dc direct 13 inch question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerath666

Super Freak
Reaction score
those of you that have these. How are the costumes put on them? are they sewn on, like Medi, or do they have velcro/zipper/snaps, or what?

Not only do they have zippers on the back of the suits but also on the boots so they can have a snug fit but still be removable. For as much slack these figures receive for their scale, the face sculpts, outfits and accesories are top notch.

If you are a die hard DC fan who only collects DC figures the DC Direct Deluxe figures are the only way to go.

actualy, i'm considering modding the hell out of them. the heads and hands seem a little small for bthe bodies. and the outfits are removeable spandex.
going to start with either hal or ollie, and swap them to smaller bodies.
looking at useing hot toys truetype bodies.

I'd love to see this. Many have said if the DCDs were in scale then they'd be all over them and it'd be great to get them in scale with the rest of the 1/6 collections. According to Andy its doable the thing is DCDs are already going up in cost adding a secondary body and the time that it'd take to mod the clothing might be too "expensive" for some.

I'm excited to see it too. I wonder what they were thinking when they decided to make them 13".

As far As i understand it, hte idea was to "stand out as heroes" or some other nonsense. If DC Direct had any sense, they'd have made them in scale with other 1/6 figures. I'd have bought them ages ago.

Definitely love to see one modded, I would love to buy into the series... but they really do look odd next to other figures. But having said that I did recently get the 1st GL figure and he is really cool. A lot nicer than I expected, just wish he wasn't so gigantic.

The scale is just a little too big for me. I would like them alot more if they were closer to 12" but maybe a little bit bigger and muscular to reflect their super hero-ness.

I think the modifications will be much tougher than you anticipate. Spandex is an unforgiving material to work with and everything will need to be taken in a LOT. Also the boots will be much too big for regular 1/6th so they'll have to be completely replaced. The glove cuffs will need to be shortened and the belts will be too big as well. The heads and hands on some of them might be more traditional 1/6, but the costumes are going to a trial to convert.

I think the modifications will be much tougher than you anticipate. Spandex is an unforgiving material to work with and everything will need to be taken in a LOT. Also the boots will be much too big for regular 1/6th so they'll have to be completely replaced. The glove cuffs will need to be shortened and the belts will be too big as well. The heads and hands on some of them might be more traditional 1/6, but the costumes are going to a trial to convert.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I really don't understand all the hand-wringing over the scale of the DCD 13"-ers. They look great displayed together; why would I want to display them with my X-files, Lord of the Rings, Planet of the Apes, etc figs? :confused:

For me it's limited display space, I'd really like to be able to put Spider-Man with Batman and Co. Obviously the scale difference doesn't make me dislike them, but if they were 12" they'd be better.

The Medicom Spider-man is probably in scale with the DC Superman if you think of him as the 15-year old Ultimate Spidey.

:lol Now that you mention it, it probably could pass for that. He sure does look little next to Batman though.

One day I'm going to take the time to figure out a way to have Spidey on the wall or something and I think that will help the difference seem smaller.

I really don't understand all the hand-wringing over the scale of the DCD 13"-ers.

most folks in this hobby like to kitbash and customize their figures. if Dc had produced a heavily muscled well articulated 12 inch figure, the 1/6th community would be in heaven.

instead we get vastly overpriced giant bodies with articulation from 1993. :monkey2

I've made my peace with the DCD13 and enjoy the line. At current prices $90, I don't think many people would be bashing with these figures even if they were real 1/6. But I do agree that a true 1/6 superhero body would be great for the hobby.

Dosn't Mean it's impossible, just a slightly more complicated task :) The harder the challenge, the Greater the Gain.
Worst Case scenario, I'll end up needing to mcompletely custom fabricate the outfit. Don't want to do that, but if that's what it comes down do, then I'd only Ever get Hal.

Back