DCC - Batman: Arkham Figure Series (Origins, Asylum, City, Knight)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman: Arkham City - DC Direct - Series 1 action figures

Getting my Freeze and Croc later today, LCS just rang up. £38 each, which is only £1 more expensive than what they are at forbidden planet, excluding £6 packaging which is what they want, so cant complain.

Well i can, because it works out at $62 per figure, but hey ho.

ARKHAM STATUES
Based on the popular video game series, DC Collectibles is planning a series of statues based on the characters from both games, each in their black & white promo colours.

Sounds pretty cool, but likely not something I'd buy.

^ Bet they'll look really nice, though not my kind of thing.

Im really disappointed at there not being any new DCC Arkham reveals at SDCC. Was hoping for at least Grundy and one or two figures from wave 4. Oh well, hopefully we'll get something later in the year....

I was also hoping to see HT's Arkham City Batman figure but no joy there either :( very disappointing SDCC for me!

Aren't there still a few days left? We might be shown something later on....maybe?

I wanted Grundy. :( I always thought this was one of DCD's biggest lines, it seems strange not to see anything new for it.

Last edited:

crocs arm has fell off!!!!!! Left him on my shelf came back and his arm is on the shelf but hes still stood up in his pose! WTF!

Got Croc and Freeze today... loved them. Yes Freeze seems too overpriced... but ABSOLUTELY LOVE CROC!!

Anyway, heres the pictures of the pose, I made sure I didnt push the joints as im always afraid of breaking them. Pretty cool pose too. heres a pic wit the battle damaged batman holding his cape, and the second one with the standard Arkham batman in his throwing the batarang whilst running pose;

2012-07-10202841.jpg

2012-07-10203042.jpg

Anyway, if you look at these pictures it looks like the glue or something has failed. Below the joint (where the arm pit would be, its quite well not sticky but you can feel a texture difference to the top part, and when your finger touches below the joint it smells strongly of glue all the way down on the inside. Also if you look at the joint on the actual arm, it looks like its been cracked in production and heat or something has shattered it;

2012-07-14165802.jpg

2012-07-14165751.jpg

damn I herd on their facebook that this is a major problem how does dc direct handle these things? does your store take back defective figures?

My Catwoman leg fell off but so far everyone else has been fine.

damn I herd on their facebook that this is a major problem how does dc direct handle these things? does your store take back defective figures?

My LCS would, the store owner and I are mates and we always spend hours talking about random stuff, even without buying anything.

But otherwise, Ive glued the arm back on and right now it seems to be allright. Still moveable and poseable, but I think ill just leave it in a normal arms at the side pose.

Ironically, I had to glue the end of Mr Freezes gun back on. Why? Because the gold bit was bent massively to the left, so I tried to straighten it out and it just snapped off. Dab of glue and its as good as new.

Some awsome detailing on these figures, but its the first time ive had QC issues with them out of all what, 15 I think I have now.

that's cool, 401 games doesn't take stuff back. but they have good prices. now when I buy things from them I just hope I don't have any problems like that. maybe I should buy more from other places and have peace of mind.

I had a QC issue with my Hush, got it off BBTS, his left leg's knee joint peg was half there... as in the peg could be seen from one side... the other side was hollow...

I had a QC issue with my Hush, got it off BBTS, his left leg's knee joint peg was half there... as in the peg could be seen from one side... the other side was hollow...

My hushs legs abit loose on the joint but theres no damage or problems with it.

Disapointed about croc though.

I heard a thump in my room the other day. Looked to see who fell, no one. Upon closer inspection.....my Croc looked off. A littl eless bulky. His arm fell, snapped off on its own right down smack on the shelf and cause my Riddler to fall. But, the rest are safe.

I can't believe they are charging the inflated prices for the "deluxe" and Croc in particular has had non-stop widespread issues. Its infuriating. And not a single response from them about it. No luck returning because I believe my comic shop has none left. I can probably use a screw and have him in even better shape than before, but thats not the point.

So pissed off :horse

That sucks hearing about the bad news about Killer Croc. Does DC Direct put out 2nd waves or just 1? Looks like BBTS has 9 more left.

yeah, im well fooked off.

Im nipping to my LCS today, just to let him know. He would probably let me bring it back, but im happy to glue it and just have the arm at the side.

Its very bad though, if you look at the joint its rather small for the weight of the arm.

I know it's not DCD but since its AC Batman I wanted to share my haul. Finally found these at a collectors show. Never did see these in stores. Scored them both for $70, I love how the white variant set looks
cbcdba4e.jpg

Well Riddler fell down and his foot broke off :gah: I had to pin it with some 2 part epoxy. Not happy but its fixed, he will never be perfect anymore. :censored:censored:censored

Finally found the Batman Legacy Robin/Joker 2 pack :yess:
Was any other AC characters announced from Mattel?

Damn, what's going on with Killer Croc falling apart? Is he the only figure with the problem?

Back