DCD 13" V, V for Vendetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies, the pictures weren't working as I re-arranged my photos, they should now be fixed.

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but didn't want to start a new one. Had a read through and seems no one has tried (or posted pictures of) attempts to put real hair on V.

Heres my attempt:

Bought this Obitsu head off of eBay:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300367778486&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

4870_12.JPG

So, I trimmed the hair, and then scalped him:

MOOHEAD01.jpg

Then scalped V :chew really easy to do, two separate pieces and it peeled off without hassle.

VHEAD02.jpg

VHEAD01.jpg

Glued the plastic scalp onto the V's head (probably don't have to do this, as the force of the hat on his head keeps the hair on nicely too).

VHAIR01.jpg

Bobs your uncle, my new V! He's on a TT Caucasian, and has Medicom Vaders gloves on, as they fit perfectly over the sleeves.

COMPLETED03.jpg

COMPLETED02.jpg

COMPLETED01.jpg

Hope this helps some people who were unsure about doing it, this was my first "custom" per se', so if I can do it, anyone can.

SHELF01.jpg

Hey how well does the V head fit on a TT body? Is it a direct fit or will it need some modding?

I'm wondering the same thing. I have the DCD GL's and their heads are huge!
Love the mod. It's convinced me to do one myself.

It's not a good fit to start, I got a nail file into V's head to make it fit, as the DC Direct peg is slightly smaller than the TT's

Thanks for reposting the custom pics! Gonna do my custom based off those.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread I thought it would be better to post here rather than to create a new thread.

Just want to show my DC V for Vendetta custom for fun!

The hair implant idea is all due credit to MateriaHunter ;)

CustomDCDVendetta1.jpg

CustomDCDVendetta.jpg

VOILA!
CustomDCDVendetta4.jpg

CustomDCDVendetta5.jpg

CustomDCDVendetta6-1.jpg

I don't have a name,
CustomDCDVendetta2.jpg

But you can call me V
CustomDCDVendetta3.jpg

Thanks for viewing! hope u all enjoy it :p

Shadow_Wolf what kind of body did you use? Your belt seems to fit the body perfectly. I bought V from materia_hunter and the belt gets pushed up a little by the pants. His is on a HT TT body.

Sorry for the late reply, believe it or not (u might not like hearing this) I used the original stock body :lol with modified ankle and wrist.

For V's ankles I used the ankle+ joints+feet from HT TT body to fit the boots.
And for his wrists I used revoltech's small ball joints, so at least I can have different wrist actions even though still limited.

And as for the reason I used the stock body (just in case u r wondering :p ), is because IMO its the perfect fit and scale for him.

Cheers

Last edited:
Let's hope it’s better than the statue from Neca :rolleyes: …that is the worst crap I ever have received :cuss
…it went strait in the garbage. :naughty

dsc00812copyto1.jpg

dsc00814copyxt7.jpg

dsc00815copyfq7.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Is this the general consensus of what all the Neca V resin statues look like?

I had to sell my DCD mask a little while back during some tight times, and am definitely upset about that. I want to replace it with some sort of V figure (since re-buying the mask would be too much).

I don't really love the look of the V figures I've seen, and was hoping the statue would look decent. Of course, all the promo pics I've seen look great, but if they look like this in person, forget it.

That is what the statue looks like in person... pretty shameful if you ask me :lol

The 12" figure from NECA is actually better looking, or you can always get the DCD figure and either keep it as-is, or do some upgrades to it.

That's a shame, since the statue is a pretty decent price. I'll look more at the figures. While I didn't love them on first glance, maybe some user pictures will look different.

I think the 12" figure from NECA is the same pose as the above statue... but a lot less and actually looks better :lol

Back