DCD Batman 1:4 scale premium format figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this today and am very impressed with it. It is a huge improvement over their first attempt with Superman. The only minor drawback is the base, which would look much improved with a repaint. I will get some pictures up later. I did see that in the Captain America PF picture thread there is a picture of the Batman next to the Captain.

That's how I intend to display him, with Captain America. I should be getting mine next Friday.

Here are a few quick pictures...sorry for the flash use in the first one.

The confrontation....

I REALLY like it, it fits right in with the Sideshow PF's!

Oh man, I'm really excited about getting this now, it looks awesome. And those pics of Batman facing off with the Hulk look great.

I am by no means a collector of DC items but this PF looks amazing and is tempting me to keep one. DC did a great job on it, but I agree that the base could use a bit more detail.

I'm really thinking about picking up this one! It would be my first 1:4 premium. What was wrong with the Superman 1:4?

I'm really thinking about picking up this one! It would be my first 1:4 premium. What was wrong with the Superman 1:4?

Here is a link to the DC Direct page for the Superman.

https://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=5295&lst=new&cat=JUST+ANNOUNCED

The costume neck line and how the cape attached to the suit was pretty bad looking and it also has a long scrawny neck and his face looked like Jimmy Kimmel. Otherwise it wasn't that bad looking...:lol

It wasn't up to par with the Batman or any Sideshow PF's but it was also their first attempt. Sideshow has had a few clunkers too so I don't know why people are so down on the DC attempts so far.

I got the Batman from my LCS for $250 so I am happy with it. That would be close to what I could get it for online after shipping. They still have a Superman so I might throw a low offer and see if they would sell it on the cheap.

Well I had one of those collector moments and I ordered both the 1:4 Superman and Batman PF's!

:eek:

$230 shipped each.

I'm hoping that Wonder Woman will be next in the lineup.....

Damn all of you people that post pics of these things! Resistance is FUTILE! :D

Well I had one of those collector moments and I ordered both the 1:4 Superman and Batman PF's!

:eek:

$230 shipped each.

I'm hoping that Wonder Woman will be next in the lineup.....

Good prices, especially for the Batman. You will be very happy with it at that price.

Let us know how you like the Superman when you get it.

Good prices, especially for the Batman. You will be very happy with it at that price.

Let us know how you like the Superman when you get it.

So I guess you don't care what I think about the Batman when I get that one? :monkey5

After reading some older posts here about the Superman PF, I see that some didn't like it. I think Supes looks great....especially the pics that Dave provided.

Luckily, both of these are being shipped through USPS, so I don't have to sweat it at work when I see that they've been delivered like I do with UPS. I'm always worried that when I get home they will have been swiped off my front porch!

BTW Natrix, I can't believe that you beat me in posting the DCD 13" Bizarro solicit.....I'll get you back :emperor

:D

So I guess you don't care what I think about the Batman when I get that one? :monkey5

After reading some older posts here about the Superman PF, I see that some didn't like it. I think Supes looks great....especially the pics that Dave provided.

Luckily, both of these are being shipped through USPS, so I don't have to sweat it at work when I see that they've been delivered like I do with UPS. I'm always worried that when I get home they will have been swiped off my front porch!

BTW Natrix, I can't believe that you beat me in posting the DCD 13" Bizarro solicit.....I'll get you back :emperor

:D

I know you will like the Batman....some people are ripping it pretty good (unfairly, I think) on statueforum, which I don't get. Glad that people here are a little more open minded.

Last edited:
I know you will like the Batman....some people are ripping it pretty good (unfairly, I think) on it on statueforum, which I don't get. Glad that people here are a little more open minded.

Yeah I read the posts over there. I don't want to get into bashing another site, but the negativity in that thread pretty much made me NOT want to sign up on that forum.

Nothing wrong with not liking something, but it's another thing to P&M just for the hell of it. :rolleyes:

I second that. I've learned to stay away from picture threads of things I don't have on order.

I'm confused. Wasn't there already a thread on this Batman statue where everyone was bashing it and calling the base a pile of turds??

Maybe I'm thinking of another message board.

I just saw this in person - and not a promo piece at SDCC - it looks fantastic! :clap

It is really tempting to be sure; the big drawback as most have noted is the base, but as for styling it is certainly on par with the SS PFs. :cool:

The Superman DCD PF is a very nice piece in person. Definitely deserves a better rep. Interestingly though Batman does look better, yet his base is inferior to Superman's. Man, DCD 1/4 Batman with DCD 1/4 Supes' base!

Now that would be a perfect match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back