DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Well DCC has come out with another AA/AC statue, this one being the lovely plant goddess of crime herself...Poison Ivy.

10392321_10152596144319258_4036669809869511085_n.jpg

Damn, when I saw you say "DCC is coming out with..." and saw the logo I thought it was a new reveal. At this rate SDCC seems like the place they'll reveal something.

I don't see the appeal in the DCC statues. They're only as tall as the figures, they're really expensive, and don't offer much more detail than the figures in most cases. And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they even made of the usual figure plastic and not something of a higher quality?

I'm not upset, gives me extra time to prepare dropping nearly half a grand on a console for one game.

And to be honest, I wasn't ready for it to all end just yet. Plus I'd rather it be delayed and done perfectly than released too soon like Origins was.

On the figure side of things that means we have a few extra months to put out more Asylum, City, and Origins figures.

The delay wasn't unexpected, but sucks nonetheless. I'd rather wait a bit longer for a better game though than have them rush to meet a deadline.

Damn, when I saw you say "DCC is coming out with..." and saw the logo I thought it was a new reveal. At this rate SDCC seems like the place they'll reveal something.

I don't see the appeal in the DCC statues. They're only as tall as the figures, they're really expensive, and don't offer much more detail than the figures in most cases. And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they even made of the usual figure plastic and not something of a higher quality?

The statues have a lot more detail when you see them in person, and are not made of plastic. I got the Joker and Harley Quinn to start and now I'm hooked.

ArkhamStatues.jpg

The statues have a lot more detail when you see them in person, and are not made of plastic. I got the Joker and Harley Quinn to start and now I'm hooked.

View attachment 113028

Yeah, these are statues and I'm really digging them. I have Bats, Joker, Harley, and Catwoman out of the bunch pictured. Mr. Freeze looks all kinds of AWESOME and is the next one I have on the way. I'll be passing on Ivy. Not liking her face at all. I hope Two-Face is next. I'd also like DCC to touch into the Arkham Origins line. I love the AO Deathstroke costume and it is beyond ridiculous that DCC hasn't released even one Deathstroke statue. I also like the AO Bane more than the AA/AC Bane. The AA/AC Bane just looks too monstrous for my tastes. The AO Bane looks like a bad ass Merc and I'd definetly love to see a statue of that version of him.

Gents whats the difference between the two 2face figures? (City & Legacy i believe?). I picked up my City 1 today and he has somewhat of a lean to him. Is that normal?

Gents whats the difference between the two 2face figures? (City & Legacy i believe?). I picked up my City 1 today and he has somewhat of a lean to him. Is that normal?

Hi Bigtrain,

Yeah there are two Arkham Two Face figures, one made by Mattel and one made by DCC. You have the DCC version, and it is normal for that figure to have the lean/raised shoulder. They're all like that. Just a design choice I guess. I'd prefer it without personally, but I don't mind it. Adds a little extra to the figure!

Overall I think the DCC version is better anyway. The scarred side is a lot brighter and detailed, plus he has a gun and non-perma-attatched coin.

Here's a couple of pics to show them side by side:

Cheers SFA, i see what you mean. By the looks of that i made the right choice, he appears a lot more visually pleasing. Cheers mate.

I think I'm done collecting this line. I cancelled my PO for Two-face, rabbit hole bats, and clayface. I may still grab Clayface down the line if I can grab it for a good price. Thats if I don't decide to sell off every figure first. Just too many other things I would rather have. We'll see.

What do you all think a complete set of AA and AC figures would go for?

I think I'm done collecting this line. I cancelled my PO for Two-face, rabbit hole bats, and clayface. I may still grab Clayface down the line if I can grab it for a good price. Thats if I don't decide to sell off every figure first. Just too many other things I would rather have. We'll see.

What do you all think a complete set of AA and AC figures would go for?
If you have all 39 Asylum and City figures previous to Two-Face I'd say 800 to 1000.

800 would be the lowest value and be selling at a loss, 1000 is more what the collection is worth but it's definitely worth an extra 200 due to the rarer figures. If you paid retail prices for the figures you spent roughly 950 on the whole collection, so keep that in mind

SDCC Battle Damaged Batman, SDCC Sickened Joker, Asylum Series 2 Bane, Zsasz, and the obvious like Grundy, Titan Joker, etc. are all worth between 50-100 based on current prices.

Parting them out might get you more money, might not. It's just people expect somewhat of a deal when buying an entire collection, and since you're selling it because your interests are elsewhere you want to get the most you can.

Hope I was able to help out some.

Thanks!! I'm still on the fence. You never know. The right price/offer could woo me. All figures are still MIP. I know my kids would be mad at me. :lol

I can't wait until DCC makes an AK version of Scarecrow, I mean tell me you wouldn't want this among your collection:
5_zpsf94372cb.jpg
6_zps79ed57b1.jpg

As a new collector of this series, whats the general consensus of you fellas as to what makes a more pleasing collection.
Do you go for the definitive version of a character (Bane, Croc, Deadshot etc) or pure completion, all versions of all characters?

Generally I go for all the versions of the character if I can, though there are some I don't bother with. The Infected Joker exclusive figure for example, I really don't care to add to my collection. Though to answer your question, I would say collect the figures you can and try to group the versions you like the best together to make a more impressive display. I mixed and matched figures from all three, for the moment, Arkham lines to create an Arkham version of the 90's Animated Series cast.

I generally like Scarecrow's design, not sold on the face yet though. I wish he'd put the hat on for a brief time in the game. I'd love to see a silhouette of that Scarecrow design wearing the classic hat.

I prefer the old Asylum one, mostly the mask but this is good, and will make a great figure.

Still hate what they did to Gordon, they threw out what he looked in the first two games and went with an Origins look. Doesn't make sense...

When it comes to the figures I'm a completest, so I buy everything, but if I only had to have 1 version of each character I'd favour Asylum and City over Origins. Asylum and City didn't have many changes in design.

Back