Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never buy anything from SSC for investment. But in the old days when they had the Universal Monsters license, people "flipped" these things all the time and made profit. Especially the "exclusives". I see exclusives of all of the 3 big DCs on ebay all the time. The ex of Wonder Woman can actually be had cheaper on ebay than the regular for 449.00 plus shipping expected directly from SSC in July if one looks around enough. Example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wonder-Wom...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I don't know, I looked around on eBay for the EX for months before my Reg WL converted and the EX is going for $700-$800+.

I included a link to an EX that just sold three days ago for 350.00. Fluke or not...it happened. It had a BIN of 350.00 and yet people were still putting in bids for it and it was up to a whopping 102.00. Deals can still be had.

I included a link to an EX that just sold three days ago for 350.00. Fluke or not...it happened. It had a BIN of 350.00 and yet people were still putting in bids for it and it was up to a whopping 102.00. Deals can still be had.

the link doesn't work... to be honest I've seen many listed as the "Exclusive" version, only to find that they are incorrectly listing the regular. just my observations

I received my Superman statue yesterday from Sideshow. Will post pictures tonight. Can't wait to bust him open after the long delay :yess:

@ aa909....It's the exclusive. It has the axe. The link works for me,lol. I'm not trying to trick you. Just check the finished auctions. Unless you want the security of getting one directly from SSC in case of breakage...deals...legitimate deals..... can be found online. Just gotta look.

I am curious to see the color differentiation and the tweaks they supposedly added to his placement on the base. I also agree with King B that this is Superman's finest hour.

I think I read that here actually. Someone called and asked why the price was increased and they mentioned positioning on the base being tweaked, resin/polystone upgrade and production costs were the reasons for the increase on the newest batches. Unless I dreamed the whole thing,lol. Maybe they are adressing the issue that a few folks had with regards to Superman doing the limbo? (IE leaning). Still not sure why they went with an apple red on cape and boots...but I must confess...I kind of like it. I am curious to see what it looks like from folks in hand pics and not photo shopped Ad Slicks.

EDIT: STATUE YOU mentioned this one page back as a reply on Sideshow's FB page. Glad I ain't losing it yet,lol.

I doubt that DC dictates the Edition Size... Otherwise XM would of had to make 10k of it's Batman statue... I get why SS did it, who wants to buy a Lex Luthor statue if you can't get the Superman statue or a Killer Croc statue if you can't buy the Batman statue... it makes sense to take the 3 biggest DC characters and make lots of them to help the sales of other newer characters.

The side effect of that choice to make 10k statues of one character is the market becomes saturated thus the value of the statue goes down. Anyone who buys Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman for $450 will find if they decide to sell it a month later it will probably only go for around $300 or less.. If your a collector who never gets rid of his statues then no biggy... but those who like to change their collection every now and then it kind of stings....

Uh...yeah they do

Seems like SSC's subtly acknowledged that the leaning is an issue. The polystoNe improvement they're claiming the new batch would have is worth the extra $50 IMO, and I kinda like the new paint apps more too. I still feel bad for those who got one from the lean-prone batch though.

I know it paid to wait on Batman. I would rather have the regular version I got from them last month. It is without saggy armpits and with a leveled out base that isn't prone to tipping. The base bottom tabs are flush to the surfaces it sits on. What good is it to have a batarang if the item falls over and breaks,lol? They listen apparently to any customers who have had issues. Only good thing to come from the prolonged spurt runs in production imho.

Still standing tall & true like the first day I got them.

supes.jpg

I know it paid to wait on Batman. I would rather have the regular version I got from them last month. It is without saggy armpits and with a leveled out base that isn't prone to tipping. The base bottom tabs are flush to the surfaces it sits on. What good is it to have a batarang if the item falls over and breaks,lol? They listen apparently to any customers who have had issues. Only good thing to come from the prolonged spurt runs in production imho.

Congrats. Yeah the fit of the suit for the latest batch of the Batman PF looks as good as Modern Age Batman's. I think the paint on the face looks better as well. Best thing about it is that it remained $400 til it reached its waitlist status.

Still standing tall & true like the first day I got them.

View attachment 324212

So are mine

Same here. I've had Supes and Bats ship to me from SSC's 1st batch and have had zero leaning issues. I also like the colors used on the 1st few batches of Supes. The red is too dark for me personally on these new Supes PFs.

Karnis, seriously digging your pic Bro. :hi5:

Back