DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
portrait.jpg

Check out the custom SWAMP THING made from a DCD Dr. Manhattan 1/6 figure in the DC COMICS CUSTOMS section.

Found some cool custom figures based off of DC Direct 13" figures:

Blue Falcon
BlueFalconbystocos2810.jpg

BlueFalconbystocos283.jpg

Deadpool
DeadPoolv1.jpg

:rock

Tried to turn one of my most shameful figures into something worth looking at. Behold, a reformed (sorta) DC Direct Rorschach:
NokiaPhotos011.jpg

You think the DCD Rorschach is shameful? I rather like it, even though the overcoat is wildly screen inaccurate.

rain.jpg

It dont hate the figure but comparing it to my high end stuff has given me a different opinion of it. Silly comparison I know but I cant help it. However, once you take off that overcoat you open up a whole world of new poses.

I had posted some pics of my recent DCD 13" customs in the DC customs thread, but there seems to be little traffic on that forum, so I'm going to post them here as well. Here are pics of custom 13" JSA figures that I've made in the last 6 months or so:

Version 1 of the Earth-2 Robin in his early, Batman-influenced costume:

DSCF1456.jpg

Later E2 Robin costume, circa ALL-STAR COMICS #58-up:

DSCF1443.jpg

Starman (like several of my JSA customs, I used a DCD Captain Marvel/Shazam as the base, so you'll notice facial similarities):

DSCF1438.jpg

Dr Mid-Nite :

DSCF1450.jpg

E2 Hawkman (cowled version):

DSCF1434.jpg

Hourman :

DSCF1444.jpg

DSCF1459-1.jpg

Golden Age Sandman (Wesley Dodds):

DSCF1447.jpg

DSCF1449.jpg

And here's a group shot of my customized JSA figures completed to date (I need to take a shot with DCD's GA Flash & Green Lantern mixed in):

DSCF1458-1.jpg

Finally, for anyone interested, here's a link to my thread in the DC Customs forum with all my 13" customs to date:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98378

Those JLA look GREAT! Pity DCD never made them and the chances of SSC making them are slim.

How about making a Space Ghost?

From left field...

Never saw the movie but always liked the character. Found this at a local buy/trade shop for $40; traded in some 6" figures I had laying around so I picked him up on an even trade. Not sure I've seen a better DC Direct Deluxe figure (I have the Aquaman and Green Arrow figures also).
7209610298_9e2d71777c_b.jpg

7209610378_d22593bcf3_b.jpg

I'm thinking about getting the DC Direct 1/6 scale Captain Marvel/Shazam figure.

Anyone here have one? Is there a review of the figure around here on the boards? Or maybe a YouTube video review?

I'd like to get some details on it so I'll know if it's worth getting.

Thanks for any help you guys can give. :)

I'm thinking about getting the DC Direct 1/6 scale Captain Marvel/Shazam figure.

Anyone here have one? Is there a review of the figure around here on the boards? Or maybe a YouTube video review?

I'd like to get some details on it so I'll know if it's worth getting.

Thanks for any help you guys can give. :)

Don't bother, that figure sucks.

Don't bother, that figure sucks.
I thought it might but it's the only 1/6 figure of him out that I know of and I've always wanted a 12" Shazam. :(

I know the head sculpt isn't that great but what about the costume? Is it well made? And the boots, Are they all cloth or does it have a rubber sole?

I'm not expecting Hot Toys quality but would you say it's at least as good as the Mego 12" figures?

LOL I think that one of the worst.
The cape is prolly the worst.

The best to me is green arrow.

I love the Green Arrow too but the bicep cut joint ruin that one even more unless you leave the arms straight since the arms are bare.

Back