Dead pool and apparently new Sideshow packaging review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was stock grocerys lol nothin big or paid 4 by customer's Affatori on my delivery job was paid stuff never bowled too many unless they were complete a-holes.

Last edited:
It was stock grocerys lol nothin big or paid 4 by customer's Affatori on my delivery job was paid stuff never bowled too many unless they were complete a-holes.

It's this kind of ignorant attitude that just pisses me off. I used to manage a grocery store. Part of an 11-store chain. All the damaged product that comes in, either from the shipper, or from the lazy thoughtless customers who leave perishable product lying around the store, cost us millions annually, because all of it ended up in the dumpster. And guess what, all of that then gets turned back around to you the consumer. Just like shop-lifting. So don't ever think it's no big deal.

I, to a degree agree with afattori. This should be packed better. The shipper box is a step back for SS. They did this for awhile with some of their previous figures and got backlash from customers. Even if you don't care for the box it is part of the whole presentation with this hobby. At $250+ I don't want to receive a damaged box. ****, at any price I don't want to receive a damaged box. I got Gotham Bats and even though it did not come with a shipper box it was in a plastic bag with packing paper and a outer box that gave enough room for protection even for our sports enthusiast that work at our shipper provider. My biggest gripe about the Deadpool packaging is the foam insert. It doesn't present the figure well. HT at least gave you a nice form-fitting cut which added to the overall presentation. What I got from SS is in line with what I got from the Art Figures Avenger which I paid under $100.

I, to a degree agree with afattori. This should be packed better. The shipper box is a step back for SS. They did this for awhile with some of their previous figures and got backlash from customers. Even if you don't care for the box it is part of the whole presentation with this hobby. At $250+ I don't want to receive a damaged box. ****, at any price I don't want to receive a damaged box. I got Gotham Bats and even though it did not come with a shipper box it was in a plastic bag with packing paper and a outer box that gave enough room for protection even for our sports enthusiast that work at our shipper provider. My biggest gripe about the Deadpool packaging is the foam insert. It doesn't present the figure well. HT at least gave you a nice form-fitting cut which added to the overall presentation. What I got from SS is in line with what I got from the Art Figures Avenger which I paid under $100.

You summed up my feelings exactly. The cheap foam and plastic baggies used to protect figure is a joke. The presentation of the figure in that cheap foam and baggies was a major disappointment. Did your Gotham bats have the foam also or plastic tray like before? I can not believe he came in a plain box. Thanks for letting me know that no shipper like Sideshow used before. I get eBay bucks at least. Will head to eBay and get one since no shipper with print on it on what figure it is. I know its ****, but I collect and keep the shipper boxes. To me shipper adds to the collectibility. Sad that Sideshow is going this route. Thanks for saving me money Sideshow I guess. I will wait for figures like green Lantern become discounted or buy displayed one on eBay. I can live without ssc reward points anymore. The market is getting hit with so many releases and high prices. That does not bode well for us. This hobby is heading for a crash imo. Sucks being a completist. But that has ended for me. With all the new episode vii figures already up for preorder, if you bought all of them, it would be the same price of a used car, not a junk car mind you.

Last edited:
Foam is nicer... when it's custom cut to fit a specific figure like HT does.

And has the right density/stiffness that it doesn't feel floppy when you take it out.

Foam is nicer... when it's custom cut to fit a specific figure like HT does.

And has the right density/stiffness that it doesn't feel floppy when you take it out.

That is the problem with sideshows dead pool foam. It is cheap and floppy. Also comes in 2 pieces. Top piece has no backing to keep figure from falling out. The bottom piece is crap quality also. Hot toys foam is much nicer and higher quality. Does not feel cheap at all. Sideshow really cheaped out here on the shipper, box, and packaging. Plus the increase in shipping charges. I live in Arizona and shipping used to be $10.00. Now I am laying on average 21.00. My buddy in Florida paid less on same figure I bought. Makes no sense since I live 6 hours away from Sideshow.

It's this kind of ignorant attitude that just pisses me off. I used to manage a grocery store. Part of an 11-store chain. All the damaged product that comes in, either from the shipper, or from the lazy thoughtless customers who leave perishable product lying around the store, cost us millions annually, because all of it ended up in the dumpster. And guess what, all of that then gets turned back around to you the consumer. Just like shop-lifting. So don't ever think it's no big deal.

Well said my friend. Stupid acts like stealing and damaging things gets passed on to the consumer ie us. Same with people wanting minimum wage raised to 15.00. No company or McDonalds will absorb that increased cost. It all gets passed down to the consumers with higher prices.

hmmmmmm. I think some need to chill out u will only get upset over nothing and turn into a A$$hole no one like's. Life's too short to worry over bent corners dented box or what not ha ha i think Stryker and this thread is waaaaaay to serious.:cuckoo::lol

Bats has the trays.
If Bats had a shipper box I don't know why SS would take it off to put it in another box when that was not done for Deadpool. Perhaps it has something to do with the early ship for Deadpool.:dunno

hmmmmmm. I think some need to chill out u will only get upset over nothing and turn into a A$$hole no one like's. Life's too short to worry over bent corners dented box or what not ha ha i think Stryker and this thread is waaaaaay to serious.:cuckoo::lol

If you are happy with inferior quality then you are welcome to your opinion. But do not say those who feel contrary to your opinion are too serious. I am not happy paying premium price for a figure and receiving lesser quality than other released figure packaging. For me and others it means something and adds to the experience of buying and opening a figure. As I said, Xensations Mr ? had the same packaging and I only paid 150.00 shipped. When I spend 100.00 more for a figure, I do not expect cheap packaging and same quality of a 150.00 figure. Certain expectations are not to serious as you implied.

I dont think you can compare the Xensation riddler box to deadpool's . Sideshow still has the cover n back box art and slip cover art. As for the foam and no plastic tray it's not a big game changer. It could be factory ran out of material's n ship boxes or cost saving who know's ? I do like u save my box and display them if have the room. I did LOVE my Hot toys DX style and do hope DX line come's back. There is a bit more nicer presentation to the DX'S box but also imagine add's to the cost. As for shipping i just heard UPS was increasing shipping a week before started shipping. Again who know's if no more plastic tray's and shipping box style shipper? As long keep the box art going and my figure arrive's safe i dont mind the change's of foam or shipper.

The packaging and foam is very similar to Xensations imo. All I am saying dead pool over all does not feel like a 250.00 figure with shipping. The bar has been lowered, not raised. As a consumer, I am not happy with this. If you are, great. We can agree to disagree.

The packaging and foam is very similar to Xensations imo. All I am saying dead pool over all does not feel like a 250.00 figure with shipping. The bar has been lowered, not raised. As a consumer, I am not happy with this. If you are, great. We can agree to disagree.

Y'all are complaining about the box :ohbfrank:

Complaining that ssc is charging premium money and cheaping on packaging and using a shipping box that really does not protect the retail box. The cardboard is a much lighter weight box that can be easily crushed or damaged. Some of us keep the boxes and for me is part of the whole overall experience of the whole experience. When prior offerings by Sideshow that were cheaper in price and better quality and now paying more getting less quality does not bother you, well your entitled to that. I feel differently. I think it's a problem.

Complaining that ssc is charging premium money and cheaping on packaging and using a shipping box that really does not protect the retail box. The cardboard is a much lighter weight box that can be easily crushed or damaged. Some of us keep the boxes and for me is part of the whole overall experience of the whole experience. When prior offerings by Sideshow that were cheaper in price and better quality and now paying more getting less quality does not bother you, well your entitled to that. I feel differently. I think it's a problem.

I am sorry but imo you are not taking the whole figure into account when complaining about price.

This figure has A LOT of accessories and separate parts, all with fairly good detailing and weathering... 2 swords, 2 pistols, 2 grenades, bunch of hands, 1 large gun, double holster belt harness, shoulder harness, 2 heads, 20 separate removable pouches, 2 speech bubbles and wire, sheet of text stickers and the stand.

I agree the box is cheaper, it annoys me the figure just fell out of the bottom when picking up the first foam tray, they could have at least glued the bottom. The outer box is also cheaper. Honestly I don't really care that much, I just keep the box for resale and mine arrived through 2 missed deliveries without a dent (I know only anecdotal).

While overall I think SS is trying to charge HT prices for lesser quality, this figure has more value then you are alluding to imo. Take a look at X-Wing Luke, a much less complex costume and a lot less accessories for $10 more.

I am sorry but imo you are not taking the whole figure into account when complaining about price.

This figure has A LOT of accessories and separate parts, all with fairly good detailing and weathering... 2 swords, 2 pistols, 2 grenades, bunch of hands, 1 large gun, double holster belt harness, shoulder harness, 2 heads, 20 separate removable pouches, 2 speech bubbles and wire, sheet of text stickers and the stand.

I agree the box is cheaper, it annoys me the figure just fell out of the bottom when picking up the first foam tray, they could have at least glued the bottom. The outer box is also cheaper. Honestly I don't really care that much, I just keep the box for resale and mine arrived through 2 missed deliveries without a dent (I know only anecdotal).

While overall I think SS is trying to charge HT prices for lesser quality, this figure has more value then you are alluding to imo. Take a look at X-Wing Luke, a much less complex costume and a lot less accessories for $10 more.

I see your point. It's just the crappy first impression of shipper, box, and packaging just distracted from my over all first impression of the figure. Kinda like having a awesome car interior and motor, and the paint job kinda sucks. Thanks for adding to the conversation and giving me another way to look at it. Still disappointed though. The foam and baggies on the figure was just an unpleasant surprise.

That's disappointing. I hadn't purchased Deadpool yet, but I hate to hear that he's packaged in that way. I will admit it's probably silly, but I love the extra layer "of protection" the plastic window has. I own the Xensation Mr.? and Double Face and several Hot Toys DX figures and while I love the figures, I hate that they just sit in the foam trays. Admittedly, the way I display my 1/6 figures is why I love the plastic window though. I put mine on book shelves and have the front opened with the figure displayed that way in package. That plastic window just makes me feel like the figure is safer in there when I display it from someone taking the figure out or accessories falling out. Again, it's a nitpick, but I am disappointed to hear this wasn't packaged like the Sideshow DC releases.

Was it damaged? If not then...

maybe i'm missing something here??

i guess i'm missing the point of the complaint? is it because it has foam instead of a plastic clam shell? and because the cardboard shipper box isn't stiffer cardboard? And I'm not saying that to be a smartazz... that's really what I gather from reading some of this...?

Honestly I'm happy they packaged him the way they did. Having him in the plastic bag ensured there was no misplacing of the pouches... since they gave you a massive amount of them!

when it comes to value... and saying this isn't worth it, i'm at a loss as well.

if you look at the average price of these figures now, we are setting a bar around approx $220.
on average, most of the figures are a single head, 3 sets of hands, a weapon, another accessory and a stand.
this guy has 2 guns, 2 grenades, 2 swords, knife, rocket launcher, 5 sets of hands, 2 heads (3 w/ headpool) 2 speech bubbles and a stand... (not even counting the 20 pouches either attached to his outfit) so having 4+ extra weapons, an extra set of hands, 2 extra heads and the added speech bubbles... i guess i fail to see where this is considered over priced? quality wise, this thing is top notch too in my opinion. Details are great and is very sturdy.

Back