Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only post I am going to reply to ... BLS I get that you are terribly disappointed, but SSCs response to you about not allowing you to keep the EX items makes total and complete sense. I know it sounds mean, but if they EVER allowed people to keep the EX items and return the statues for a refund, well, that is the ball game. People would order the Ex statues, return everything but the Ex parts, and then order the Regs locally for a handsome savings. It wold negate the entire point of having SSC Exclusives. Again I know it is sounds mean, but it can not happen that way.

it doesnt sound mean at all. i know i was asking for someone to turn their head....but when youre desperate, youll try anything. they have rules. they cant be making exceptions, but you have to pick your battles, and this was a battle worth fighting, win or lose, i wasnt going down without a fight.

Seeing the jim lee custom supes head and batman head displayed together might get me to pull the trigger.

Hahahah Yeah :p I get that sort of reaction all the time, specially when I'm playing online via Xbox Live :p. My names Chris Hunt. I'm also an uncle. People have been calling me Chunt for about 10 years, so I just ran with it. hahah

Yeah I know when it arrives I will be like a giddy school girl. Hope mine doesn't come broken like some of you seem to have had. That really hurts reading about it.
Most have come out great. Hopefully you get a good one
Seeing the jim lee custom supes head and batman head displayed together might get me to pull the trigger.
Where? Pics?
Are there pictures of the Jim Lee Superman?
Thats what I got out of that too lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

OK so its all over....

Spoke to the manager of the manager. his name was william mendoza. couldnt ask for a nicer guy. actually quite amazingly cool and understanding. however, we went in circles for about 35 minutes and kept coming back to the harsh reality. take the $45 or send it back. there are NO BODIES to replace it with.

so my advice, that was confirmed by william. if you order a superman EX or Reg, you better hope and pray the BODY is ok, because there aint no replacements coming. he told me that when they get an item back, they use it as parts or destroy it. so the body they offered me was a return. i found that amusing since it was basically as bad as mine yet they offered it to me. i guess they know some people arent as picky and will accept less than perfect sometimes. if this wasnt superman, i would be fine, but it is, so im not.

i threw every possible scenario at him and it was shot down. everything from waiting to see if a new body becomes available to getting bumped to the head of the EX Waitlist. nada.

im now in line for a Reg. better than nothing.....

Destroy an otherwise perfectly good statue or use it for parts while these are still shipping? Again, I could understand that if it was well after production and they were not geared up to make more or this was a very low ES, but that is not the case. Not good for anyone, they lose a sale of a complete piece and you are an upset customer. They order a few more parts they sell more complete statues, make more money, and customers are happy. I just can't understand the logic behind doing it any other way with this kind of product to say nothing about the lucrative spare parts sales they are losing.

1st, APOLOGIES for the long post...but it is what it is...

What amazes me is the main issue at hand: SIDESHOW CONTINUES TO PUT OBVIOUSLY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT INTO THE BOX AND SHIP IT.

If the QC was so great, and we know it isn't because it's hit or miss, simple things like spots on bodies or in my case a small ding on the base wouldn't be packaged.

I was sent a replacement base which doesn't fit properly. I was then told there's no more replacement bases. I've gone all around with sideshow on this one. It wouldn't be so bad and I'd probably be more accepting of the credit if this didn't turn out so well for all of the early shippers. But I get the short end of the stick on something that turned out so well for most people.

As stated earlier, yes, we get our full money back, but really, that's a standard business practice nowadays. There's of course exceptions, but that's standard. But that's mainly a Buyer's Remorse situation. This is not Buyer's Remorse, it's faulty product. If YOU deliver faulty product, you're not doing any favors providing a 100% refund, you OWE that money back for poor quality if the customer decides they want to return. It's not entitlement, nobody is asking for anything beyond a product with no defects. Getting a full refund back is not a privilege if faulty product was delivered.

In the cases of Sideshow statues it comes down to the fact that one handful gets a great production while the other handful gets problems, which leads to disappointment from that crowd. That's where I'm at. Honestly I'll be the first to admit my issue isn't too bad. What's too bad is judged differently by different people. The frustration for me comes from the fact that many before me had no problems at all so to get any type of problems after waiting through the delay is just a frustration. I don't think it's unreasonable to feel like that. Even with my issue not being too bad, line it up with a problem free piece, nobody would prefer mine. If I tried to sell it (and I have no intentions to, I buy every statue with the intent to keep) best believe I wouldn't get full market going rate because that mark on my base would be scrutinized.

But late batches are a punishment, at least on this one. Pray you get a good one because the bad ones are showing up and there will be no satisfying remedy.

It's great to be on the good side of things... My Batman pits were superior (not perfect) out of the box; my JSC Spider-Man has a better wash application than others I've seen; my Apocalypse, again not perfect with it's 3 missing paint spots, is still leaps and bounds better than others, I prefer looking at that over this Superman, especially since my rusted cables were replaced. But on the flip side it sucks to have problems when you see others having no issues at all. I've been down this road with Psylocke and Spider-Woman, worse situations I'll admit.

In any event, I'm cutting my PO list with Sideshow. I have 6 current POs now, the least I've had in over a year. I'm all in for Fett, Vader and ASM2 when they go up for PO, but gone are the days of 9+ POs at one time. I'm skipping that awful Emma that I wanted to give a chance. I was going to give Daredevil a chance, now I'm not. I still want Dr. Doom but I'm not sure if I'm up for more of sideshow's QC shenanigans. Same with Batgirl, looks like I'm skipping her, too. Point is I'm not going to be extra about it, like "I'm done with SS!", lol. They still pump out some incredible stuff. But the failures are real. It's time to make a real decision so I'm cutting my spending with them. If they can't take the time to make sure defective product doesn't even go in the box in the first place, they no longer deserve as much of my money.

I'm frustrated, but I still hope this long ass post came across with some level of reason and not just mindlessness. Congrats to those with no issues, and for anybody still waiting, I hope this one works out well for you.

Maybe they don't have the resources to meet demand? If so I hope they sort that out soon. After Wonder Woman I have no more preorders ready. So far Green Lantern PF, Batman PF and Supes PF. So only 4 SSC PF's and one Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman. If they release Aquaman PF, Flash PF and Martian Manhunter PF or Cyborg PF I will be very happy and done I think. Like others here the Superman PF will be the holy grail of sorts of my collection.

I think it's more like a handful of people unhappy, and a stadium full of people very happy with how their superman turned out. There are way more people happy than disappointed with this statue, it's just the unhappy people are louder.

There are way more people happy than disappointed with this statue, it's just the unhappy people are louder.

There probably are many more people happy with their Superman statue. The quality control has seemed to be really good for the exclusive so far, but that doesn't explain why they are already out of replacement bodies. BLS was told there are no more available, exclusive or regular, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering they haven't even finished shipping the 2,500 exclusives yet not to mention the 5,000 regular editions that they will probably be batch shipping for the next 2 years. Good quality control and running out of replacements this early doesn't add up. I fault Sideshow for being too cheap and not making enough replacement parts available. That's on them.

So do we really know why they've delayed it so many time just for the regular version?

Because they haven't finished shipping the exclusives yet and may not until September or October. Nobody knows at this point.

There probably are many more people happy with their Superman statue. The quality control has seemed to be really good for the exclusive so far, but that doesn't explain why they are already out of replacement bodies. BLS was told there are no more available, exclusive or regular, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering they haven't even finished shipping the 2,500 exclusives yet not to mention the 5,000 regular editions that they will probably be batch shipping for the next 2 years. Good quality control and running out of replacements this early doesn't add up. I fault Sideshow for being too cheap and not making enough replacement parts available. That's on them.

Because they haven't finished shipping the exclusives yet and may not until September or October. Nobody knows at this point.

I think the point that most people are missing is that they don't have to offer replacement bodies at all. If DC Collectibles sends a retailer a broken statue, they send a new one to replace it if they're available, if they aren't available then guess what? They get their money back, end of story. Koto is the same way, as is Bowen.

What Sideshow and PCS and now XM do above that by providing replacement parts isn't a rule, it's an extra and I think peoiple are forgetting that. It's not required, it's done because they try to make people happy.

I think people have become so used to them doing it that it's now expected, and when they run out or didn't make "enough" according to some then people feel cheated, when in reality, they never had to offer it in the first place.

I'm not going against any here with this little commentary by the way, just trying to remind people that what we get from certain companies isn't carved in stone, it's just another perk of dealing with them. And if you at one point or another don't get that perk it's not because they're trying to cheat you. They'll gladly give you back your money.

Then maybe they shouldn't offer any replacements. How fair is it that someone who received their statue before me (many months before me) has a great chance at a replacement but I have no chance at all because Sideshow has put me at the bottom of the shipping list for some reason? The whole situation is ridiculous that it's been 4 months and I have no idea when my exclusive is going to ship yet Sideshow is beginning to process orders for regular editions.

I get that this is going to be a non-issue for most people that receive a great statue with no major issues, but I'm concerned that this is going to be a problem with anyone needing replacements going forward since they will likely continue to batch ship a lot of these DC pieces with huge edition sizes.

Finally got mine and tissue paper stuck to the cape. Damnit.
atybepyd.jpg
ujy3etav.jpg
hehatadu.jpg

Then maybe they shouldn't offer any replacements. How fair is it that someone who received their statue before me (many months before me) has a great chance at a replacement but I have no chance at all because Sideshow has put me at the bottom of the shipping list for some reason? The whole situation is ridiculous that it's been 4 months and I have no idea when my exclusive is going to ship yet Sideshow is beginning to process orders for regular editions.

I get that this is going to be a non-issue for most people that receive a great statue with no major issues, but I'm concerned that this is going to be a problem with anyone needing replacements going forward since they will likely continue to batch ship a lot of these DC pieces with huge edition sizes.

Come on Zod, really? Are we in grade school? There is no possibly way they can accommodate every replacement request. Maybe in this instance they didnt have enough replacements. I know it sucks but to say they shouldn't have replacements at all is silly. Even if I were in the last batch I would understand that. I'm happy they offer the service in case something does happen. It doesn't always work out like this case but it's still a nice option if it works out. Not trying to stir the pot my friend.

Life isn't fair. Get over it.

Perhaps they have batch replacements for each batch that gets shipped out.

OK so its all over....

Spoke to the manager of the manager. his name was william mendoza. couldnt ask for a nicer guy. actually quite amazingly cool and understanding. however, we went in circles for about 35 minutes and kept coming back to the harsh reality. take the $45 or send it back. there are NO BODIES to replace it with.

so my advice, that was confirmed by william. if you order a superman EX or Reg, you better hope and pray the BODY is ok, because there aint no replacements coming. he told me that when they get an item back, they use it as parts or destroy it. so the body they offered me was a return. i found that amusing since it was basically as bad as mine yet they offered it to me. i guess they know some people arent as picky and will accept less than perfect sometimes. if this wasnt superman, i would be fine, but it is, so im not.

i threw every possible scenario at him and it was shot down. everything from waiting to see if a new body becomes available to getting bumped to the head of the EX Waitlist. nada.

im now in line for a Reg. better than nothing.....

Sorry to hear that.
But -
From what I read in this thread, since it's such a hassle replacing the heads, people usually pick one and display just it.
And it seems most if not all picked the reg head, so maybe you're not missing on much.
And you could get a reg statue for less.
Also, you might find a nice custom head in the future.

Back