DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Does seem that a lot of people are unhappy with the price of Freeze (yet they still buy him??? :lol) but speaking personally, the price didn't even come into question.
I've not once thought 'he should have cost the same as a regular figure' or 'no way should he cost the same as Croc', to me it's all about the figure itself - and he is one detailed, awesome looking figure in my eyes!! Definitely my favourite out of the whole line so far. He really stands out on the shelf with the other figures and looks totally badass.

Well, its either buy him at the bad price or don't. He's not going to go down in price anytime soon. He could easily pull a Bane. Oddly he seems to be outselling Croc, which makes zero sense to me. I guess a lot of people just like Freeze as a character better than Croc. Action figure wise, Croc is far better though and much more value for your money. I'm just hoping DCC hears our complaints enough to know they can't keep pulling crap like this and get away with it. They've done it once and that is enough. :gah:

Damn, my LCS sold out. I have been busy. Anyways BBTS is cheaper than they are charging for the deluxe if I put it in my PoL. But before I do so, is there any where else lower than $45 each? Freeze is just to ridiculous for $45 but I don't see the price dropping.

Well, its either buy him at the bad price or don't. He's not going to go down in price anytime soon. He could easily pull a Bane. Oddly he seems to be outselling Croc, which makes zero sense to me. I guess a lot of people just like Freeze as a character better than Croc. Action figure wise, Croc is far better though and much more value for your money. I'm just hoping DCC hears our complaints enough to know they can't keep pulling crap like this and get away with it. They've done it once and that is enough. :gah:

Twice really; hatter and freeze.

But then i dont mind; bane was huge at the same price as ivy which was a really weak figure. So swings and roundabouts to be fair.

Damn, my LCS sold out. I have been busy. Anyways BBTS is cheaper than they are charging for the deluxe if I put it in my PoL. But before I do so, is there any where else lower than $45 each? Freeze is just to ridiculous for $45 but I don't see the price dropping.

They're $40 each at CSC. BBTS always jacks the price back up once things come in stock. And even then their pre-order prices suck usually too.

Red nails 2 has them at 39.99 if your in Toronto. but Jane store usually has low stock.
I think Freeze is selling better cause He's a much deeper character and more classic. while Croc is more of a monster for batman to fight. I agree that he should have come with something more like a frosted glass shield as another option.

They're $40 each at CSC. BBTS always jacks the price back up once things come in stock. And even then their pre-order prices suck usually too.

Red nails 2 has them at 39.99 if your in Toronto. but Jane store usually has low stock.
I think Freeze is selling better cause He's a much deeper character and more classic. while Croc is more of a monster for batman to fight. I agree that he should have come with something more like a frosted glass shield as another option.

Thanks, btw what was the PO price at BBTS? $39.99?

Anyways just ordered both through BBTS since I had some credits there and to add both in my PoL was only $6.25 for shipping. Still beats the price for how much my LCS was charging.

Saw Freeze and Croc at my LCS. Amazing. Wow. I even loved the packaging, especially for this line of figs. Well done, DC.

they should have made the packaging more like the starcraft 2 figures with windows on the sides and I was kinda expecting some frosting effect on the edges of the clear plastic window for freeze.

Full Arkham Asylum villain line-up! :D
AAVillains.jpg

Its hard to imagine that's all of them and we thought that was a TON when AA first came out! :lol AC really stepped things up didn't they!

Yeah, it did indeed - we ended up with almost every major Batman villain!! I was only expecting to see a few more than AA had, not his entire rogues gallery :lol

I'm really curious to see where Arkham 3 takes us. I liked the idea of gang wars in Arkham City. It'd be cool to see that concept elevated a bit, if the game was set in Gotham City. Possibly add some other factions like Black Mask and the Ventriloquist. I really hope we see something, anything, this year. That being said, the lack of announcements kind of has me wondering if Arkham 3 won't be a next gen game.

I'm really curious to see where Arkham 3 takes us. I liked the idea of gang wars in Arkham City. It'd be cool to see that concept elevated a bit, if the game was set in Gotham City. Possibly add some other factions like Black Mask and the Ventriloquist. I really hope we see something, anything, this year. That being said, the lack of announcements kind of has me wondering if Arkham 3 won't be a next gen game.

I think you mean a current-gen game? It's an interesting question considering the 720 has gained a lot of traction lately. I wonder if production has even begun on the third instalment.

Arkham SPPPAAAACCEEEEEEE :panic:

Yeah I have a feeling it'll be next gen too, though I'd prefer not of course!
I'd personally love to see Arkham 3 set in Gotham City plus have the ability to go back to Arkham Island too (with a newly rebuilt asylum) to sort of bring it back full-circle. I love the factions theme too, and it would be definitely great to see that elevated somewhat.
Other ideas I've read are having it set in Gotham, but borrowing from No Man's Land and have Gotham torn apart from an earthquake to give it a broken, dirty, grungy 'Arkhamverse' vibe. That could work too in my eyes.

ANyway, getting waaaay off topic here! lol

I think you mean a current-gen game? It's an interesting question considering the 720 has gained a lot of traction lately. I wonder if production has even begun on the third instalment.

Arkham SPPPAAAACCEEEEEEE :panic:

No, I mean the next gen: Playstation 4, XBOX 720, etc. I'm perfectly content with my PS3, but it seems like that next generation, love it or hate it, is slowly, but surely creeping up on us.

most sequels to popular games have a 2 year cycle, Asylum in 2009 and city in 2011. I don't think we will have a new system before november 2013, which is also probably going to be the date the new game will be released

So worked out a local trade for a AA bane still in the original package, he is going for big money and I want to open him to go with all my other loose figures from this line. Should I open him or look for a loose one, please help me my fellow freaks!!!

Sell the unopened one, use the money to buy an opened one, which gets you a few extra quid left over.

How weird i was just thinking of selling my bane on ebay, man i didn't realize how much he was going for

Back