1/6 Deadpool 2 1/6th scale Deadpool (Dusty Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ffs everyone got their knickers in a twist that they didn't do a grey suit for the x-force, and now that's more or less coming to fruition and you all are bitching about it. There is ZERO pleasing this audience. Be happy for those who wanted a grey suit.

Grey suit ≠ red suit covered in dirt and duct tape.

A lot of people are sorta in that camp. But making this doesn’t mean they can’t make others. The repaints are how they pay for the chances they take on new stuff. Everyone bitches that they don’t make less iron man figures. So they make other stuff and people complain it’s to put there(Winnie the Pooh). They complain that hot toys only makes marvel, so they do Matrix and people complain it’s not cable. They make John wick and people complain it’s already been made unlicensed. They make figures that seem to be limited and people complain they have to pay after market prices...then it gets wider release and people complain it’s not that limited(neon). They complain hot toys makes figures not on screen, then they make this and people complain because it’s a money grab. And then when people want something they say hot toys has lots of money so they can do whatever. So complain about how they got money and then ask them to change how they got it.

Yes, hot toys has made a large amount of money over the years. Does that mean they can withstand multiple figure flops with no reissues or repaints to offset it? Probably not. Circuit city made billions, and still went out of business. It happens ALL the time with companies. Most adults who work make hundreds of thousands of dollars in their life even on minimum wage. Does that mean they have that money in reserve? Nope.

Woah Deja vu ha ha..
Same sh%$ differnt day n release even the blind lady saw this coming....

Guess what watch Deadpool 3 ,I bet will have a full on Grey suit nicely upgraded.... prediction. So this will be pre battle suit damaged and still sell out superfast watch.

Oh ffs everyone got their knickers in a twist that they didn't do a grey suit for the x-force, and now that's more or less coming to fruition and you all are bitching about it. There is ZERO pleasing this audience. Be happy for those who wanted a grey suit.

Agree - good post :clap

Wow! Huge Deadpool fan but haven’t got around to seeing 2 yet so this was a huge surprise. I have the DO 1 fig but will likely get this.

Visions of posing him with MKVII Stealth and the 10yr Anniversary Cap. Niiiice.

I guess I don't understand why there's always the assumption that because they're making this figure, that somehow rules out a different figure. If they had no plans on making a Cable/Domino/Collossus, then we're in the same boat as we already were. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy this.

Totally agree. This isn't stopping them from being made. We all know basically at this point HT isn't making anyone else from the movie. Just buy the 3rd party options, they look great and are probably $50-100 cheaper than what HT would sell them for.

got people wetting their pants over cap'n america & iron man figures based on concept art, but a deadpool based on a scene from the movie is too far? ok :cuckoo:

Nope. They are all dumb. Concept art figures are whack. This ashy Deadpool is also whack.

How about they just release NEW characters instead of the same characters over and over in new "colorways".

Feels like I'm right back in the sneaker collecting game with Nike and Adidas all over again.

Nope. They are all dumb. Concept art figures are whack. This ashy Deadpool is also whack.

How about they just release NEW characters instead of the same characters over and over in new "colorways".

Feels like I'm right back in the sneaker collecting game with Nike and Adidas all over again.

at least this time you're able to turn off the caps lock...

Surely this figure only works with a diorama to put it in context, orherwise it just looks like Grey Deadpool......which is....odd.

I understand that a company is in business to make money so I don't fault them for doing this to make some easy money. However, I see comments that say doing these types of figures doesn't prevent them from doing new ones. I believe that it does, they have limited resources in terms of production capabilities. For everyone of these recolors, it likely increases the odds that another figure won't be made. Also, I wonder if it's having an impact on the design and quality of other figures as well as they seem to be cutting corners in certain situations (e.g., IW Thor's SB, Mark V head sculpt, WW paint issues, Starlords collar). I feel like we're also seeing preorders get pushed back much further out than they used to be.

I understand that a company is in business to make money so I don't fault them for doing this to make some easy money. However, I see comments that say doing these types of figures doesn't prevent them from doing new ones. I believe that it does, they have limited resources in terms of production capabilities. For everyone of these recolors, it likely increases the odds that another figure won't be made. Also, I wonder if it's having an impact on the design and quality of other figures as well as they seem to be cutting corners in certain situations (e.g., IW Thor's SB, Mark V head sculpt, WW paint issues, Starlords collar). I feel like we're also seeing preorders get pushed back much further out than they used to be.

I just don't agree with that. This is an exclusive figure that's a quick repaint with a couple small new accessories. They aren't skipping Colossus and Cable to make this figure. It's not getting a wide release, so they're not spending tons of factory and R&D time on this figure. This is an easy and quick figure of something that actually appeared on film and also doubles as an X-Force Deadpool for those who want that.

I just don't agree with that. This is an exclusive figure that's a quick repaint with a couple small new accessories. They aren't skipping Colossus and Cable to make this figure. It's not getting a wide release, so they're not spending tons of factory and R&D time on this figure. This is an easy and quick figure of something that actually appeared on film and also doubles as an X-Force Deadpool for those who want that.

you start adding up all of the different repaints and all the factory time / labor that it takes to do those then something definitely falls by the way side eventually. I'm not saying this figure alone does that. They have limited resources and movies are coming out faster than they can make figures. They need to prioritize and stuff at the bottom of the list falls off at a certain point.

OK for all the nay sayers.

What if Hot Toys was using this quick Deadpool repaint version to make some albeit easy money to help pay for a new Cable body tooling. It's clear a new body mould is the highest cost for any figure. And Cable is one body they can't use on any other figure.

This would therefore potentially be a case of making one figure to enable another, while not adding a price hike to a Cable figure.

Just a thought....

OK for all the nay sayers.

What if Hot Toys was using this quick Deadpool repaint version to make some albeit easy money to help pay for a new Cable body tooling. It's clear a new body mould is the highest cost for any figure. And Cable is one body they can't use on any other figure.

This would therefore potentially be a case of making one figure to enable another, while not adding a price hike to a Cable figure.

Just a thought....

They could have used the Cable body on the Deadpool 3/X-Force movie figure if they just made it in the first place for Deadpool 2. This is essentially the 3rd time they've used the Deadpool suit and accessories, so they should have made plenty of money off of this suit. I'm going 3rd party route but I still would like HT to hit the rest of the characters in the movie at some point.

Because $ signs

Back