DC Could Learn Lessons From Marvel's Movie Strategy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC had a huge advantage over Marvel in the movie department for a long time in that most of their characters are controlled by WB and thus crossover movies could be made yet they have only made movies about Batman and Superman.

Let me tell you...DC NEVER had a huge advantage. DC is at the biggest DISADVANTAGE and will always be...and you know why?

Management and Studio Executives...

There are SO many levels of management from within DC up to Warner Bros. and Time-Warner or Whateverthehellitiscallednow. And I 100% assure you that this is what has screwed up movies like Superman from coming back earlier and potential future movies from coming out.

Often you have people making decision who know NOTHING about the actual characters/story,etc. This is probably why you heard strong rumors about the Jack Black/Green Lantern comedy...because upper management didn't know what the hell Green Lantern really was.

Marvel owns itself and whatever board of directors/president they have right there is ALL Marvel Enterprises. They do not have a HUGE MULTI-MEDIA COMPANY sitting on top of them...and they don't have to deal with all the stupid red tape and management that they have to clear to get ANYTHING done.

DC has its head up Time-Warner's @$$ and is screaming inside there with ideas but Time Warner is in charge no matter what so those decisions just sit there and stir with all the bull****.

The Nolan Batman series is VERY lucky to have gotten through. If it just bombed out like Superman Returns...we wouldn't be seeing Batman again for a while...much like Superman is back in limbo.

Oh I agree. What i am saying is that for a long time Marvel couldn't even consider an Avengers movie as each character is licensed to a different studio and thus made crossovers very difficult. DC don't have that problem. Their problem and it runs through their entire organisation is that they don't listen to the fans.

Hence:
Scale of their collectables too small.
Same character time after time (Batman, Superman, Batman, Superman....)
Hire some of the best sculptors in the business and waste their talents on action figures.
Take five films before eventually getting it right on Batman

The list goes on and on.

Back