DCD: 13" Kingdom Come Superman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I did a little work on the hips to even them out. I built up the area from the gap between the legs & the hips up to the lower rib cage w/ cotton rounds, which I first tore in half to thin them out, and then cut them to about one inch strips. I glued them in place w/ a little super glue. The key is to get the belt buckle to unsnap, which it does fairly easily, then you can pull down the costume to get to the area you want to work on. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but my camera is dead. Here's some rough before & after comparison shots:
hips3.jpg
hips4.jpg
hips2.jpg

:yess:

Last edited:
So the belt does unsnap, I thought it was glued together. Nice info. Time to get Superman nekkid again. :D

**edit** Didn't realize that the buckle actually splits into two. Cool!

well thanks to Karnis' last post, I am now done fixing this figure up and am pretty happy with how things look. With the bicep cut diminished and the leg/hip transition wider, this figure is definitely my Favorite and easily the best of all the 13" DCD figures.

Picture246-1.jpg

Before you pass on it, I would recommend to check it out in person at your LCS. It really is a great figure but if you don't own any 13 DCD, I can understand the reluctance.

well thanks to Karnis' last post, I am now done fixing this figure up and am pretty happy with how things look. With the bicep cut diminished and the leg/hip transition wider, this figure is definitely my Favorite and easily the best of all the 13" DCD figures.

Picture246-1.jpg

Great work. Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. You thankfully got rid of the bulge too :yuck

It just has to be more accurate in accessiores and likeness if DCD wants to get my money.

I feel the same way to some extent. Most of the time I don't feel that these DCD figs are worth the $80-$100. The only figure I feel was worth my top dollar in this line was my V for Vendetta. That figure felt like it was worth the price right when I opened it. I got the DCD Spirit figure for only $25 and I feel the quality of it was worth more than many of the prices that some of the more popular figures go for like batman and sups.

Just like I do with all my 13" DCD figs, I'll wait on this until I can find it for a pretty decent price. This is just my opinion though :peace

Thanks, JediKnight, EdwardNygma1. I'll probably do that Bicep Mod for all my DCDs since it is so easy and removable.

OK, I did a little work on the hips to even them out. I built up the area from the gap between the legs & the hips up to the lower rib cage w/ cotton rounds, which I first tore in half to thin them out, and then cut them to about one inch strips. I glued them in place w/ a little super glue. The key is to get the belt buckle to unsnap, which it does fairly easily, then you can pull down the costume to get to the area you want to work on. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but my camera is dead. Here's some rough before & after comparison shots:
hips3.jpg
hips4.jpg
hips2.jpg

:yess:

Looks nice man! If DC would fix those #$%^ biceps and hips, these would be kickass figures.

Thanks, JediKnight, EdwardNygma1. I'll probably do that Bicep Mod for all my DCDs since it is so easy and removable.

I thought about doing a similar mod in the past, except I thought about sanding down both the top and bottom halves but that would completely ruin the look of the biceps. However with the wrap around it, it may not be as noticeable. I just never had the courage to hack up the figure that much in case it didn't work out right.

Looks nice man! If DC would fix those #$%^ biceps and hips, these would be kickass figures.

Thanks Jedi...the hips sticking out really bothered me....it turns out it was a pretty easy mod to do. The trick is to build out the area from the bottom of the ribs to just below the gap at the legs/ hips to get a nice even look. Wrap the cotton around from front to back as well. Between the cotton being thin & soft and the costume being tight & pressing down on the area it should look pretty seamless and a lot more natural.

hips_5.jpg

Some new pics w/ the hips fixed. With a little work it looks much better.

kcs1.jpg
kcs3.jpg

kcs2.jpg

You can see the difference w/ the hips in this side by side shot:
kc1-horz.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work! Padding him out makes a big difference.

DCD's body is just awful... I'd love to see someone completely remove the cut joints. If DCD would just use joints like the Legends figures, where the rotation doesn't hinder the look, they would solve 1 of the major problems.

0776.jpg

Then make them shorter and they'd have a lot of my money.

Back