DC Direct 13" Dark Knight Joker and Batman Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm...judging by the legs on the Joker piece, are those statues DC Direct stautes, or the Koto pieces that they said they were making? Since DCD has been working with Koto lately, I wonder if they maybe are just going to release their pieces instead of making their own statues like they did with the last movie.

Um, these are the DCD 13" action figures. Not statues.

And they went with the bulky body for Bats again, which is probably a mistake since the suit has so much bulk to it already. Joker on the skinny body looks great though. I'd like to see the sculpt a little closer though.

Lol, sorry man, I didn't specify. I followed the addy on the image...they have big pics of the rest of the stuff. Here's what I was referring to

page-8621.jpg

page-8620.jpg

I don't think Batman looks terrible. But not great either. Joker on the other hand looks very well designed.
I wonder if HT and Takara will actually have a figure license this time. DCD is getting the prices up a whole lot closer to the imports now and the boys at DC Direct don't like toy and collectible competition.

Thanks! So 89 GBP = about $179 US if I did that right.
Is it 1:1 or scaled down I wonder?

Edit: I found the specs and prices at DC Direct.com finally.

ill be ordering both of these if i have the money.. which i probably will. have a massive real estate deal that might work this month.:D.

what i really want is a 1:1 cabinet from bat man begins.. with a replica costume and all:rock.

PS. i have just purchased my own apartment!@!@:D and a good one at that. a 2 bedroom. with a massive living room. 46th floor overlooking the city. its a pre booking and the buildings half way completed.. so i should be movng in feb 2009. ++++ing 2765 square feet!! now thats a good apartment:D:D:chew:chew

I will almost definately be getting the 1/6 joker, but the batman looks just terrible. The head and hands look like the same crappy previous movie release.

Looks like there is articulation in those arms, too. Bless their little hearts for trying, but the nasty joints got to go.

Wow, those seams are ridiculous looking... like being able to twist the legs adds enough to compensate for how bad it looks :rolleyes:

Those seams are very odd, Im hoping they were just there for the proto shot. Please let them be gone in the final product.

How well do the DCD clothes fit to regular 12" bodies? Can they be futzed with to make work with a standard body?

The DCD 1/6 scale (sort of) figures are 13 inches. And they are a hefty 13" at that, thier male body is built like a tank. I don't think they'd fit a standard 12 inch fig without at least some moderate tailoring skills. Or skillz, if you're cool.

I agree and with the thinness of the material... I think it would something only someone with a lot of skillz could pull off. But on the plus side, the outfits do seem to be pretty well tailored.

Back