DCD: 13" Kingdom Come Superman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easier said than done, what with the logo on the chest of the figure, and not a flat, even surface. :gah:

Is the costume glued on in certain parts? I'm not trying to be funny. All the rest of the DCD 13" figures costumes come off pretty easily. I would take the costume off and trace the emblem.

The problem is that the emblem begins to crack around the edges if it gets bent too much....mine around has a couple of cracks at the bottom from taking it on & off from the hip mod.

Ordered my chest logos for a Justice Ross Superman from EvilFace. Already did custom work on the figure, hair, belt ect. New chest decal will complete the figure! As soon as it's finished I'll post pics.

Got the decals for the Justice Superman Mod
Here are some pics of Justice Superman 13'!

justice7.jpg

justice6.jpg

justice5.jpg

justice4.jpg

justice3.jpg

justice2.jpg

Justice1.jpg

Decal is perfect size, and style. Only problem is the spandex of the figure's costume. I applied some p0.aper under the chest so I could apply the decal to a flat surface to cover, but the shape and contour of the figure's chest makes it impossible for the decal to lay flush. The decal would have to be stretchy.

I'm still working on something that could help the spandex lay flat without compromising the figure. Perhaps some kind of padding under the logo it's self. I'll have more time to tweek it this weekend.
I think the hair came out okay with a little black paint, and the belt is from a Superman Classic Figure, but I'm going to repaint the belt that came with the figure yellow, cuz it has better size, and matches better. I'll be doing that this weekend as well.

Last edited:
that looks awesome Kenedajade!!!

that is literally the best version of superman right now IMO!!!

(well until HT Reeve :monkey3)

I'll bet you would get a better lay of the decal if you took the suit off & laid the shirt on a flat surface before you apply it.

I did take the uniform off, flatened and reinforced with construction paper for a flat surface apply of decal. Once you uniform is on the figure, all bets are off because of the spandex. No matter wat you do, a solid object is not going to lay smooth on a stretch surface, and then you take into account the bumps and shape of the figures chest. This is why the logos on these figures are silk screened on.

Thanks on the nod to the collection. Still need Martian Manhunter, and Black Canary for JLA as my next two priority purchases. ____ Grayson Robin and Nightwing after that along with Supergirl. I seem to buy in collections first, lol. We need Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and the rest of JSA as well. I wouldn't mind Teen Titans, and Core Legion of Superheroes as well.

just a thought ,have you tryed heating the sticker with a hairdryer and applying it to the costume on the figures chest ,the idea being the sticker softens with the heat and moulds to the shape of the bodyand hopefully you get a better fit ,id love to get a couple lof these sticker if there being offered for sale

Yeah the Spandex is really tight on this figure, and it's causing the bunching. EvilFace's logo was perfect size, and perfect style for the figure too, it's just a physics problem. I'll try a couple techniques this weekend. As for the Hair Dryer, I'd be so afraid it would dammage the spandex. It's a sound idea, getting it to mold evenly to the contour of the figure. This is why I got two decals, lol. I'll probably get some more as well for backups.

I'm even considering a stitch job, but I think the solution is a silk screen, and that's quite an investment for a custom, lol.

I'm considering some kind of padding to help flatten the emblem area, but in a way that doesn't distort the chest. I'll take pics, and post results here.

The sad thing will be once we figure it out, and everyone has their customs set, DC Direct will anounce a full line up of official Ross figures, following Ross Batman with Justice Superman, lol. Guess we can sell our Customs on Ebay then, lol.

Back