DC Direct Figures Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeiss

Super Freak
Reaction score
While there is a specific thread for Mattel's DCU figures, there isn't one for the DC Direct line. So I decided to create one :)

I actually prefer the DC Direct line to the Mattel one because the sculpts tend to be superior (even if the articulation suffers) and they offer figures made in different artist styles.

The only drawbacks to the line are that scale is sometimes inconsistent, paint quality isn't always great (and is sometimes too heavily applied), and figures based on events/storylines oftentimes come out long after the story is done, thereby missing some of the excitement surrounding the event/storyline.

In any case, I am very excited about the upcoming Justice League figures based on the New 52! I have always been a sucker for Jim Lee's art and while the judge is still out on the new costumes, I think they are at least neat enough to have figures of.

Here are some recent Toyfair pics of the New 52 figures:

DSCN8082.JPG

DSCN8073.JPG

DSCN8080.JPG

DSCN8075.JPG

DSCN8070.JPG

DSCN8079.JPG

Any other DC Direct figure fans here?

This is one of the lines that I am looking forward to in 2012. I just wish that the line would come out all it once, but what can you do?
Looking forward to the Arkam City figures as well. Riddler looks amazing!

im a dc direct fan too, and the 2 batman figure im waiting is the one coming up next mth based on the video game and this new 52 figure. cant wait :yess:

i love the dc direct lines. prices are pretty comfortable too. heres my mix of dc direct with mattel. on a sidenote they also made the looney tunes and warcraft figs which are pretty groovy too

DSCI0031.jpg

DSCI0032.jpg

Ah man totally forgot about the Legends figurs you have there! Those where pretty sweet to have back in the day.
I have got to say that I am happy with DCDs showing at Toy Fair. They seem to be reorganizing themselves after Geoff Brewer's leave. Which is a good thing. I hope that this New 52 line will be treated like Alex Ross's Justice line and include villains and heroes throughout the coming months in one cohernent style.
And the Arkham City figures are just breathtaking! Great job DCD!!

I'm liking that New52 Batman figure. Might have to get that if I have any money left after the buttload of Arkham City figures coming out this year :lol

I will probably get the New52 Justice League from DCD, especially since they ship in broken waves but as far as their figures go I'm kind of burned out on them. Their quality is hit and miss even within it's own waves. I followed the Blackest Night waves until the end but some of the last couple were really shotty.

I think it's weird that the New 52 figures are looking different at every show, some more glossy than others. I wonder if these are actual production pieces already.

I've liked DC Direct since they first debuted, and I'll continue to buy their Batman related offerings due to the great paint apps, sculpts, and comic accuracy they're known for. Arkham City is an incredible line, and I hope it continues another wave or two.

I just wish we could get a Batman Inc. Wave 2. Knight needs a Squire, and more than that Damian Robin needs a Grayson Batman.

I thought there was grumblings late last year of a Batman line that would incorporate all major Bat characters including the rogues in one line so people could get them in the same scale? I know read that somewhere...

I thought there was grumblings late last year of a Batman line that would incorporate all major Bat characters including the rogues in one line so people could get them in the same scale? I know read that somewhere...
Not heard of any line like that at all myself, although that's pretty much what we are getting now with the Arkham City line. There aren't a lot of major Batman villains that haven't featured in the games, and if DCD continue cranking out these waves then there's a good chance we could get tham all. That makes a pretty decent line-up of Batman rogues in total.

I thought the recent Batman Incorporated Batman figure with the David Finch costume was very good and had saome nice new articulation.

DCD had stated that Batman Inc. would be like their Blackest Night series, which would go on for multiple waves and feature lots of variety in characters. Looks like that's not happening now, probably mostly due to the reboot.

While Arkham City is great because of all the variety and sheer number of figures involved, it's not a good representation of Batman from the comics since all the costumes are redesigned (in most cases majorly redesigned).

That was it, I researched it and originally the Batman Inc line was supposed to give us all the major Bat characters Heroes and Villains in the same scale. As for the Arkham line while impressive they do nothing for me as a comic fan.

As for the Arkham line while impressive they do nothing for me as a comic fan.

Unfortunately, I feel the same way. It is a shame as the line seems to have a lot of variety.

Of the endless Batman variants released by DC Direct over the years, I still haven't found one that perfectly represents the character. Thus far, the "Hush" and "Batman and Son" versions are my favorites. I feel that most other versions screw up the cowl. Any other versions out there that are pretty good?

Back