DC Direct Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to change the topic a bit,but ummmmm what is that between Batman's legs in the picture??? W.T.F.????

No longer have these Alex Ross Justice and Kingdom Come figures. I did enjoy the figures when I had them. I hated to see them go.

I used to collect about 90% of what DC Direct put out figure wise for a great many years, but pulled the plug a few years back when I started to grow tired of a general lack of variety as far as characters being released, and found my interest, and money, being mostly pulled towards higher end pursuits anyhow. Of course they actually did have a bit of a return to form, variety wise, not long after, but once the cord was cut, and most of my DCD's packed away, that was pretty much it for me.

Still like seeing what they put out, and still a fan of a lot of work that they do, just don't have much room for it in my personal collecting habits these days.

In fact the only DCD stuff I buy these days are Joker related figures, as I've always had a character obsession with Mr J, and still collect DCD and Mattel figures that I like that fall under that particular collecting umbrella, so I'll be grabbing DCD's Titan Joker, Joker Thugs, and the Justice League Foes Joker when they hit later in the year. Oh, and the B+W Bolland Joker mini statue as well. But outside of that I'll just have to live vicariously through the DCD purchases of my fellow collectors.

Of the endless Batman variants released by DC Direct over the years, I still haven't found one that perfectly represents the character. Thus far, the "Hush" and "Batman and Son" versions are my favorites. I feel that most other versions screw up the cowl. Any other versions out there that are pretty good?

It kind of depends on what your favourite interpretation of Batman from the comics is. Personally I was quite a fan of the Bolland/Killing Joke Batman, though the original release of that (from the Killing Joke 2 pack) was very slightly 'battle damaged' (acid burn on one of his arms).

Anyone is selling their DCD figures? I'm catching up on the older releases. I just picked up Batman and Son series Robin with Damien Wayne and Batman Incorporated set of 4. I'm looking for the Batman Reborn Jason Todd as Batman figure. If anyone has him and willing to sell PM me. Thanks.

Back