Premium Format Deadpool PF (Ver. 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope not!

Erick Sosa's new company Prototypez Studios is releasing their first statue 1/4 Ryu. I think what he is doing is mind boggling and shows us also that not only XM can do it, but anyone can. He comes from the US same as SS and he RECENTLY stated that he is leaving for china to PERSONALLY QC every piece himself to make sure customers get what they see in the photos. His QC team has already mentioned too that they can better the Prototype, and the Prototype was already insane!

We need to keep comparing and supporting the QC side of businesses. Most Prices now are the same but QC isn't. It all comes down to what company are banking most of the profits and what companies are giving back to the customer.

I dont even know of a product from SS (in recent years....YEARS) that come out just like the Proto (that SS the love to market to us). It's now this new age SS idea that "It's kinda close enough, wait let me check for damage... nope.. OK... let me check for weird paint lines...Mmmmm ok its abit here and there.... well compared to crap people have gotten I got a good one so I'm keeping it". Then they jusify the packaging, weight, materials to what you pay for it what you get.. Well not anymore. What we pay for is Pure BS. Its pretty much the same price as the XM who are leading the QC charge. For them it was simple --- "Let's Capitalise on the QC front and make bank".

Then you get Igo on statueforums pretty much mocking collectors views on leans, bad design choices, quality and other members just laugh it off because they are so stoked to have a Rep on the forums. You don't read comments like that from XM or PTZ. No way! Pisses me off. Thats why they get away with anything.

Dont compare to the Crap. Compare to the Proto. If you wanna be the best compare with the best, it's that simple. Other companies are doing it, its thats simple again.

Bring back the Realistic ES sizes. Im sure people would either not care or appreciate it. These ES sizes are so mental. In...the thousands!

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I think the problem is people continue to buy Sideshow - so why would Sideshow change their plan? They raise the prices, QC subjectively stays the same, yet people continue to buy. It just reinforces things. I'll be the first to admit. I'm guilty.

ya, the big difference for me is shipping. xm shipping to me in the states is just too much. hopefully ss qc improves, although there's not many signs that it will.

ya, the big difference for me is shipping. xm shipping to me in the states is just too much. hopefully ss qc improves, although there's not many signs that it will.

I think that's the big thing with me as well - in addition to the hype train and not being able to directly order it for myself.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I think the problem is people continue to buy Sideshow - so why would Sideshow change their plan? They raise the prices, QC subjectively stays the same, yet people continue to buy. It just reinforces things. I'll be the first to admit. I'm guilty.

100%

Well myself I've put my money towards QC and ES because they go hand in hand i believe... well for now i think. I havent bought a SSC piece since the Rogue. That opened my eyes! I tried again with the Hulk PF but cancelled when I saw the weight, Paint, and seam. Looked completely different to the Proto.

I want to bounce back to SSC. I take part in forum discussions, look up SSC updates daily hoping one day they pull through and its been years and for me it hasnt done enough.

This is the next one. I want it to be what I saw at SDCC. They Market that and thats what I want. From top to bottom, Inside and Out. Its a mockery to the design for not giving good materials and QC. Compliment it please.

I hope no one takes this as negative, i feel like its all positive. Filter out the crap to get the best. SSC I want to support you but I can't for what you are. Not yet

100%

Well myself I've put my money towards QC and ES because they go hand in hand i believe... well for now i think. I havent bought a SSC piece since the Rogue. That opened my eyes! I tried again with the Hulk PF but cancelled when I saw the weight, Paint, and seam. Looked completely different to the Proto.

I want to bounce back to SSC. I take part in forum discussions, look up SSC updates daily hoping one day they pull through and its been years and for me it hasnt done enough.

This is the next one. I want it to be what I saw at SDCC. They Market that and thats what I want. From top to bottom, Inside and Out. Its a mockery to the design for not giving good materials and QC. Compliment it please.

I hope no one takes this as negative, i feel like its all positive. Filter out the crap to get the best. SSC I want to support you but I can't for what you are. Not yet

You are I are on the same page. I totally get what you're saying and agree.

I'm a little more forgiving in that I still buy from Sideshow, but I completely understand.

Frankly if the US offered a competitive distributor for most of what the Asian market offers SS would either be forced to step up the game and get back to reasonable prices or quit the game . They just seem petty and jealous raising prices and not quality to match Hot Toys and the Asian companies products of better quality and more reasonable prices for that. But we are stuck with what we got.

Frankly if the US offered a competitive distributor for most of what the Asian market offers SS would either be forced to step up the game and get back to reasonable prices or quit the game . They just seem petty and jealous raising prices and not quality to match Hot Toys and the Asian companies products of better quality and more reasonable prices for that. But we are stuck with what we got.

Sideshow definitely has their hand on the US market for sure. Other companies exist, but Sideshow dominates.

If SS didn't fall off I would own just SS, but because of their shenanigans, my collection has diversified a lot and I have currently 1 PO with them as apposed to the 8 I would have I didn't feel wronged by them again and again.

I'm going with an Ex. ES of 1500, and I'm going to stand firm on the $625. I just think between rising prices, the character, and all of the detail, (more so then we normally see on PF), we'll get some sticker shock.

For the record, I hope it's less. :lol

Back