DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Has anyone posted the new wave from Play Arts Kai? Batman and Deathstroke from Origins. DS looks awesome, canned the DC Direct preorder and gonna go for this guy, he'll have more articulation.

I really love the Arkham Deathstroke design. I'd kill for a 1/4 scale Deathstroke statue based off that design or even a classic Deathstroke for that matter.

Wow...that Batman's head sculpt and general color pallet...ouch. Deathstroke looks great but I'll stick to the DCC version.

Death Stoke is feckin' awesome looking! Def be a purchase, loved most of the AA/AC PAK Line.

Is it me or is the Play Arts Kai Batman figure have absolutely no accessories and Deathstroke seemingly has three from what I can see?

Wow...that Batman's head sculpt and general color pallet...ouch. Deathstroke looks great but I'll stick to the DCC version.

Is it me or is the Play Arts Kai Batman figure have absolutely no accessories and Deathstroke seemingly has three from what I can see?

Batman is an unpainted, unfinished prototype on display.

Batman is an unpainted, unfinished prototype on display.

Not at all to be mean but I kinda chuckle a bit at people who didn't recognise that.:lol Guess it kinda speaks to how greyish Origins Batman's design looks. I hope PAK nails the shiny/metallic finish of his armour, something sorely lacking in the DCC one for me.

Is the fact that only DS is painted a signal that his release date is earlier? I hope so.

Not at all to be mean but I kinda chuckle a bit at people who didn't recognise that.:lol Guess it kinda speaks to how greyish Origins Batman's design looks. I hope PAK nails the shiny/metallic finish of his armour, something sorely lacking in the DCC one for me.

Is the fact that only DS is painted a signal that his release date is earlier? I hope so.
I'm right there with you :lol

That could be with DS, but maybe they'll both be released at the same time like the Arkham City releases paired with two at a time

So...I don't know if this has been posted in this forum yet, but here is a video behind the scenes of the making of DCC'S Clayface figure at least the first part

So yeah...thoughts on how the figure looked at this stage?

So...I don't know if this has been posted in this forum yet, but here is a video behind the scenes of the making of DCC'S Clayface figure at least the first part

So yeah...thoughts on how the figure looked at this stage?

I saw this last Wednesday, another one should be getting posted later today on their Channel.

It looks a lot more like what everyone wanted, but if you notice it says it's then sent to the client for approval and chances. So I don't blame the sculptor, he did an good initial sculpt, but DC Direct wanted him to change it.

Also if you notice the reference picture isn't even from the game, concept art or something, but not actually from the game...

I can't really be upset or disappointed with it because I still really like it and and really anticipating it. I found the July release date to be very soon considering how he was just shown. Since he's coming out in June I HIGHLY doubt we'll see any changes in the figure. I was hoping he'd come out later in the year since we have Origins Series 2 in March, Two-Face in April, Mad Hatter Batman in May, June we get a rest, then July Clayface and the SDCC Exculsive if there is one. If not it'll either be NYCC in the fall or none at all. Makes me wonder what else DC Direct is going to do for this year considering they only have releases for the first half of the year planned. I don't know about you guys, but I think this is going to be a fairly heavy year for Arkham releases.

Got some finished pictures of my custom GCDP SWAT Branden:
1zry.jpg

hzcj.jpg

svlv.jpg

8ci9.jpg

ktuq.jpg

Well here's part 2 of the Clay to Clayface series of videos and this one focuses on the head sculpt...so yeah comment below and stuff.

Well since the forum has been quiet for few days, I'll pose this question to get people talking. What AO figures do you think will be comic on exclusives?

Perhaps they'll do something restrictive like they did with strange and make the exclusive Gordon. Or a variant of Bane?

I hope not. Being rather selfish but as someone who lives outside the US it is nigh on impossible to get a con exclusive figure. Chances are unless I am prepared to Grundy level prices for it I will not get him. I would sooner a con exclusive is a variant or a figure with an diaorama/accessory.

Back