Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see your point but any manufacturer that deals in volume is going to have defects in the run, they will probably not be the majority but they will happen. Now I completely agree when it happens to nearly an entire run, that can't keep happening. Doesn't matter what they say, when 90% don't come out correct they need to do what a Large volume manufacturer does, a recall.

:lol Yes the 5k in statues in your sig is certainly deterring them. Sorry, but I had to point that out.

Maybe they DID do a recall. Maybe a lot of the Supes turned out like s%%t upon their inspection and so they are having them re-made to match the quality ones already sent out. Yes, it is very frustrating to have to wait, but to their credit if Sideshow's making sure these are manufactured in small batches and turn out great then I think that is awesome. I hate the wait but I am sure there will be replacements later as the Reg is just starting to trickle out. They probably have not sold through the entire ES and so are only manufacturing statues for confirmed orders as to not have a ton of extra stock in the warehouse. More will be manufactured as the ES sells through. Same as Batman Reg PF since he is on PO right now. Pure speculation on my part of course and yes this could just be a shipping issue but the other scenario seems likely too.

What is the difference between the regular superman and exclusive superman people have been talking about? And is there pics?

Regular
300215-superman-002.jpg

Exclusive

3002151-superman-004.jpg

Maybe they DID do a recall. Maybe a lot of the Supes turned out like s%%t upon their inspection and so they are having them re-made to match the quality ones already sent out. Yes, it is very frustrating to have to wait, but to their credit if Sideshow's making sure these are manufactured in small batches and turn out great then I think that is awesome. I hate the wait but I am sure there will be replacements later as the Reg is just starting to trickle out. They probably have not sold through the entire ES and so are only manufacturing statues for confirmed orders as to not have a ton of extra stock in the warehouse. More will be manufactured as the ES sells through. Same as Batman Reg PF since he is on PO right now. Pure speculation on my part of course and yes this could just be a shipping issue but the other scenario seems likely too.
It's possible but if they were doing massive recalls statues like apocalypse seem to require their attention. I can see where shipping things the size of Batman, Superman and plus dealing with life size items might cause inventory space shortages and shipping delays. Thats why I've been fairly silent while waiting for my Supes EX

Oh, just the eyes? People are saying it like the people who ordered just a regular got a better product...

It's possible but if they were doing massive recalls statues like apocalypse seem to require their attention. I can see where shipping things the size of Batman, Superman and plus dealing with life size items might cause inventory space shortages and shipping delays. Thats why I've been fairly silent while waiting for my Supes EX

Good point Josh. Probably isn't a recall, more the shipping issue or just continuing manufacturing through the ES as more orders are put through. I can remember Supes being a slow burn when he went up for PO. A lot of people were hating but when they saw how great he turned out, a lot more must've pulled the trigger and ordered. Hope he gets here soon. I almost ordered a Reg from my lcs last week but the owner couldn't confirm if I would be waiting for him longer than a month or two so I passed on the Reg option. A reg would save me $150 from import and shipping though.

Good point Josh. Probably isn't a recall, more the shipping issue or just continuing manufacturing through the ES as more orders are put through. I can remember Supes being a slow burn when he went up for PO. A lot of people were hating but when they saw how great he turned out, a lot more must've pulled the trigger and ordered. Hope he gets here soon. I almost ordered a Reg from my lcs last week but the owner couldn't confirm if I would be waiting for him longer than a month or two so I passed on the Reg option. A reg would save me $150 from import and shipping though.
So far he's looking pretty awesome either way. If you can snag an EX awesome if not a reg at $150 savings sounds mighty nice

So far he's looking pretty awesome either way. If you can snag an EX awesome if not a reg at $150 savings sounds mighty nice

Yeah I'll wait another month or so and if not get a reg before he sells through. I can put the $150 savings toward Catwoman at least but still hoping on an Ex.

I want them, but I have this terrible feeling that as soon as I buy them, they'll announce a Jim lee run.

I hear you, but damn I don't think they are trying to kill their license just yet. I'd make a deal, if I don't have one yet, and they do a Jim Lee run, I'll buy yours :lol

Ok. I should save the money for both hulk and thor in the next couple months. After that my priority will be my only two DC pfs... Supes and bats.

I will have my avengers on my desk, and my 2 DC gods in my bookshelf. Or on the top of my entertainment center tower.

I'll take a picture so you can frame my wonder woman with your DC Gods lol.

I waitlisted this back in May, wonder if it does convert. Probably would get a defective. I wouldn't mind, I'd just ask for some credit back :lol

I see your point but any manufacturer that deals in volume is going to have defects in the run, they will probably not be the majority but they will happen. Now I completely agree when it happens to nearly an entire run, that can't keep happening. Doesn't matter what they say, when 90% don't come out correct they need to do what a Large volume manufacturer does, a recall.

We might not agree on every point but you're correct. Any manufacturer will have defects. From the part that doesn't work in a car, to the computer or phone that has a defective part, to full on lemons, it WILL happen. There's always variance that might not be caught, especially on products that need to be used before certain types of problems become obvious.

But the difference with sideshow is it's a visual product. You can very well see that you're about to send someone ****. That's just negligence. Like I said before in my case my Superman issue isn't that bad and if the entire run had the type of issues SS statues tend to have nowadays I wouldn't be as frustrated and more willing to just get a credit. But seeing so many people get greatness with this and I didn't receive the same thing because somebody decided to either a) not give a thorough inspection or b) simply not give a damn doesn't leave me feeling well about sideshow. You don't have to get usage from these like other products to tell there's something not right. Someone either looked at it and decided to send it anyway, or they didn't inspect good enough.

So it all goes back to just stop sending statues with chips, missed paint spots, rust, rips, tears, missing pieces, etc. It's so easy to not do that.

Dude I have the EX and the regular head is way better.

Subjective. I love the regular but prefer the EX. Give me the squiggly eyes all day lol.

Wait till Wonder Woman ships :monkey3

We ain't seen **** yet :lol. It's best to just have the proper expectations for waiting and replacements now.

Back