DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles - Batman: Arkham figure series (Origins,Asylum,City)

Well it's down to taste I guess, but why produce a figure that doesn't look like in the game? There are other lines for that, it could look better or worse for some one, but it's not accurate, just my 2 cents, good thing I'm not a completionist.
To each is their own, I suppose.

Why the hell does he have blue crystals on his back? Did he fail at becoming Freeze? I also don't remember any point where he had his mouth closed, that throws the head sculpt off I think. He also just doesn't look muddy to me, he looks liked clay, clay that's been in the oven for a good while.:lol

I'd never buy it, don't have the room, but I definitely wouldn't pay this price for this level of likeness... At least the other deluxe ones were all spot on.

EDIT: strike that, forgot you had to use freeze bombs on him in the game, hence the effect.
He should come with Ra's sword.

But he didn't look ripped in the game....so why change the look of him? He looked runny.

Well in my mind, because he looks better ripped! He looks more imposing, more threatening and stronger. I realise Clayface isn't presented as a powerhouse like Grundy or Bane, but giving him definition in his humanoid form makes sense to me. If he had of been sculpted to look like he was reforming from a puddle on the floor or something, I would have been against it.

All my opinion though, I get that game accuracy is more important to some people than it is to me. All I really care about is getting BEAST figures of classic Batman villains, and Clayface definitely ticks this box for me!

Can't wait to have him standing with my Bane, KC, Solomon Grundy and Titan Joker!

You can just give Batman Ra's sword so that's okay. It looks like his comes with three heads, two clayface heads and one joker head.

It was Talia's sword, not Ra's. I don't need the sword to be included because Talia really didn't use the sword in the game besides stabbing Clayface Joker or presenting to to Clayface Joker as her surrender. So I wouldn't miss her holding it.

I would hope they put a slot in his left shoulder/back area so you can stick the sword from Talia in there, which is where it was inbetween the sword fighting sequences. But I'm not expecting something like that from DCD.

Also, I'm pretty sure he has two heads, Joker head, and one Clayface head with a hinged jaw. I don't think he has two Clayface heads, but I could be wrong. I wish he had this as an alternate head.
batman5.jpg

Wouldn't be accurate since he's in his full body form, but neither is the Joker head, but I think that would have been sweet.

Also, none of the City Batmans have a hand suitable for holding the sword. So only a new one would be able to hold Talia's sword unfortunately.

Last edited:

Why the hell does he have blue crystals on his back? Did he fail at becoming Freeze? I also don't remember any point where he had his mouth closed, that throws the head sculpt off I think. He also just doesn't look muddy to me, he looks liked clay, clay that's been in the oven for a good while.:lol

I'd never buy it, don't have the room, but I definitely wouldn't pay this price for this level of likeness... At least the other deluxe ones were all spot on.

EDIT: strike that, forgot you had to use freeze bombs on him in the game, hence the effect.
He should come with Ra's sword.

:exactly: I get that some people like this redesign, but why put that redesign in a line that is supposed to give us representations of a particular design? It's dumb, just take what's on screen and make it plastic.

And a ripped Clayface is just retarded to begin with, it's supposed to look like his original form, muscle tone makes absolutely no sense.

Like many people on this site have mentioned, I think this Clayface might actually be the promotional figure and not the final result. There is a strong possibility that DCC might make changes to the final product, after all they've done it before.

Take the Arkham City series 2 Detective Mode Batman figure, the promotional picture of the entire line had the figure depicted as having two open hands with the REC being held in the left one. Whereas the final product had that hand closed into a tight fist and the other barely capable of holding the accessory.
Here's the Promotional Picture:
batman-arkham-city-series-02-action-figure-batman-detective-mode.jpg

And here's the final result:
arkcity02detectivemodeb.jpg

The also could be said for the upcoming Arkham City Two-Face figure...the quick photo released on Facebook had different points of articulation/ joint cuts that differ from the promotional image on all the websites.
Original FB Picture:
Batman-Arkham-City-Two-Face-Preview.jpg

And here's the official picture:
1013_dcc_2face.jpg

Good point, :slap I completely ignored they still have a lot of time to change it, doofus me, they'll probably make a few changes.

yesss, can't wait

I don't see them doing a complete rehaul though. A few changes like hands or articulation joints is one thing, changing the entire sculpt is another thing entirely.

Man, can't wait for the whole wave 2 of Origins. Then really can't wait for AC Two-Face.

If there's any other figure they should make it's Calendar Man, Gordon, Alfred.

I would love to get the TYGER guards, and the various goons like Harley's, Penguin's, Two-Face's.

Maybe an updated Zsasz but in his AC costume, pants instead of shorts.

I have to agree with the majority here, the DCC Clayface figure is definitely not quite right. It's a shame since we've waited so long for him, and of all sculpts I would've assumed he would have been the easiest to nail the look.

Having said that though, there's no denying it's an awesome figure, and it's still quite clearly the Arkhamverse Clayface, so I'm in no way put off it. I'd even say that in a couple of the promo shots he looks almost game accurate, so there's definitely something there.

No doubt once I get him in hand I'll be more than happy with him, plus the extra head and swappable hand are great features too.

Now if only DCC can give us Calendar Man and Black Mask that would be every villain from the game in figure form.

I don't see them doing a complete rehaul though. A few changes like hands or articulation joints is one thing, changing the entire sculpt is another thing entirely.
Neither do I, I seem them simply tweaking the figure slightly.

I have to agree with the majority here, the DCC Clayface figure is definitely not quite right. It's a shame since we've waited so long for him, and of all sculpts I would've assumed he would have been the easiest to nail the look.

Having said that though, there's no denying it's an awesome figure, and it's still quite clearly the Arkhamverse Clayface, so I'm in no way put off it. I'd even say that in a couple of the promo shots he looks almost game accurate, so there's definitely something there.

No doubt once I get him in hand I'll be more than happy with him, plus the extra head and swappable hand are great features too.

Now if only DCC can give us Calendar Man and Black Mask that would be every villain from the game in figure form.

No, we'd still need Ivy and Zsaz. Victor had pants and boots on this time and I think Ivy's shirt says Arkham City Now instead of Asylum. But as far as just characters go, yeah, Calendar Man is really the only one missing now (Black Mask getting covered in AO).

No, we'd still need Ivy and Zsaz. Victor had pants and boots on this time and I think Ivy's shirt says Arkham City Now instead of Asylum. But as far as just characters go, yeah, Calendar Man is really the only one missing now (Black Mask getting covered in AO).
I think the differences between AC/AA Zsasz and Ivy are negligable. We have adequate versions of them for City displays, whereas Black Mask is radically different, so we'd need a specific AC version of him.

Though I would like to see a Zsasz rerelease, in a more chilled out pose.

so sfa, how goes the new dioramas?

Errrm... well actually, I just recently moved to a new flat and... my dioramas didn't survive the move! :(

I've now got a tall bookcase for my collection. I have City, Asylum and Origins shelves so I can fit all my figures on them. The city one looks alittle packed at the moment, and will do even more once Clayface arrives! but I'm confident he'll fit on. Then hopefully once more waves of Origins figures come out, that shelf will fill up and balance out the overall look a bit more.

I did feel sad saying goodbye to my dioramas, but I do think the bookcase gives my collection a bit more of a mature look.

Plus it gave me more room for the Neca 1/4 Keaton Batman too :D

Errrm... well actually, I just recently moved to a new flat and... my dioramas didn't survive the move! :(

I've now got a tall bookcase for my collection. I have City, Asylum and Origins shelves so I can fit all my figures on them. The city one looks alittle packed at the moment, and will do even more once Clayface arrives! but I'm confident he'll fit on. Then hopefully once more waves of Origins figures come out, that shelf will fill up and balance out the overall look a bit more.

I did feel sad saying goodbye to my dioramas, but I do think the bookcase gives my collection a bit more of a mature look.

Plus it gave me more room for the Neca 1/4 Keaton Batman too :D

Sad to here that they didn't survive, but nonetheless you still have a damn impressive collection.
:clap

Yeah, that sucks about your Diorama's. You have a really impressive collection. Nice doubles as well. I'm just missing a few myself.

I'll take a picture of mine soon.

A few more parts and then my GCPD SWAT customs can get started. I can't wait.

Anyone know if there's any difference between the series 1 joker and the re release? And anybody got any loose figs for sale? Think I wanna collect some of the major characters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back