DC Direct 13" Dark Knight Joker and Batman Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Joker looks pretty good, and as of right now I plan on picking one up. But you've gotta believe that someone else is going to produce a more in-scale Joker...right?
Scale doesn't bother me the way it does a lot of collectors, I like diversity on the shelf. But I'm not really interested in the 13" DCD Batman (Dark Knight or Batman Begins) so it would kind of stink to not have a movie Batman in scale with the movie Joker.
While I am a Takara Batman fan, I would love to see a Hot Toys Joker to go along with him. Heck, I'd even go for a masked HT Scarecrow.
I'm sure we'll get some kind of variety...eventually...:D

The 13" Joker is decent. The clothes are the best thing on him, and could be quite useful with only some slight resizing. But nothing on the market will compair to this:

lesjoker4qc3.jpg

:D

The 13" Joker is decent. The clothes are the best thing on him, and could be quite useful with only some slight resizing. But nothing on the market will compair to this:

That's kind of my problem. I'm looking for clothing for exactly that (minus the Les paint job :D )

I'm holding out on ordering the 13" DCD Joker but if HT or even Medicom doesn't offer something soon I'll bite....I'm hoping that Takara or HT really does it but I'll take a Medi over DCD any day...

Release dates moved up on these if anyone cares...

The instore dates for the two DC Direct Deluxe Collector Figures inspired by the upcoming blockbuster movie The Dark Knight have moved up to June 11 from July 9!

These items are now set to arrive in stores on June 11 – with The Dark Knight set to open in theaters everywhere on July 18, now’s the time to check your order!

• THE DARK KNIGHT: BATMAN 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE (APR080296)

• THE DARK KNIGHT: THE JOKER 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE (APR080295)

These DC Direct Dark Knight items are also available for advance reorder:

• THE DARK KNIGHT: THE JOKER STATUE (APR080297), scheduled to arrive in stores on July 2

• THE DARK KNIGHT: BATMAN STATUE (APR080299), scheduled to arrive in stores on July 2

• THE DARK KNIGHT: THE JOKER BUST (APR080300), scheduled to arrive in stores on June 25

• THE DARK KNIGHT: BATMAN BUST (APR080298), scheduled to arrive in stores on June 25

• THE DARK KNIGHT: GRAPPLING LAUNCHER PROP REPLICA (APR080301), scheduled to arrive in stores on July 16

• THE DARK KNIGHT: BATARANGS PROP REPLICA (APR080302), scheduled to arrive in stores on July 23

DCD 1:6 Dark Knight Figures Will Arrive Early

From the latest DC Direct Channel newsletter:

THE DARK KNIGHT 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURES TO ARRIVE IN STORES EARLY

The instore dates for the two DC Direct Deluxe Collector Figures inspired by the upcoming blockbuster movie The Dark Knight have moved up to June 11 from July 9!

These items are now set to arrive in stores on June 11 - with The Dark Knight set to open in theaters everywhere on July 18, now's the time to check your order!

. THE DARK KNIGHT: BATMAN 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE (APR080296)

. THE DARK KNIGHT: THE JOKER 1:6 SCALE DELUXE COLLECTOR FIGURE (APR080295)

I know they aren't Hot Toys, but I thought somebody might find this info useful. Even though I collect the DCD 1:6 line, I skip the movie figures.

Re: DCD 1:6 Dark Knight Figures Will Arrive Early

I see that Natrix beat me to the announcement.

Re: DCD 1:6 Dark Knight Figures Will Arrive Early

I think it's obvious that they're moving these up because they know that everyone's going after the Hot Toys figures.

I'll be getting both of them, even though the better HT will be coming later. Early by an entire month! That's unprecedented I think. Perhaps they are wary of the HT releases.

I'm looking forward to them. Joker looks nice and perhaps with a little work Batman will too. But man - an entire month early, that is pretty cool by DCD standards.

My problem with the DCD 13" is the less than sturdy body construction and loose wrist pegs. They just are not as sturdy as your basic Sideshow figure. The shots I've seen of DCD Joker make him look stiff and toy-ish.

i need to see these in person to believe that they will look like that. i have a very hard time believing that Joker will come out like in that final production.

I forget where I saw them but there are pics of the actual piece behind glass somewhere online. It made me not want this figure anymore, will go with Hot Toys instead.

Last edited:
I'm getting it. I've already pre-ordered it over on AlterEgo for $77. Only the Joker though. I can pass on the fugly DCD Batman.

Back