DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

They already said they're working with DC to develop a villain especially for Arkham Knight.

It'd certainly be nice for the Arkham series to have its own new villain. So far it's comprised of references and influences from loads of Batman history, so it'd be nice for it to create a new villain which people can look at and think 'Ah, that guy from the Arkham series' in the same way people recognise Bane from Knightfall. We haven't really had an iconic new Batman villain since Harley, it'd be nice to get a new one.

It'd certainly be nice for the Arkham series to have its own new villain. So far it's comprised of references and influences from loads of Batman history, so it'd be nice for it to create a new villain which people can look at and think 'Ah, that guy from the Arkham series' in the same way people recognise Bane from Knightfall. We haven't really had an iconic new Batman villain since Harley, it'd be nice to get a new one.

I agree with you 100%!!!! These series of games have put their stigma on the batman mythos, and it would be only logical that they spawned one iconic villain!!!
Plus this new game seems like its going back to its roots in some ways, for example the harley quinn outfit is very reminiscent of her AA one, and i dont think that its a coincidence that they haven't changed two face's appearence, it is like having an AC part in this new game. Finally i dont know if you have noticed but Batman's new suit kind of resembles his armored look, especially the chest plates and his boots!

According the info in GameInformer he starts out in the AC suit but then switches to the new one. Guess it's an all out war on the streets of Gotham!

I hope they don't leak too much info in the build up. This is the game that will make me get a PS4. Also glad to hear there will be follow ups to Arkham Origins.

There will be follow ups to origins? Now I'm really excited!!!!

Why does the Batman: Arkham City Clayface Deluxe action figure have icicles on his back and why is he so muscular in his upper body. He looks nothing like the game.

We made some choices that may not have resonated with everyone on this massive figure.

The ice damage was for two reasons: it reflects how he is defeated in the game and it was our attempt to give this figure a little more visual interest (otherwise, we’re talking about what amounts to a gigantic plain brown lump of a figure). It’s also why he has the semi-morphing Joker head, along with the Clayface head that fits over it and other cool features.

That leads me to the second half of the question. We tried to accomplish more of a structure in Clayface’s torso, again to try to not produce what we felt would be a big, giant soft-looking figure. While it’s cool in the game, we weren’t sure it would work as a figure. If you look at the reference there is some evidence of an underlying musculature, but we may have taken it to the extreme.

That being said, it’s a mighty impressive piece to add to any collection!

clayface_1_580_531684ee57e2c8.32248524.jpg

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/03/05/dc-collectibles-question-roundup-you-ask-we-answer

Does anyone know if DC Collectibles ever made an Harley Quinn from Harley Quinn's Revenge?

tumblr_m5gwx5Mgxl1qbemuko1_1280.jpg

Thats the problem with the CF figure, it looks nothing like the game. He looked like a blob with no definition in the game, so why not mimic that? Oh well, I want this to stand next to my Grundy.

ba4yhe6u.jpg

Got deathstroke today. My first from the series that wasn't a gift, and my 2nd articulated. Articulation was better than I expected but his bicep swivel is really loose. Think it's about to break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, also nice use of the Origins statue in the display. Reckon that Joker would be easyish to remove?

ba4yhe6u.jpg

Got deathstroke today. My first from the series that wasn't a gift, and my 2nd articulated. Articulation was better than I expected but his bicep swivel is really loose. Think it's about to break

Same for mine, I just got mine today and all the articulation was kindof stuck from being in the cold for so long but the bicep swivel was really loose. Also the sword was really bent up. But im sticking it between 2 textbooks to get it straightened out.

DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Nice, also nice use of the Origins statue in the display. Reckon that Joker would be easyish to remove?

Thanks and not sure. I wouldn't remove him anyway. If I do decide to collect this line, prob won't display them with this statue. It awkwardly takes up a lot of space lol

Same for mine, I just got mine today and all the articulation was kindof stuck from being in the cold for so long but the bicep swivel was really loose. Also the sword was really bent up. But im sticking it between 2 textbooks to get it straightened out.

Yea, all the joints are really tight/stuck. But the one biceps is mad loose. Try heating the sword up with hot water or a blow dryer. Would work faster.

I guess its safe to say that the arkham line will continue and also bring with it new characters and figures from the Arkham Knight game!
So this got me thinking, besides all the normal characters that we'll be getting, do you think we have any chance of getting a scale appropriate batmobile to go with the batman of the AK?
So far Rocksteady has been promoting heavily the new batmobile and they make it look like a character of the game...so i think that chances are high!!!!
And come on guys...who wouldn't want this in his arkham collection:

batman-arkham-knight-batmobile-trailer.jpg

Given the strength and popularity of the Arkham line, I wouldn't be surprised if we got this released.

I was thinking that myself, but I'd die for a Batwing from AO, It's just such a cool design.

DCD has never made a vehicle so the chances are still very, very slim. And don't count on HT either since we've been waiting over a year since near-finished prototype Joker pics were shown off and we still have yet to see anything and that was after a year or two preview before that. The world will likely look like Batman Beyond by the time they ever release the figures.

Picked up Arkham Origins series 2 set of 5 today at my LCS. Gotta love this all villian set and the price tag for Killer Croc.

Back