Statue Dead or Alive 5 - Kasumi 1/6 Complete Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actual product definitely lacks the same quality as the prototype...but not as bad as i expected

Face paint sucks. lips have no color. Eyebrows are mellow. And there's some stupid blush on her cheeks.

Maybe it looks better in-hand, not under bright photoshoot lights.

10290606a18.jpg

Still sad that this is better than every other Kasumi figure though.

Sold out at certain places... I'll probably just go through with it. Worst comes to worse I can sell it down the road.

Last edited:
ugh why did I put my faith in griffon.WHY!? (╯︵╰,)

Welp I'll keep her in private warehouse on hlj once they send me an invoice.

ugh why did I put my faith in griffon.WHY!? (╯︵╰,)

Welp I'll keep her in private warehouse on hlj once they send me an invoice.
Should have known better my friend. Never pre-order Griffon, always wait for in-hands.

You'll have to forgive me if I remain skeptical, Griffon just doesn't have a good rep. Releases constantly missing the proto, poor QC. Should always wait and see with Griffon. I would love to be proven wrong though.

Should have known better my friend. Never pre-order Griffon, always wait for in-hands.
Well I can freely cancel her on hlj.... I just don't think she'll go down in price though. The only place that still has her is BBTS for double the price and amiami (for now) Only reason why I haven't canceled yet.

Damn. I should've checked before paying for my AmiAmi preorder. Wtf happened to her head Sculpt?

Sculpt itself is fine, but the paint apps are scary. Hoping for more in-hand pics.

I'm probably going through with my order because it's sold out and will probably fetch decent prices later anyways if I end up hating it.

Sculpt itself is fine, but the paint apps are scary. Hoping for more in-hand pics.

I'm not too in-depth into this hobby, but I've heard of repaints. How difficult and costly would it be for someone to fix her if our statues were as bad as some are saying?

In any case, just got confirmation of shipment from Solaris Japan.

I'll find out soon enough if I love it or just like it; got a good price anyway. :)

I'm not too in-depth into this hobby, but I've heard of repaints. How difficult and costly would it be for someone to fix her if our statues were as bad as some are saying?

Female faces are notoriously much more difficult to paint than men's. There are so much subtleties and nuances that people don't realize. I try to stay away from painting female faces but that's also where I find the most fun and challenging. There are plenty of painters that would do it for a fee here on SSF, don't get discouraged.

I got a black friday discount off her on Hobby Link Japan. I guess since she went in stock literally on black friday.

Only cost me $92 from amiami shipped... love the exchange rates.

Again, figure should be easy to sell for profit later, it's sold out everywhere... finding no reason to cancel.

Back