DChung's EMIT BROWN, time traveler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, one more question for ya, how do you put the pens in the shirt pocket? the pocket is not slit open so I was i didnt know how to put them in without tearing the fabric of the suit.

I just poked little holes behind the orange pocket seam myself. Kinda ghetto, I know, but I didn't want to drive the price up any higher than it already was by having real pockets sewn in...
And regarding the shoe, bluetac sounds like a great idea. I read somewhere that some people use a spot of superglue, but move the piece around and around (to not let the glue bond), until the glue dries, which makes the joint tighter. I've never tried that technique myself, and I'd hate to have your shoe become immovable, so I'd try the bluetac first and see if that doesn't do the trick.

This truly is an amazing figure! After about 30 min or so of putting all the accessories on him I have just sat back and been admiring the hell out of it. Dan, you really rocked this figure. I'll try and post pics sometime tomorrow evening.

Looking good, rhaykal! :) It's definitely tough to figure out a way to display all of Dan's wonderful accessories...

Here are pics of Dan's Doc gear on a Narrow TT. I'm in love! Just waiting on a certain sculptor to finish his Doc sculpt.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious ****.

_MG_6745_zps7a9094db.jpg

_MG_6742_zps032ecdfb.jpg

_MG_6741_zps0134ab2f.jpg

_MG_6740_zps9d11c98d.jpg

Wow, that's an amazing set-up Marf.

Are you getting it done from Rocco or was the Doc he did a private commission ?

LOOKS GREAT MARF,,, JUST ONE THING, THE SHOULDERS LOOK A TAD BIG AND THE BICEP AREA, IS THE SHIRT UNDERNEATH BUNCHING UP ON YOU? OR MAYBE THE RADIATION SUIT CAUSES IT...I LEFT MINE ON THE SOLDIER BODY, BUT REALLY WANT TO SWITCH OUT...BUT I NEED DOC TO LOOK SLIM,,, THE ENTERBAY B.L. 2.5 LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT WORK,, AND ITS CHEAP ENOUGH,.,, NOT SURE HOW MUCH MODDING I HAVE TO DO TO THE NECK TO GET THE SCULPT TO FIT.... YOU COULD DREMEL DOWN SOME SIZE OF THE SHOULDER, AS LONG AS YOU DONT CARE RUINING THE BODY, YOU NEVER GOING TO SEE IT ANYWAY.....NICE SET UP ALSO, TOP NOTCH..:wave

Nice setup Marf. That sculpt (I believe it was Spensers?) that you used to have wasn't bad IMO. Did you end up selling it off?

LOOKS GREAT MARF,,, JUST ONE THING, THE SHOULDERS LOOK A TAD BIG AND THE BICEP AREA, IS THE SHIRT UNDERNEATH BUNCHING UP ON YOU? OR MAYBE THE RADIATION SUIT CAUSES IT...I LEFT MINE ON THE SOLDIER BODY, BUT REALLY WANT TO SWITCH OUT...BUT I NEED DOC TO LOOK SLIM,,, THE ENTERBAY B.L. 2.5 LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT WORK,, AND ITS CHEAP ENOUGH,.,, NOT SURE HOW MUCH MODDING I HAVE TO DO TO THE NECK TO GET THE SCULPT TO FIT.... YOU COULD DREMEL DOWN SOME SIZE OF THE SHOULDER, AS LONG AS YOU DONT CARE RUINING THE BODY, YOU NEVER GOING TO SEE IT ANYWAY.....NICE SET UP ALSO, TOP NOTCH..:wave

Thanks! The long sleeve thermal is pretty snug, the bulk around the arms is likely because of the pose I have him in. I think the shoulders seem wide because there's not sculpt yet. :)

Nice setup Marf. That sculpt (I believe it was Spensers?) that you used to have wasn't bad IMO. Did you end up selling it off?

Thanks, E. :duff I did used to have Spenser's sculpt, but I sold it a while back.

Got mine, I think DChung did a good job painting the head, but because I'm sick in the head and can't stop myself anymore, I decided to improve the paint job a little.

Added some blush to the cheeks, highlights to the face, adjusted the eyebrows, darkened the lips,along with various other things here and there. I think it turned out okay.

The outfit is great.
I went with an enterbay body because Doc Brown is so much larger than Marty, and Lloyd is a tall man. Right away as soon as I got the body the arm broke at the elbow when I was trying to dress him. Luckily most 1/6 bodies are similar, so I took it apart and used arms from a bootleg HT I had laying around. It gave it more movement anyway. I cut open the enter bay feet with a dremel and removed the rubber peg. Dremeled a larger hole in the shoes, and now they fit perfectly and can support the weight of the body.

img1941no.jpg

img1948nz.jpg

img1945ml.jpg

Nice work on the sculpt, it looks great! :rock

Just curious, why aren't you using Rainman's Nike's on Marty?

Beautiful setup.

God I wish I could go back and buy the Rainman Marty outfit.

There's currently a Marty for sale at ebay that claims to be the one from Rainman but the certificate is not included. The shoes are glued to the body and the HS is damaged at the neck... 1,025 usd buy it now.

Beautiful setup.

God I wish I could go back and buy the Rainman Marty outfit.

Back