DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

I can't wait until DCC makes an AK version of Scarecrow, I mean tell me you wouldn't want this among your collection
Here here! I was already fond of AA Scarecrow, but throwing a shirt over him and adding a more realistic aesthetic akin to Origins actually caters to my preference a lot more.

As a new collector of this series, whats the general consensus of you fellas as to what makes a more pleasing collection.
Do you go for the definitive version of a character (Bane, Croc, Deadshot etc) or pure completion, all versions of all characters?

Depends on what you want really. Some here collect everything and group them according to their respective games. Some just mix and match based on which characters they want to create a collective whole.

Personally I just buy what I want, specifically my most preferred versions of the characters, game continuity be damned. Admittedly AO fit most of my personal preference in terms of aesthetics so I picked up all of the released figures so far and intend to continue doing so should they release more. Nothing against the first two games but I do prefer AO's more grounded look compared to the hyper-realistic style of AA and AC. The first two games are great but most of the designs weren't something I'd want as figures really (folks, please don't shoot me).

Admittedly, I'm definitely keen for an AK Scarecrow and Two-Face, especially since AK seems to meld the hyper-realism of AA/AC with the grounded look and realistic detailing of AO.

Does anybody want to part ways with their Asylum Titan Joker or their city Killer croc? Pm me plz srs

Got pictures of my finished AO Joker goons:

9pnso.jpg

yrnyw.jpg

5nnq5.jpg

0ch6d.jpg

a7uw.jpg

ivkc.jpg

mtvv.jpg

p1nl.jpg

7smh.jpg

Love the hatter clock. Where did you get it?

Love the hatter clock. Where did you get it?
It comes with the Batman! :) Hatter looks a lot better with it, gives the funky arm poses something to do.

Here are some more pictures. Also this figure is a ***** to stand up, so I didn't change the pose, sorry! Normally the cape is on level with the feet but either on my copy or this release the cape is moulded in a way where it sits higher, and just weights the figure down in the back. A real shame honestly, this is my second favourite Batman after Asylum Series 1.

14237466619_a675758b5c_c.jpg

14420925251_c87ffc9eff_c.jpg

14420954811_6f0857b27d_z.jpg

14237791378_3d3b8b8992_c.jpg

Sadly most of the full figures shots came out bad, I'll reshoot some tomorrow. I'll also post some more too.

You can see most if not all the detail in this picture though, even the cool mud paint on the cape.

14237853030_48acc8b4fd_b.jpg

Its too bad they cheaped out and only painted on the battle damage. I'd almost preferred them to leave it off if they were going to be that lazy. Considering this is only the 42nd time they've reused that same Batman body, surely they had enough in the budget to use new battle damaged parts. Instead we got a new head and a clock. :rolleyes:

Another 4 pack coming. All rehash origins figures :(
Comes with joker, black mask, deathstroke and batman. Bats comes with a newly sculpted hand and bat claw. Would post pics but don't know how too.

Another 4 pack coming. All rehash origins figures :(
Comes with joker, black mask, deathstroke and batman. Bats comes with a newly sculpted hand and bat claw. Would post pics but don't know how too.

DCC11826.jpg

Just saw that, kind of annoyed that I'd have to rebuy all 4 just to get the gun accessory.

They could have at least sculpted a Sionis head, an open hand and gun for Joker. There isnt much they can change paint apps wise, and the open hand and remote claw for Batman isnt enough... Sigh.

I'm worried the Arkham line is at a point where things like this are what we have in store until Arkham Knight.

DCC should just make a new line with the three previous games under one banner. We can get mixed waves of new City and Origins figures, and if they decide to make more Asylum stuff. I know TAS/TNA are going to be the new golden child for DCC but there is still a market for Arkham figures. They're some of Diamond's best sellers.

Yeah they still have two assassins left also!! Plus I would love calendar man.

View attachment 115203

Just saw that, kind of annoyed that I'd have to rebuy all 4 just to get the gun accessory.

That's really weak. Especially since I already have an extra Joker and Black Mask that I did head swaps on. They could at least to THAT much :lol

If Black Mask doesn't have flesh around his eyes, it will be an improvement at least. Hopefully the suit won't have sloppy stripes either.

Nice! Hatter looks great with the clock accessory. Looking forward to adding that to my Hatter figure. :D

As for the new 4 pack - pretty much agree with the sentiments of everyone else here.... So frustrating that they added a new accessory and hand sculpt to that Batman figure. The completest in me really wants the accessory but can I justify buying a 4 pack of re-releases just for that? Right now I'm not sure, but time will tell I suppose. If the Batman figure has a slightly different paint deco (more of a contrasting black like the recent Neca 1/4 figure rather than the brownish-grey DCC used) then I may me more tempted.

What's worse is that the upcoming 3-pack with Copperhead has Deathstroke and Joker in it too. Granted, they're a bit more 'variant', but that's still the same characters again for the 4 pack.

Oh well - it's still a great deal for anyone that missed out on the first wave!

I can only hope we get a real third wave of Origins during SDCC this year, as the constant 'variant' packs are getting out of control. While I do find this Copperhead pack useful, the others are downright irritating. I'm gonna buy them, but more than likely give the extras to a friend of mine.

Yeah, I'm done with this line. I passed on the newly released Two Face and now the Rabbit Hole Batman. I just saw it at my LCS and the painted on battle damage is lame.

Maybe AK will change my outlook on this line, but either way, I'm done.

I just wish they would finish the handful of characters remaining to be made before doing the revision waves. I want a shiva, electric guy (forgot his name) and calendar man! Anyone I missed?

Yet to be Made: Electrocutioner, Shiva, Bird, Branden, Calendar Man, Enigma, Loeb, Alfred, Barbra, Gordon.
Possible AO Variants: Penguin, TN-1 Bane, Maskless BM, Swat members, various gangsters
, etc.

Back