DCD 13" V, V for Vendetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link and info guys. There are a couple other things I was interested in and had no clue about this sale.

Got the V figure in the mail yesterday... overall its a very nice figure.

The body is actually a lot better than I expected and the outfit (especially the jacket) is very well tailored. But the body is still a bit too lanky and doesn't hang very naturally so I'm in the process of swapping over to a TrueType.

I'm using a standard TT and the jacket fits just fine, I think the oversized shoulders actually help fill it out better than the narrow would. Also I switched out the boots.

Don't have any pictures yet (sorry for the tease) but I'll post some when I get a bit more done.

But just know that this figure can work on a TT :rock

I'm about 1/2 done. I got home last night and was pretty wiped out... so the more annoying parts (like getting the hands and head to work) I didn't have the time/energy to finish.

But I'll post some pics tonight, I think just swapping the body and boots makes a huge difference. I'll probably distress the belt a bit to make it look less like plastic and that might be enough.

But I'd say definitely worth the investment for the price Joe is charging.

Messed with him a bit over my lunch hour... the DCD hands fit well on the old style HT pegs... but not the new ones. So if you are planning a body swap I'd suggest tracking down and using an old TT or at least getting some of the old wrist pegs.

I'm gonna dremmel down part of the neck connector from the DCD figure so it will work with the HT neck and then he should be ready to go :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:

The body is actually a lot better than I expected and the outfit (especially the jacket) is very well tailored. But the body is still a bit too lanky and doesn't hang very naturally so I'm in the process of swapping over to a TrueType.

I'm using a standard TT and the jacket fits just fine, I think the oversized shoulders actually help fill it out better than the narrow would. Also I switched out the boots.

Don't have any pictures yet (sorry for the tease) but I'll post some when I get a bit more done.

Huh....I really didn't think a regular TT would fit in that jacket without ripping it out at the shoulders.

Huh....I really didn't think a regular TT would fit in that jacket without ripping it out at the shoulders.

Fits just fine... actually if you compare the TT to the DCD body the shoulders are about the same width; I'd say the TT ibeing just smidge smaller.

Not until you apologize :lol

But pics will be forthcoming... I plan on cracking away at this after work :rock

Glad you're working on this. I, too, have this figure on its way and I plan to do EXACTLY the same thing you are to it once it arrives.

Fits just fine... actually if you compare the TT to the DCD body the shoulders are about the same width; I'd say the TT ibeing just smidge smaller.

I did...I laid the TT over the V figure to compare the shoulders and it looked bigger to me. I just thought that with the more bulbous TT shoulders, the top wouldn't fit so I never bothered to try it.

WE NEED PICTURES.......

Sorry for the delay... here are a few images.

Sorry for the last pic (w/o the cape) I didn't realize the image was blurry and I'm feeling a bit lazy :lol

vendettaa.jpg

vendettab.jpg

vendettac.jpg

Looks pretty good. Is the mask and hair one piece or can they be seperated? real hair would look great.

Looks pretty good. Is the mask and hair one piece or can they be seperated? real hair would look great.

Looks like they are separate... I think real hair would look great, but would be a bit more work than I'd like to do :lol

the 13" V is the same height with 12" HT super?...

I switched him over to a TrueType... so he's a bit shorter than what he originally was. But DCD used a different body that is slimmer and about 1/2 shorter than the standard one.

One kind of annoying thing is the gloves aren't long enough. Makes it hard for the sleeves to fit inside of them. I think the Sideshow Maul gloves would be a great upgrade.

I switched him over to a TrueType... so he's a bit shorter than what he originally was. But DCD used a different body that is slimmer and about 1/2 shorter than the standard one.

One kind of annoying thing is the gloves aren't long enough. Makes it hard for the sleeves to fit inside of them. I think the Sideshow Maul gloves would be a great upgrade.

ah! ok... he looked quite good on a TT... in that case i should get one also!..i love the movie!

Looks like they are separate... I think real hair would look great, but would be a bit more work than I'd like to do :lol

The SS Maul gloves should be able to fit over the smaller wrist pegs too, so it should work out nicely for you.

Back