Dead Island

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah again, like Borderlands you don't get a good impression of this game from trailers and whatnot. It's a really fun game and tha doesn't translate well in quick videos.

I was on tonight and didn't see anyone around either. I dot know what the deal is. There should be thousands of people playing at any given level. Weird

It hasn't been released in Australia yet so for me the co op options are limiting (since i have the game early). I absolutely despised Borderlands so for me the best comparison is Fallout 3 which I love. I am having alot of fun with the thugs now since I have better weapons. But from the start I fought the thugs with melee attacks by timing my attacks.

WHO DO YOU VOODOO B!+CH!!!! :rotfl

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bj6ebUVqA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78bj6ebUVqA[/ame]

party.gif

I am having a blast with this game, it may be just me but i cant stop playing.Work has me excited to go home and totally wreck some zombie's.

Man, thats nothing. Wait till you get to the City (and Sewers of the City) in ACT II. Thats where things get REAL intense! ;)

If you think the island is huge...wait till you get to the City. I was blown away by the imense scale of this game. I had no idea that there was more to the island aside from what is seen in ACT I, but theres TONS TONS more. Ive been playing for at least 10+ hours and Im only 38% through the main story. This thing is MASSIVE and Im enjoying every minute of it.

Oh and the zombies get faster and stronger as you level. Makes it even more terrifying. I just got my first handgun just awhile back. Groovy.

I'm having a blast with this. I wasn't too impressed with the gameplay footage I saw but I heard a few people raving about it so I gave it a shot. It REALLY captures the atmosphere and challenges you'd face if you were actually going through a zombie apocalypse. Here's something that happened last night before I quit. I thought it was a perfect example of just how right the game gets it.

I just did a quest where I had to go investigate a gas station that had been overrun for supplies for a band of survivors that had holed up inside a lighthouse and needed food and gas.

So I hopped into a truck and sped down the road, mowing over zombies like nobody's business. I hit 3 or 4, then my windshield shattered and I couldn't see. So my character punches out the windshield at full speed and I mow throw another group on my way to the station.

I get to the station and it's a ____ing nightmare. Zombies everywhere, standing water near a ladder I need to access that was electrified because of downed power lines. Oh, there are also a couple of Thug zombies (giant ____ers that you can't fight, you have to find other ways to kill them) roaming around which are goddamned terrifying. I find a way to disable the electricity, which included dropping through the skylight of a shed out back, luring the Thug zombie to the back and then sprinting around him to hit the switch and open the bay door, all the while going "oh____oh____oh____" because I'm terrified he's gonna reach me before I can get it done.

I manage to get out a split second before he gets to me, sprint back to the truck, disable the rest of the electrical boxes and get ready to take on the gas station itself. I hop BACK in the truck, one step ahead of some sprinting infected, then proceed to take out all the zombies roaming about just to make sure there are no surprises. Head back to the gas station, back the truck up to the now-open doors, run inside and grab the supplies, toss them into the back of the truck, and speed the ____ out of there just before a new group of zombies reaches the station.

It's intense, man. You have to really think and plan for what you want to do, or else you're dinner.

Nice progress. I finnaly got round to doing the story missions and am about 20% through. Mostly just been doing side quests

well, online co-op, and more specifically the game lobby finally started working for me last night. I heard there was some issues upon launch but now it should be fine. Previously when I went into the game lobby there was always no players found.

This has to be the glitchiest game i've ever played. Trying to return to the two cartons of juice to the lifeguard and nothing happens. Also I've had items just disappear and loads start up way before It last saved. I'm done. How this got passed testing is beyond me. Off to trade it in for resistance. What a pile of AIDs.

This has to be the glitchiest game i've ever played. Trying to return to the two cartons of juice to the lifeguard and nothing happens. Also I've had items just disappear and loads start up way before It last saved. I'm done. How this got passed testing is beyond me. Off to trade it in for resistance. What a pile of AIDs.

Thats too bad. Theres a patch for PC and PS3 now, And a 360 patch coming soon. Will fix most of the problems.

As for me Im enjoying it regardless of the glitches. Its still fun as hell.

As for the two cartons of juice, I had some trouble at first too, I thought I had to return them right to the Guard, but you actually have to set them in the garage (by the tool desk). Took me awhile to figure that out.

And that's exactly what I mean. How are you supposed to know that. I dont have the patience. It's a shame cos the gameplay is there it's just full of bugs. Maybe I will buy it again when it's cheap and the patch has sorted the problems out.

And that's exactly what I mean. How are you supposed to know that. I dont have the patience. It's a shame cos the gameplay is there it's just full of bugs. Maybe I will buy it again when it's cheap and the patch has sorted the problems out.

The trail on the map points to the garage, but I didnt think to set it in there, so I headed right up the stairs to teh Guard instead. The area where you set them is awfully dark so it is hard to see it when you enter the garage.

I thought I'd mention that several Targets and Best Buys I've been too in the past week have been sold out of this game (of course this isn't the case everywhere).

So I'd say it's selling pretty well.

I was at best buy today and seen 1 copy sitting there alone. Ive heard its really glitchy as well from others. I'll wait on it and pick it up used. From the sounds of it, that wont be hard to do in about a month or so.

Only gripes I have with this game are the save / load / quest progress / spawn location issues. I once loaded the game and spawned right in the middle of enemies even though I always quit after doing inventory, weapon cleaning and other house keeping things at safe haven locations. Makes me wonder what is saved and what isn't (i.e.: quest progress, weapon upgrades, etc) unless you encounter a storyline plot /quest update.

Back