DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Still never got around to getting Series 2 ... but I have Croc and Freeze on hold at my LCS to pick up this afternoon. I have a feeling Croc and Freeze are going to end up like Bane -- very expensive relatively soon. Glad I am able to get them early.

I still want to get a Riddler, Catwoman and Hush. I'll check to see if the store has any of those this afternoon also. Still not sold on Hatter, though ... and I'll skip the DV Batman.

SnakeDoc

Interesting... Rocksteady Exclusive.

A repaint of the AC Wave 2 Detective Mode Batman in the AC Wave 1 & 3 Batman colors. Comes with Batarang...

4d925eeb.jpg

Is that going to be on sale?

^ I highly doubt it. The label says it's an exclusive for the developers of the game. I can't see any of them wanting to sell theirs.
Looks nice though, but I still prefer the 'over the shoulder' cape look.

THEY'RE HERE. Freeze first, Croc in a bit.
dsc_4250.jpg

dsc_4251.jpg

dsc_4252.jpg

dsc_4253.jpg

dsc_4254.jpg

dsc_4255.jpg

dsc_4256.jpg

dsc_4257.jpg

dsc_4258.jpg

dsc_4259.jpg

Freeze also comes with a base. Overall he's definitely one of the better figures of the line. His paint is a tad dark, and the visor piece feels quite cheap (but needs to be bendy to wedge it in), but the overall look is great. Leg articulation is good, with ankle and thigh swivel joints and obviously a knee joint too. Arm articulation isn't quite as good, with only an elbow joint and the ball jointed shoulders. The lack of wrist articulation is especially annoying because he's holding a gun, so some cool poses would've been possible with that. The neck is a ball joint as well. But yeah, I like him a lot, though it's not justified that he's a deluxe, I'm still happy I got him because he's one of my favourite characters from Arkham City, and his figure version doesn't disappoint.

Glad Freeze came out good. Freeze is probably the figure I've been most looking forward to from this line. Croc is likely a close second. Then probably Unmasked Batman, Robin, Ras, Penguin.

Still hoping to get a solid Wave 4 -- Two Face, Nightwing, Strange, Talia and Damaged Batman. Also, another Deluxe wave with Clayface and Grundy.

That'd still leave a few undone -- Deadshot, Calendar, Black Mask, Gordon, Wayne, Alfred, Twins, Cash -- but nobody completely essential.

SnakeDoc

Freeze is pretty mediocre for $40. Suits way too dark, skins a bit too blue as well.

CROC TIME.

dsc_4260.jpg

dsc_4261.jpg

dsc_4262.jpg

dsc_4264.jpg

dsc_4265.jpg

dsc_4266.jpg

No base for Croc, but that would look silly on such a big figure anyway. This figure is just excellent - I'm not even a big fan of the character, but this is still one of my favourite figures of the line now. The size, sculpt, paint, articulation are all top-notch, and he's also very weighty. Leg articulation is pretty basic, but he has ball-joint ankles to enable some decent poses. The arms are great on that front - ball jointed shoulders as well as a bicep twist joint (quite surprising given the size of the figure) and ball jointed wrists. One fist and one open hand also increases playability/poseability, with a hand for every situation. :D He also has waist and jaw movement. Paint is fantastic, sculpt is fantastic, I literally have no criticisms about this figure at all. It's completely worth the money, even if you don't really like the character, and it also fills the gaping Croc-shaped hole in any Arkham Asylum collection.

If we get a Bane like this, I'll be a very happy guy.

Awesome pics!! They look great :D I love the final pic too with Croc stomping Freeze haha!

I am getting Croc and Freeze as soon as the comic store opens, 3 hours and counting!!! :impatient::impatient::impatient::impatient:

Love how good Freeze and Croc came out! great pictures too guys :clap

Still never got around to getting Series 2 ... but I have Croc and Freeze on hold at my LCS to pick up this afternoon. I have a feeling Croc and Freeze are going to end up like Bane -- very expensive relatively soon. Glad I am able to get them early.

I still want to get a Riddler, Catwoman and Hush. I'll check to see if the store has any of those this afternoon also. Still not sold on Hatter, though ... and I'll skip the DV Batman.

SnakeDoc

Where in Texas are you located SnakeDoc? just curious if your LCS may be Lone Star Comics? if so and they have them in, I wonder why they haven't called me about them?? :impatient:

Last edited:

Houston. I usually use Bedrock City, but they only got a couple in and couldn't hold them for me. Using "Pop Culture Comics" on I10 and BW8 this time.

SnakeDoc

Houston. I usually use Bedrock City, but they only got a couple in and couldn't hold them for me. Using "Pop Culture Comics" on I10 and BW8 this time.

SnakeDoc

oh ok. I'm in Dallas and we don't have either of those stores to my knowledge at least :(

Well I have to got to Lone Star Comics today to pic up my subs so if they have them in I'll pick them up then I guess and ask why I wasn't notified

Seriously loving both of these figures.

The detail on Freeze is just phenomenal. So much intricate detailing and completely game-accurate. Definitely my favourite figure from the entire AA/AC line so far.
Croc just looks totally impressive, especially stood next to the other figures. Really love the hinged jaw on him too.

Definitely worth the wait for these two!! :D

but lcs only got 1 of each into the store so I didn't have much too choose from. but I saw these pics in the morning and my freeze also looks like he's got sun screen on hi nose and chin.

my lcs has about 4 of each for the low price of $59.99
i hate this place

bedrock city on FM1960 is supposed to get their figures in 2 weeks and they're going to ship them to me. thank god for awesome places like that.

bad news for me. my LCS didn't get any in today even though it says in their computer that they were. :monkey2

all I got was an "idk what to tell you man we just didn't get them"

sucks! :(

Few more pics - love these figures so much!

2-23.jpg

1-26.jpg

3-19.jpg

4-20.jpg

5-18.jpg

and one more for fun! :D
4883ce13.jpg

Back