DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Anyone know if there's any difference between the series 1 joker and the re release? And anybody got any loose figs for sale? Think I wanna collect some of the major characters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technically speaking there should be no differences between the two. But I have bought the re-realease and the quality control & paint apps on the face are horrible. One leg is bent to the point it can't stand, although fixable it is annoying. And the paint applications on this face look pasty. If you have a chance pick up the original. I know some re-realeases are pretty good but unless you're buying in store don't take the chance.

Last edited:

Technically speaking there should be no differences between the too. But I have bought the re-realease and the quality control & paint apps on the face are horrible. One leg is bent to the point it can't stand, although fixable it is annoying. And the paint applications on this face look pasty. If you have a chance pick up the original. I know some re-realeases are pretty good but unless you're buying in store don't take the chance.

Wow, thanks a lot. Why couldn't they just keep the same quality throughout the series. But the sculpt is the same on the re release?

Sad to here that they didn't survive, but nonetheless you still have a damn impressive collection.
:clap
Yeah, that sucks about your Diorama's. You have a really impressive collection. Nice doubles as well. I'm just missing a few myself.

I'll take a picture of mine soon.

A few more parts and then my GCPD SWAT customs can get started. I can't wait.

Thanks guys! :D
Yeah I think the collection still looks good without the diorama so I'm not too sad about it.

Wow, thanks a lot. Why couldn't they just keep the same quality throughout the series. But the sculpt is the same on the re release?

Yeah it's the exact same sculpt, but as teojlujan said, go for the original if you can get hold of it.

Technically speaking there should be no differences between the too. But I have bought the re-realease and the quality control & paint apps on the face are horrible. One leg is bent to the point it can't stand, although fixable it is annoying. And the paint applications on this face look pasty. If you have a chance pick up the original. I know some re-realeases are pretty good but unless you're buying in store don't take the chance.
I'd disagree - I much prefer the rereleased Joker. The original had a muckiness to the face which, whilst more 'realistic', made the sculpt look not quite like AA Joker. The rerelease has a cleaner white paint which helps it look closer to AA Joker (though still not perfect - the sculpt itself isn't quite right. It's good, but not screen accurate - kind of like how Clayface is).

Yeah, I got the rerelease as well. And the face paint is much nicer.

Yah the original release was very dark around the eyes I found, but I have the same issue with the bent leg on my re release, although i can stand him fairly well i just have to stagger his feet.

And that is awful to hear about your dioramas sfa. I really admired those. When I finish school this year I intend to get started on a batcave diorama

Well...just received my Titan Joker figure and man. oh man, this thing is a beast of a figure.

Maybe y'all got the good ones. The face paint on mine looks like it's chipped, some parts are whiter and some aren't very white at all

I'm happy with my re-release Joker, the white on the face might look 10% worse under a camera flash but it's fine for me.

I wasn't planning on getting the really big guys, but it's still disappointing that he's so inaccurate. A lumpier torso and big melting-looking jaw would go a long way.

That's the first thing I plan to fix. Throw some apoxie sculpt on his torso to look lumpier like the rest of him and repaint. Not sure how to fix the head though.

Just got Black Mask today. He's a bit tricky to stand but that mask in unbelievable. I don't have any real qualms with the suit but I do wish he could have had some kind of ball joint to his shoulders.

I got Ra's finally too with him. I just kinda threw him in to get the free shipping but am amazed how much I like him. I love the character but wasn't crazy about his Arkham design, but he is one really solid figure.

I got Ra's for xmas and he took me by surprise too. He has a lot more useful articulation than I expected, better than most of the line, and he just looks really great out of the box.

Took advantage of $13 Joker Thugs, so I bought 2 more. I think I'll get the heads casted for the WWE baf/non-baf suit bodies to have some Joker goons in suits. Maybe change up the hair and then repaint the suits.The tall grey suit is for a Bruce Wayne, having the infected AC Batman head casted and painted.

If I can find some basic WWE Ricardo Rodriquez then all I need are some casts of AO Black Mask, tweak them alittle and instant Black Mask Goons.

nd4q6s.jpg

Has anyone posted the new wave from Play Arts Kai? Batman and Deathstroke from Origins. DS looks awesome, canned the DC Direct preorder and gonna go for this guy, he'll have more articulation.

Death stroke looks awesome. Batmans head sculpt is horrendous.

Yea, batman looks like a fat gargoyle. I may get that DS as my first play arts fig doe

Back