DC Direct 1/6 Supergirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterCoyote

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I just got the DC Direct 1/6 Supergirl and I'm so excited. I haven't taken her out of the box yet but I'm so happy with her. She's so pretty and I'm glad to have an official 1/6 Supergirl to go with my unofficial Supergirl!

dc direct supergirl resize.JPG

Congrats! I don't want to burst your bubble to much but I would be VERY careful taking her out of the box b/c those pleather boots might not stay together. I had a Fresh never opened DC Direct Superman and finally decided to take him out when quarantine started and the boots pretty much disintegrated while taking him out. Some of the red pleather even stayed stuck to the plastic tray and twist ties. So just be careful and forewarned that this *COULD* happen when you take her out.

Thank you so much for the heads up. Any warnings you could give me on how to have the best chance possible? This is new territory for me.

Thank you so much for the heads up. Any warnings you could give me on how to have the best chance possible? This is new territory for me.

To be honest, the info I gave above is the best warning I can give. I open my figures very carefully, even all the taped areas, I use an xacto knife to get a nice clean cut and I couldn't even get the figure out without the boots being destroyed in the process. However, I will say based on the pic you've provided, the figure's legs aren't each sandwiched between plastic like the superman figure is which hugged the boot area pretty tightly, so I think you have a much better chance than I did. Judging by your pic, I would say just be careful with the twist ties. Take them out slowly and carefully to hopefully not rub the boots when you're removing the ties. That's about all I can say.

Honestly, WinterCoyote, I don?t think you have anything to worry about. I own over a hundred of these DC Direct 13? figures (I?ve done over 50 customs using them), and I?ve never had any issues with the boots or any other accessories crumbling or falling apart. If I had to guess, I?d say it?s likely the figure Gipetto0812 opened had been stored in less than ideal conditions (prolonged high temperature, high humidity maybe?). I still think these figures, while they have their flaws, are much better comic character representations than anything Sideshow has produced, and at 25% of the cost. Enjoy it!

I've deboxed her and there was no issue with her boots! The only issue at all was a very small amount of red was transferred from her skirt to her tights, but in a spot that isn't readily visible.

I've deboxed her and there was no issue with her boots! The only issue at all was a very small amount of red was transferred from her skirt to her tights, but in a spot that isn't readily visible.

Congrats! :clap really glaf to hear all is good :clap

Honestly, WinterCoyote, I don?t think you have anything to worry about. I own over a hundred of these DC Direct 13? figures (I?ve done over 50 customs using them), and I?ve never had any issues with the boots or any other accessories crumbling or falling apart. If I had to guess, I'd say it's likely the figure Gipetto0812 opened had been stored in less than ideal conditions (prolonged high temperature, high humidity maybe?). I still think these figures, while they have their flaws, are much better comic character representations than anything Sideshow has produced, and at 25% of the cost. Enjoy it!

Glad to hear you never had an issue, but my collection room is temperature controlled, with only one high window. I've never had any other pleather items crumble the way these boots did and I've had plenty of pleather type clothing. Even my Hot Toys The Crow jacket or Enterbay Elvis Presley didn't crumble like a lot of other collectors. It could've been from the person I purchased it from two years ago, or just bad luck. I've been collecting for over 20 years and this was a first for me.

With that said, they are cool figures especially for customizing. They need good repaints and updated bodies to get them up to today's standards, but they were really cool when they first came out.

Back