Premium Format Deadpool PF (Ver. 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I think this is an instance where competition in the statue world has not been good for the consumer, financially. Before XM, Prime 1, Iron Studios, Imaginarium, etc. Sideshow didn't have much competition. Then all their competitors start selling statues at twice the price of sideshow and people are still buying them. Plus people buy statues in Ebay for sometimes 10X the sideshow retail price (Doom on Throne). Sideshow saw what people were willing to spend and doubled the price. Easy.

$700!! Just how? Where does this end? This stuff was $350 not long ago, my wages haven't gone up at all in the same period. Madness.

It's a lot tougher for us collectors outside the US! with shipping prices increasing rapidly. You just got to narrow down what you really need, make those the priority, then you can go from there for the rest if need be.

Ss try to sell the same price as Xm? Sorry but their QC only worth $500 to me.

Ss try to sell the same price as Xm? Sorry but their QC only worth $500 to me.

This is the major difference and feelings I had. With XM you always seem to get everything premium, with Sideshow it's hit and miss most of the time. But hmm $700 for a premium format I can't even justify that. The pose maybe one point. The mixed media maybe another point. The only way I could justify the price is that the ES is really low.

Yup. While I do see the argument for this DP vs P1 1/3 I just keep in mind that they are all mainly (if not all) museum poses which are ok but I prefer action poses (personally). 1 or 2 museum poses are cool but I don't want a whole boat load of them especially in 1/3.

AND as you pointed their 1/4 Superman (which I agree is very bland) is the same price. This is their first 1/4 statue so this right here shows the price range they're going for with not only the new 52 line but I'm also sure the Marvel comic line as well.

I do understand though, 700$ is a lot of money to be spending that's for certain. Pick and choose carefully what you like/want.

I agree with you on the P1 pricing of the 1/4 line. I think they set it with their Superman and yes its meh. I think this is $699 due to the complexity and popularity of the character IMO.

I agree with you on the P1 pricing of the 1/4 line. I think they set it with their Superman and yes its meh. I think this is $699 due to the complexity and popularity of the character IMO.

That's the conclusion I came too also. But the ES size might be small also! But who knows what sideshow class as small these days right

guess im one of the select few preordering this here

decided against preordering two, gotta save some funds for Thanos

My reward points made the blow less noticeable... but I feel your guys pain

Flex_zpsyygjasgi.jpg

Well, everyone can stop officially talking about how more expensive XM statues are.

It's the shipping that killer. The statue retail prices are well worth it.

With that being said, this looks like XM quality.

I said it before, but this may be the best detailed Marvel statue I've ever seen Sideshow make. I'm dead serious.

SS keeps referring to rising costs in China... if the statutes have reached this level of cost, why are we outsourcing to China? I cant imagine if this were made here in the US it would be higher in cost, its just not worth it.

SS keeps referring to rising costs in China... if the statutes have reached this level of cost, why are we outsourcing to China? I cant imagine if this were made here in the US it would be higher in cost, its just not worth it.

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on that because I have no idea what it would cost here, but yeah, there has to be point where you say 'Would it be cheaper to be do here?' I'm sure though the answer is much cheaper to still to do there.

Minimum wage in China is roughly $2.9

Obviously wages here are still higher, the finance Minister of China has been replaced and with the Trump administration it's hard to say how increased tariffs on imports will affect Sideshows bottom line.

Markets don't exist in a vaccum

Minimum wage in China is roughly $2.9

Obviously wages here are still higher, the finance Minister of China has been replaced and with the Trump administration it's hard to say how increased tariffs on imports will affect Sideshows bottom line.

Markets don't exist in a vaccum

I direct all future questions about costs to Rulk. :lecture :lol :rock

Wow... $700. Love Deadpool but thankfully don't care too much for the statue (like the first one better). Guess Deadpool won't be joining the collection anytime soon... :gah:

Wow... $700. Love Deadpool but thankfully don't care too much for the statue (like the first one better). Guess Deadpool won't be joining the collection anytime soon... :gah:

For me (obviously just my opinion), but this is the version to own. This oozes DP.

The first one is great though, and is there a need to own both? Probably not. But if you don't have the first, despite costs, this seems worth it.

The first one was very good but more of a museum piece rather than dynamic pose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first one was very good but more of a museum piece rather than dynamic pose!

Exactly. It looks great. And I think I even wanted to get it, but never did. But seeing this, it does the character so much more justice. This is what I expected to see. This really is perfect.

Exactly. It looks great. And I think I even wanted to get it, but never did. But seeing this, it does the character so much more justice. This is what I expected to see. This really is perfect.

I also believe because not everyone was familiar with Deadpool and the movie brought out his character more. So sideshow clearly went to town on this piece. I really love it a lot, they actually too risks with it. I just hope the QC is on point that's the only concern I have even over the price.

Back