1/6 Deadpool 2 1/6th scale Deadpool (Dusty Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how Ryan Reynolds feels about using his likeness but I think a better exclusive would have been an unmasked head in the yellow prison jumpsuit. This looks like someone dropped their regular version in the litter box and someone said "heh that looks like that scene at the end." and they went with it.

Wow, this is definitely a new low for HT. Dusty version? Really??

Come on. It’s actually from the film. This isn’t stealth mk7. Just silly to slam a company for reuse of existing materials and patterns and production process when that’s how it was on screen.

I mean are we hoping hot toys doesn’t make a profit and doesn’t reuse stuff and goes out of business? Is that what people are wanting?

Maybe Hot Toys should have called it Neon grey stupid limited figure. Then people would line up for this.

I don't fault a company that is trying to make money by providing a unique product using already existing molds. I just wish they would create new figures like Collossus instead of a rehash.

Ehh, wasn't too fussed on Deadpool 2 figure, thought it's an improvement over the first but think they can do better on the third - however this is different enough from the first that I think I may get this, it looks better and the shin pads don't have that weird different red glossy look. Like the addition of the tape!

I don't accept it, HT already makes bambilions from IM figures and of course economy-wise it's smart to use the same mold again and again and make more money, but doing that in franchise where people are waiting for another figures and instead we've got the same only one figure in Dusty version ... it's rude to customers.

I guess I don't understand why there's always the assumption that because they're making this figure, that somehow rules out a different figure. If they had no plans on making a Cable/Domino/Collossus, then we're in the same boat as we already were. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy this.

Rude or not i am happy they are making it. It's easier than me making my own custom for this scene in the film.

and cheaper

I don't accept it, HT already makes bambilions from IM figures and of course economy-wise it's smart to use the same mold again and again and make more money, but doing that in franchise where people are waiting for another figures and instead we've got the same only one figure in Dusty version ... it's rude to customers.

How is it rude? We obviously don't know the logistics to how their business is run and the process for getting the proper licensing to do a figure. This figure was actually part of the movie, it's not like they just made it up for laughs. Maybe they don't have the rights to make others. If they have the molds already to this figure and it's part of the movie then it would be a waste not to make it. You don't have to like it, but I"m sure some diehard DP fans will eat it up.

totally agree. likewise, one wonders how many will buy cable, colossus or teenage something warhead if HT were to make them.

How is it rude? We obviously don't know the logistics to how their business is run and the process for getting the proper licensing to do a figure. This figure was actually part of the movie, it's not like they just made it up for laughs. Maybe they don't have the rights to make others. If they have the molds already to this figure and it's part of the movie then it would be a waste not to make it. You don't have to like it, but I"m sure some diehard DP fans will eat it up.

I was hoping for a quicker turnaround but it will not be out until the end of next year. Of course i still have not received my regular DP2 figure from SS yet but i did pick up a DP2 body for another custom (not this dusty one).

So after i get this next year i will have 5 versions of DP :lol

How many freaking times does it need to be said?! WADE HEAD, WADE HEAD, WADE HEAD!!!!!!
This would have been the (second time in a row) PERFECT opportunity for a Wade Wilson headsculpt. WTF Hot Toys?

I don't know how Ryan Reynolds feels about using his likeness but I think a better exclusive would have been an unmasked head in the yellow prison jumpsuit. This looks like someone dropped their regular version in the litter box and someone said "heh that looks like that scene at the end." and they went with it.

:exactly:

Thought we would see that prison version? Must be an issue with the license and likeness rights that we haven't gotten the RR headsculpt for a 3rd time around?

Oh ffs everyone got their knickers in a twist that they didn't do a grey suit for the x-force, and now that's more or less coming to fruition and you all are bitching about it. There is ZERO pleasing this audience. Be happy for those who wanted a grey suit.

I don't fault a company that is trying to make money by providing a unique product using already existing molds. I just wish they would create new figures like Collossus instead of a rehash.

A lot of people are sorta in that camp. But making this doesn’t mean they can’t make others. The repaints are how they pay for the chances they take on new stuff. Everyone bitches that they don’t make less iron man figures. So they make other stuff and people complain it’s to put there(Winnie the Pooh). They complain that hot toys only makes marvel, so they do Matrix and people complain it’s not cable. They make John wick and people complain it’s already been made unlicensed. They make figures that seem to be limited and people complain they have to pay after market prices...then it gets wider release and people complain it’s not that limited(neon). They complain hot toys makes figures not on screen, then they make this and people complain because it’s a money grab. And then when people want something they say hot toys has lots of money so they can do whatever. So complain about how they got money and then ask them to change how they got it.

Yes, hot toys has made a large amount of money over the years. Does that mean they can withstand multiple figure flops with no reissues or repaints to offset it? Probably not. Circuit city made billions, and still went out of business. It happens ALL the time with companies. Most adults who work make hundreds of thousands of dollars in their life even on minimum wage. Does that mean they have that money in reserve? Nope.

Back