DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

got mine for 39.99 each plus taxes.

I never get tired of that Arkahm display :drool

Mine shipped from CSC today so I'll have them Friday. Saw Croc at my LCS today but they wanted full MSRP as usual. But it looks sweet. Didn't see Freeze though. I'm surprised if he sold at $50 first and Croc didn't. WTF? :lol

Got both today. Both are very impressive figures. Croc is huge, heavy, and looks great -- good sculpt, good paintjob. Great all around.

Freeze is much smaller than Croc ... but larger than most if the figures in the line. It is impressively intricate -- lots of paint detail, separately sculpted armor parts, etc.. I'd agree that the Freeze isn't quite worth what they're charging. But, it is worth more than the regular figures in the line -- maybe $30/$35 instead of $40/$50.

All-in-all, two of the best figures in the line. Given how much Bane is going for, I wouldn't be surprised if they're both fetching 4x retail within just a few of months.

SnakeDoc

They should have given us Freeze at regular price after what they pulled with the Mad Hatter :tap

I'm almost tempted to get Titan Joker, despite the price, just because Croc is so impressive.

So, what figures are people wanting now, outside of those announced? A deluxe Bane is probably top of my list, along with Two Face, Strange, Solomon Grundy (though technically we know he's definitely coming) and Nightwing.

I think Clayface and Grundy would be a nice final 'wave' of deluxe figures. Sure I'd take the twins, but unless they just keep these series going on and on, I'd rather have 'real' comic-based bad guys first.

Strange and Two-face are the most glaring holes right now followed by Talia. I couldn't care less about Nightwing since he doesn't appear in the actual game, just challenge modes. So I'd much rather have someone in-game before him if the line is wrapping up. For example, I'd rather have Black Mask or Deadshot over him at this point. I could live with the Mattel one being the only one made.

I'm really not liking the lack of announcements from DCC about a SDCC exclusive. I'd prefer there not to be one, but if there is going to be one, I'd like to know NOW rather than on preview night :lol

Yeah, we definitely need Hugo, Talia, Two-Face, Grundy & Clayface before this line ends. Those 5 are musts.

From what I can gather though, this is DCC's super-best-selling line and I'm sure they mentioned they were going to delve further into the roster of available characters from the game, so hopefully we'll get those characters above and more too. Nightwing, Deadshot & Black Mask would be great and I'm really hoping we get them eventually. Deadshot especially seems like a character they'd make since he has a cool, unique design.

There's also scope for more thugs or a Tyger guard in future waves and also the possibility of updating characters like Poison Ivy & Zsas too since they had slightly different outfits in AC. They could do also do a Freeze without armour, not to mention a new Harley from the DLC plus Harley thugs.

DCC could easily stretch into another 3 waves if they really wanted to.

My LCS has them both. Freeze for $49.99, and Croc for $54.99, respectively. I've not collected any of the DCD figures, but if anything could do it, it'd be these. Seeing them in person, they're so detailed and impressive. Hell, I'd be tempted to get Freeze and the series 3 Batman as one-offs just in case we didn't see an HT Freeze (the odds don't seem to be in my favor on that one). I'm hopeful that Series 3 adopts this new package design. It's not as "pretty" as the other packaging, but Collector Friendliness is a good thing in my opinion.

I went into one comic shop today and they had them both at 49.99 three Crock's and 1 Freeze on the new stuff rack.

Got my two from CSC today. I have to say Freeze is the biggest rip off in the line so far, and that includes the Mad Hatter. He just isn't a $50 figure. I opened him up first and was impressed. But then I opened Croc, and thought, yeah, no. Freeze isn't worth the same as him, not by a long shot. I honestly do think they needed to put Freeze in the same wave as Hatter and have them balance each other out cost wise. Either that or have put Hatter in with Freeze at a deluxe 2 pack. Freeze just doesn't have the same wow factor Croc gives at this price point. He either needed more stuff with him, or an entirely different price (like Titan Joker apparently) adjusted for what you get with him. I mean they could have at least thrown in a foggy helmet shield too or an ice blast or something!

Does seem that a lot of people are unhappy with the price of Freeze (yet they still buy him??? :lol) but speaking personally, the price didn't even come into question.
I've not once thought 'he should have cost the same as a regular figure' or 'no way should he cost the same as Croc', to me it's all about the figure itself - and he is one detailed, awesome looking figure in my eyes!! Definitely my favourite out of the whole line so far. He really stands out on the shelf with the other figures and looks totally badass.

^ I highly doubt it. The label says it's an exclusive for the developers of the game. I can't see any of them wanting to sell theirs.
Looks nice though, but I still prefer the 'over the shoulder' cape look.

Ah I see, didn't know if it was a version Rocksteady would be selling on exclusively on their site. Ah well.

If they delve deeper into the line after the 'must make' character roster is done - Two-Face, Talia, Hugo Strange, Deadshot, Solomon Grundy and Clayface - I'd love to see another Harley variant based on the dlc, and maybe a couple of even-packed Harley thugs as well, done the same way as the Joker thugs coming up.

I actually wouldn't mind a faction thug two-fer added to each wave, so we could get Two Face and Penguin thugs as well. A new Bane would be nice too, after Grundy and Clayface. Maybe Calendar Man and Black Mask too.

Looks like a production error to me -- and a faint one at that. Certainly not a "chase".

SnakeDoc

There was more than one made. Not sure where you heard that. I know of 3 from different collectors.

Oh I was just kidding figured it was the only production error. so are these types of screw up's really worth alot more?

My Freeze and Croc are about to ship from BBTS. Of course now I need to re-arrainge my figs because they wont fit on the shelf I have the others on. :)

Man my LCS just called me letting me know that no orderes will be fulfilled for Freeze and Croc :gah:

This is the second time this happened and the dude has the nerve to ask me if I want to order other AC figures from them... heck no!

looks like I have to go to BBTS or somewhere else to get Freeze :(

these things came out like 2 days ago and they are already going for crazy prices like this croc https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Ark...tion_Figures&hash=item3377baeb46#ht_786wt_931

I think that in the states people are more fanatical for these things and sell out faster. anyway the Silversnial Toronto has a moving sale and everything in the store is 20% off so now might me a good time to pick them up. of course they prolly marked them up aswell.

Back