DC Direct 13" Dark Knight Joker and Batman Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm relatively new to the concept of scanning for figures and such. Could someone explain to me how the process works? Is it self explanatory?

Why can't they scan the actor in a more interesting facial expression? Wouldn't that allow for more personality in the sculpt? Or is it something they took from the movie resources?

Yeah, it's pretty self expalantory. The actor's face is scanned into a computer as a 3D model.

I think the reason they tend to scan them with a deadpan expression is because it would be difficult for the actor to hold an expression without moving their face during the scanning process. I'm no expert though so I could just be talking out of my ass.

this is a pretty good looking figure but i my opinion the hot toys one blows it away.
For the price , I would personally stick with hot toys.

I thought I remember reading that you sculpted the hair, did they chose to use this over your version?

No, they used my hair sculpt... I just did a BAD job of it, lol. Granted, this was sculpted way back when there was very little reference on Joker... But still, that's pretty darn flat.

I choose to think of it as a version of the Joker from his start, before his hair got longer and scragglier. It helps me sleep at night!:lol

I picked him up looks good for the price. And I wasn't going to spend a lot for the HT version. I may try to put him on a hot toys body, think it would work? I would just have to shorten the pants and sleves.

Anyone got pix of the Joker figure? Any side by side pix of (DK) Batman and (Begins) Batman comparison shots? Got Both Batman and Joker on order in my pile-o-loot from BBTS but waiting for Hot Toys to release their versions so I can get it shipped all together. Wasn't plan on getting the DCD version but so far it looks good enough to buy.

Anyone got pix of the Joker figure? Any side by side pix of (DK) Batman and (Begins) Batman comparison shots? Got Both Batman and Joker on order in my pile-o-loot from BBTS but waiting for Hot Toys to release their versions so I can get it shipped all together. Wasn't plan on getting the DCD version but so far it looks good enough to buy.

There are some pics of Joker a couple pages back. I got him yesterday. Pretty cool figure. Love the little joker cards.

Thanks! Saw those pix and the Jokers a must have. Wanted to see DCD Batman side by side with another 1:6 Batman. Looks way better than DCD Batman Begins tho.

I just saw these at Suncoast today while shopping for my Dad. They were priced at $109 each......The Joker looks pretty good but overly large but Bats looks waaaaay too thick and bulky. They aren't bad but they definitely aren't worth what the retailers and DCD are asking for it.

I picked him up looks good for the price. And I wasn't going to spend a lot for the HT version. I may try to put him on a hot toys body, think it would work? I would just have to shorten the pants and sleves.

For the cost of an extra HT body in addition to the DC figure price you could have bought the HT joker and save yourself the trouble of switching everything out and refitting the clothes. :lol

For the cost of an extra HT body in addition to the DC figure price you could have bought the HT joker and save yourself the trouble of switching everything out and refitting the clothes. :lol

Not really I paid $76 for him and could get a body on ebay for $15 HT Joker is like $175 way to much for me. Just to much stuff coming out I have to buy.

I had the same thought Cowboy. I like the Joker but not for $175. The conversion I think will work and look good in the end (at least I hope).

Not really I paid $76 for him and could get a body on ebay for $15 HT Joker is like $175 way to much for me. Just to much stuff coming out I have to buy.

You could get the body but most of those auctions for the HT bodies don't include the neck post and the wrist/feet pegs so you would have to get those separately as well.

Back