Dear Hot Toys - Re: MMS DX Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather they concentrate on trimming down the pecs and gauntlets a bit and generally making the most accurate Batman possible. I already have the 2 Wayne headsculpts from the OC and TDK releases, don't need another.

Having said that, it does seem odd that they make the backpack and stickygun from the a scene where we do see Batman with the mask off, but don't include an unmasked head...

I may be the only one who thinks this but to me it doesnt seem like this is a mms dx figure. The reason is its batman with two heads and a some scene specific accessories. If anything it reminds me alot of the bank robber joker. They made me think we would get alot more than a new gun, backpack, and extra head because of the dx Joker. He got two heads, an extra costume, and a couple accessories for both costumes. I was just hoping for more, specifically the Bale headsculpt (and with suit but that might be pushing it.) Regardless, ill probably still buy this :/

It is not neccesarily the number of things included, more the expansion into new procedures, i.e. the interchangeable mouths that make it a DX I suppose.

However, I agree. Was kind of counting on a Wayne head and suit.

I'm probably gonna end up buying this but it really doesn't impress me that much. To me the suit looks almost the same as the 1st version and do not see how it is a "Newly sculpted and developed Batman complex suit"

The extra expressions are definitely cool though. If the suit stays as is I would've preferred an accessories pack that included the head and gun.

We already got the bale head in the TDK suit and I think the first suit, no need to do it again, just like with the iron man versions there was need to do more of the same.

I had the TDK fig but wasnt happy with the BW head. There isnt really a suit available yet unless you get the one for Tony Stark. I tried the Sat toys suit before but wasnt happy. Id like a suit from HT with a higher quality to match up with TDK.

I had the TDK fig but wasnt happy with the BW head. There isnt really a suit available yet unless you get the one for Tony Stark. I tried the Sat toys suit before but wasnt happy. Id like a suit from HT with a higher quality to match up with TDK.
I just bought a Triad Toys suit and it fit's great on a TT, and I think it would probably fit even better on the narrow shoulder body (it bunches up around the shoulders a bit like most suits do on TTs).

Personally I'm glad it doesn't come with a Wayne head and suit. I already have the head from the first TDK figure, and a Bruce Wayne in civvies would just be dull IMO. Not something I want on my shelves I'm afraid. I'm really looking forward to the sonar head.

If they do come good with the 3rd Bats movie, I'm sure another Bale head will be offered with any figures from that one.

No Bale/Bruce sculpt needed IMO- I'm extremely happy with what we have got coming and personally, I don't see the need for a Bruce Wayne figure AT ALL to be honest - seems a bit pointless having him without any other characters for him to interact with such as Alfred and Lucius.
I really only like having one version of any character on display anyway - as in just Batman or just Bruce, so Batman would be the only choice for display there for me anyway.

Besides, someone could always make a custom head on these boards. Or maybe HT are planning something expensive and devious with withholding a Wayne head this time around 0.o;

..who knows, but I think someone here on SSF that is reliable and brings great sculpting quality can do it too.

so, you are finally gonna buy a figure?

or is it all talk like on all the other threads?

What are you talking about Riko? I have 2 Takara Batmen, and an HT v1 Joker, DC Direct Rorschach, and DC Direct Joker.

I know you like to start **** with people, but please don't do it with me :peace

I just mailed hot hot toys with 5 emails and will resent the mails again so they will not overlook it :)
So this is my mail:

Hi Hot Toys,
(this is the complet mail, previous mail was incomplete)

First of all, WONDERFUL FIGURE!!! much more screen accurate than the previous one! But, there are just a few minor improvements that can be made:

1. the chest-area seen from side profile picture still sticks out a little bit to much. It is a vast improvement on the V1 version, but there is still room for improvement.
also the shape of the chest-area is a little bit off, but that is minor detail

2. there are to much wrinkles between his eyebrows...

3. the head is perfect sculpt but should be made a tiny bit wider as seen on the pic...

I attached 2 pictures.

Greetings from Belgium
Riko

and these are the 2 pics I added as attachement:
comparison3.jpg

CHEST.jpg

What are you talking about Riko? I have 2 Takara Batmen, and an HT v1 Joker, DC Direct Rorschach, and DC Direct Joker.

I know you like to start **** with people, but please don't do it with me :peace

Just out of curiousity why would you buy two Takara Batman figures?

Back