DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Except “homophobia” refers to a prejudice like sexism and racism, not merely an irrational fear like arachnophobia.

But sure - 'phobia' does literally mean fear, but in this context it really doesn't.

Okay then - the context was 'I'm tired of Joker because he's a) attention seeking and b ) gay'.

The point I'm making remains the same.

Notice I said "Not necessarily, though that would be an element of it..." as included in...or part of etc...
And no it does not help your point, as again youre misquoting to try and bend it in your favor

but keep going, im here for at least another 7 hours so I have a lot of down time

Sw0wwNF.gif

Gay gay gay.

you started this... its all your fault! you made me this monster

:lol It's really the Joker's fault. When I thought of that quote I was thinking it in his mannerisms. It's like he poisoned my mind with chaos and stuff.

I like the Joker. I just think it would be nice to not have him show up and become a focal point again. They can tell a good story without him. Plus, I like how he went out. Besides, Harley is still around and likely to be a similar pain in the neck anyways.

I hope that's clean enough. :wink1:

"Don't tell me you're gonna fall asleep before we finish"

:lol It's really the Joker's fault. When I thought of that quote I was thinking it in his mannerisms. It's like he poisoned my mind with chaos and stuff.

I like the Joker. I just think it would be nice to not have him show up and become a focal point again. They can tell a good story without him. Plus, I like how he went out. Besides, Harley is still around and likely to be a similar pain in the neck anyways.

I hope that's clean enough. :wink1:

100% agree

You didn't have to use that gay wink though.

Playing AC for the first time since 2011, man I forgot how great this game is. Easily top 5 best games to come out of last gen.

Nah - essentially he's saying that part of the reason he's tired of Joker is because he's gay. Definite implications of homosexuality itself being a negative in his comment.

Wrong, that's not what he said, he didn't say "Joker is gay" as in "lame", nor he implied anything negative related to that, at all.

He used quotation marks as if to quote the Joker saying "I'm gay for Batman".... That is not homophobic.

The whole argument spawned by this is stupid.

Notice I said "Not necessarily, though that would be an element of it..." as included in...or part of etc...
And no it does not help your point, as again youre misquoting to try and bend it in your favor

but keep going, im here for at least another 7 hours so I have a lot of down time
But it isn't an element of it at all.

I'm not misquoting, I'm paraphrasing to illustrate the point.

Wrong, that's not what he said, he didn't say "Joker is gay" as in "lame", nor he implied anything negative related to that, at all.
No, he didn't use gay to mean 'lame', I realise that - but he said that he was tired of Joker, and cited him being gay as a reason why he's tired of him.

He used quotation marks as if to quote the Joker saying "I'm gay for Batman".... That is not homophobic.
Again, I understand his original post and I know how quotation marks work. It IS homophobic when it's being cited as a reason why he's tired of him. You see?

Not true, the statement retains the possibility he could have zero issue with Joker being gay for someone else, or in general, just not Batman, because he's tired of him constantly taking up Batman's attention. The statement itself does not imply homophobia per se in a generalised way.

Its your choice to interpret it in the worst way possible, which others including myself saw no reason to do so.

Well here's some non-potentially homophobic or not news, they just announced there are gonna be Arkham Knight figures at SDCC. So far it is a Mattel Batman and Batmobile two pack. But hey, better than nothing and we still might get some DCC AK figures.
Mattel-SDCC-batman-arkham-knight-batmobile-28f48.jpg

@Silrian :exactly:

No, he didn't use gay to mean 'lame', I realise that - but he said that he was tired of Joker, and cited him being gay as a reason why he's tired of him.
Sigh, no he did not, his whole comment has NOTHING to do with the word gay, you're twisting his words on purpose, he said that he was tired of the Joker hijacking the story always craving attention from Batman, why does he crave attention? Because he is gay from Batman, being gay means he loves another man, and it's been already established by decades of lore that the Joker DOES love Batman in a twisted way.

Dear lord.

Again, I understand his original post and I know how quotation marks work. It IS homophobic when it's being cited as a reason why he's tired of him. You see?

No, I don't see it, there's nothing to see, because he did not say he's tired of the Joker for being gay.

:thud:

Well here's some non-potentially homophobic or not news, they just announced there are gonna be Arkham Knight figures at SDCC. So far it is a Mattel Batman and Batmobile two pack. But hey, better than nothing and we still might get some DCC AK figures.
View attachment 110417

Pretty meh exclusive. I'd just wait for DCC's version.

Back