DCD Batman 1:4 scale premium format figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never quite figured out why Batman is getting ready to hurl a batarang while in the batcave. Plus a gothic gotham gargoyle would look so much cooler.

The Superman 1/4 scale is actually very nice in person. No argument that the prototype photo's some people base their negative opinions of it on don't do the real statue much justice. But seeing a production piece in person I believe would change most of those opinions.
And the Batman 1/4 scale figure is very well done also. While the base isn't what I would have hoped for, overall it's a nice statue and I doubt many fans will be unhappy with it.
And not saying this to be negative, But I agree with those that feel DCD's PF efforts really don't compare well with SSC's best work, like Captain America or Doctor Doom. But then SSC's Logan, Elektra and Spiderman PF's don't in ovarall asthetics either in my opinion, and I would put Superman and Batman on that level at least. If your a Superman or Batman fan, they will make you very happy I think.

The Superman 1/4 scale is actually very nice in person. No argument that the prototype photo's some people base their negative opinions of it on don't do the real statue much justice. But seeing a production piece in person I believe would change most of those opinions.
And the Batman 1/4 scale figure is very well done also. While the base isn't what I would have hoped for, overall it's a nice statue and I doubt many fans will be unhappy with it.
And not saying this to be negative, But I agree with those that feel DCD's PF efforts really don't compare well with SSC's best work, like Captain America or Doctor Doom. But then SSC's Logan, Elektra and Spiderman PF's don't in ovarall asthetics either in my opinion, and I would put Superman and Batman on that level at least. If your a Superman or Batman fan, they will make you very happy I think.

I have seen the Superman in person and I personally didn't think that it was that good, it did look just like the promo pictures. I can't get past the Jimmy Kimmel head sculpt. If it had a Jim Lee style head sculpt and a shorter neck it would have been an easy purchase for me. I agree that it is at least passable and comparable to some of Sideshows weaker PF showings.

He's amazing, worth every penny:

DPP_77.jpg

DPP_78.jpg

DPP_79.jpg

DPP_80.jpg

DPP_81.jpg

Spliff finally some excellent pics! (you too Natrix:cool:) :bow
This does look quality when its shown without flash. I find myself urging an impulse buy.
Btw, how tall is it?

I like the costume fine, it works for the Modern look but the face looks constipated and old...the base is horrid. I really wanted a Bats and Supes PF in my collection to stand next to my marvels but this just doesn't do it. IMHO.

Mine arrived today! Considering I bought it on Friday, I was really shocked that it showed up today. :D Currently it's still boxed up and in the trunk of my car - gotta wait till I get home from work to tear into it.

Well.....

The Batman Museum statue was my first acquisition in the 1:4 scale. I love how DCD packaged these, with the black box and gold lettering. Very classy. Unfortunately, I don't even have to completely remove Batman from the box since he's broken where his right arm meets his shoulder. The arm just hangs/flops. Since it's under the fabric, there's no way for me to repair this. :monkey2 This was NOT due to mishandling during shipping as the box is fine.

Sent a message to the eBay seller. This is the second one he's sold and of course, I get the broken one. :rolleyes:

Now I'm worried about the Superman Museum and Captain America PF that are en route to me.

Seems like this shoulder thing might be epidemic. Mine arrived today and sure enough - broken at the right shoulder. It seems to be a design flaw in the packaging - way too much pressure on the right side, especially if something gets put on top of it.

Sorry to hear that you've joined the "Broken Shoulder Club" Dave. :(

I haven't heard back from the eBay seller yet. Something tells me he's going to want to blame the Post Office for this since I insured it.

Great pics, Spliff! They're the best ones I've seen. Now I'm thinking about getting one...but I'm still not totally sold on the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back