DC Direct 13" Dark Knight Joker and Batman Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are 13" but the proportions are justified as well. The Bats looks about as crappy as the one before, the Joker looks surprisingly well done. I passed on the Comic version easily but this one I might have to pick up.

So they would miss out on sales. I would have bought all their figures if they were 1/6th scale.

Same here, the 13" size coupled with crummy base body has always kept me and my $$$ away. Bummer too as I'd love to have the DC characters in 1/6 :monkey2

You guys don't think that since the DC characters are Superheroes with super human strength and abilities the height is justified? I don't know but I think the height is symbolic of these characters. I think in a way Superman should be taller than my Obi-Wan or any of the other 1/6 figures I have.

You guys don't think that since the DC characters are Superheroes with super human strength and abilities the height is justified? I don't know but I think the height is symbolic of these characters. I think in a way Superman should be taller than my Obi-Wan or any of the other 1/6 figures I have.

But Batman is just some guy in a suit. Why should he be nearly 7 feet tall? Non-true 1:6 scale is really killing this line.

Well, the figures continually sell out despite the high prices and they have plans through the next 3 years for characters, so I don't think the scale thing is "killing the line."

The body isn't as articulated as other 1/6 bodies, but displayed with each other they are very impressive. And the majority of the sculpts and the engineering of the costumes has been excellent (for the most part).

Did they jack the price of their 13" line up or have they always been so pricey? If you're going to spend that kind of money, put it toward the HT version.

bigger pics:

not digging the batman so much

page-8616.jpg

but the joker looks pretty nice:

page-8617.jpg

Thanks for the bigger pics 8S, Joker does look pretty nice, but Bats looks a little weak, and has some serious pin-head issues going on.

The clothes look great on that Joker figure. Hopefully it holds up in the production process.
Batman looks awful and it's not just the craftsmansip of the figure. I really hate that batsuit.:monkey4

As much as I hate the new design for the Batsuit but the figure actually looks pretty cool. It is light years better than the Begins version they put out. I think the design lends itself to having a better figure with more articulation due to the fabric undersuit with the armor pieces over the top of it. I am sure the head size will be more accurate on the final version.

Joker looks pretty damn awesome though.

Thanks for the larger pics! I'll definitely buy the Joker and most likely the Batman as well. What can I say? I'm a figure whore and I like DCD 13"! :monkey3

Last edited:
Well, the figures continually sell out despite the high prices and they have plans through the next 3 years for characters, so I don't think the scale thing is "killing the line."

I agree, the line does seem to be doing well, but I think if they went with a correct scale they could sell even better.

Although I'm sure at this point it would be worse for them to change since they'd upset their core group of collectors.

Hmm...judging by the legs on the Joker piece, are those statues DC Direct stautes, or the Koto pieces that they said they were making? Since DCD has been working with Koto lately, I wonder if they maybe are just going to release their pieces instead of making their own statues like they did with the last movie.

i need to see these in person to believe that they will look like that. i have a very hard time believing that Joker will come out like in that final production.

Back