue on the P1 Predator for example? Or how about the FACT that they listened to the complaints about the many innacurracies of the Aliens warrior?

Again, the facts don't support a bunch of titpicking whiners. If I were Howard Chan sitting in my office in Hong Kong reading this thread right now I'd be laughing my ass off.

you realise that your comments will be remembered huh...

Good news Batfreaks! In the latest MILK magazine they say that the armor shown right now is from the previous version. The suit will be newly designed but they don't have it ready right now (why did they announce it then?).

Also there will be another character released in the line.........Gordon please :chew

and this is a start...

What??! Where'd that quote from Darren1228 come from? Another character will be made? Intriguing. I agree, if true please let it be Gordon. Or I wonder will it be a seperate DX Bruce Wayne figure.

And the bit saying that the armour we're seeing so far is from the version 1? How'd we miss that? Why does it seem different if indeed it is the same? And yeah - why announce it and release pictures without specifically clarifying this at the same time?

Edit - never mind I just saw the other thread.

Last edited:
Man, Hot Toys probably thinks we're nuts.

All these emails are probably annoying the hell out of them as well as all these comparison pics and photoshops on how people think the figure should look. I used to share the same enthusiasm but I can't help but think some of you are taking this a little too far.

You crossed the line. People need to accept the fact that they're never going to get this,

thedarkknight57.jpg

Or this,

thedarkknight80.jpg

But Hot Toys and a few other toy companies will give us a product that comes pretty damn close.

well said brother :)
totally agree with you.
i also used to share the same enthusiasm.
sure there's still room for improvements,
but why ruin a nearly perfect product for some unnecessary millimeter changes and vehemently inundate them (HT) for that.
imo, things like character likeness is acceptable, but a millimeter changes? a slightly different colors? a slightly different position?
i'm not against anybody here, i do appreciate people efforts to persuade HT to do their best. but sometime its a bit too far.

Back