Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's crazy how I pop in here once every couple weeks and people still haven't gotten their EXs yet. I was 2nd batch EX and now that seems like a godsend. Sorry to hear that some of you are still waiting! It's worth it though so keep the faith!

I think it's more like a handful of people unhappy, and a stadium full of people very happy with how their superman turned out. There are way more people happy than disappointed with this statue, it's just the unhappy people are louder.

That's life. When people are pleased you don't hear much. When something goes wrong, everyone and their mother hears about it.

That being said, if something is wrong with my Superman, I'm going to come here and spam about it till I get banned from the boards. :monkey3 Kidding!

There is no possibly way they can accommodate every replacement request. Maybe in this instance they didnt have enough replacements.

I get that. There's no way for them to know how many replacement parts to order to cover all the damaged and defective pieces there are going to be, but they ran out really quickly on this one. It seems quality control has been good for the most part on this piece, so why is it that they don't have any replacements left when they haven't finished shipping the exclusives yet, let alone all of the regular editions? That is what I'm trying to get at. They haven't even shipped 1/3 of the total edition size yet, so your only option at this point is partial credit or a refund if you have an issue. Again, that to me is concerning especially as they move forward with more batch shipping with the really high edition size pieces.

Life isn't fair. Get over it.

Perhaps they have batch replacements for each batch that gets shipped out.

If that were the case, I would think they would have offered BLS a wait list option for a replacement body. That's what they did for me when my Batman Exclusive had 2 damaged head sculpts.

My LCS has been getting its REGs in. Cant believe all the EXs havnt gotten out to everyone yet?!?!?!?!

I honestly think they over sold the ex. I got on the WL back in January and it converted 4 days later...

Just saying.

I still don't have my EX though but I can imagine it's not new

I'll be okay as long as they don't go, "Opps, we forgot your ex order. Want to take a reg?".

What I don't get is why they don't CLOSE the waitlist for Batman and Superman? Like, do they actually even look at the waitlist or do they just let people pile onto them and forget they exist? Not sure what is going on but I hope he comes out flawless for everyone.

Today I was told that I should receive an update on my order within 30 days. No promises though and nothing I haven't heard before. At least I will have my Gladiator Hulk in the next couple weeks.

I think the point that most people are missing is that they don't have to offer replacement bodies at all. If DC Collectibles sends a retailer a broken statue, they send a new one to replace it if they're available, if they aren't available then guess what? They get their money back, end of story. Koto is the same way, as is Bowen.

What Sideshow and PCS and now XM do above that by providing replacement parts isn't a rule, it's an extra and I think peoiple are forgetting that. It's not required, it's done because they try to make people happy.

I think people have become so used to them doing it that it's now expected, and when they run out or didn't make "enough" according to some then people feel cheated, when in reality, they never had to offer it in the first place.

I'm not going against any here with this little commentary by the way, just trying to remind people that what we get from certain companies isn't carved in stone, it's just another perk of dealing with them. And if you at one point or another don't get that perk it's not because they're trying to cheat you. They'll gladly give you back your money.

The larger point is missed entirely:

Why continue to send out defective pieces?...not damaged in transit... but pieces that are CLEARLY defective and should be caught in inspection.

Solve that, and there'd be nothing else to those situations, because they wouldn't occur nearly as often. And Josh, this isn't all aimed squarely at you, just following your lead as far points people are missing.

On this statue it seems a relative few problems got out compared to the overall population so far, but with the majority of these not out yet or at least not represented by the small population that is this board (don't for a second think we represent the majority) it's hard for anybody to say what's what.

But overall, not including this Superman, QC is hit or miss, we see it across many releases. Despite my issue and unhappiness, Superman as whole seems to been delivered well for most but SS still has line wide problems, they're discussed every day multiple boards. Stop sending out problem pieces by caring more about what's sent out, and there wouldn't be a need for as many replacements because there wouldn't be as many requests.

For me the issue is that some people didn't even get a fair chance at getting a replacement because they were long gone before their piece even shipped.

As opposed to losing the sale completely, it's in SSC best interest to offer replacements when it is clear that a defect occurred on their end.

I don't think they factor in the loss of good will when an entire line of products comes out atrocious

Ie- Ivy Apocalypse

Every time something like that happens I decide to order less

OK so its all over....

Spoke to the manager of the manager. his name was william mendoza. couldnt ask for a nicer guy. actually quite amazingly cool and understanding. however, we went in circles for about 35 minutes and kept coming back to the harsh reality. take the $45 or send it back. there are NO BODIES to replace it with.

so my advice, that was confirmed by william. if you order a superman EX or Reg, you better hope and pray the BODY is ok, because there aint no replacements coming. he told me that when they get an item back, they use it as parts or destroy it. so the body they offered me was a return. i found that amusing since it was basically as bad as mine yet they offered it to me. i guess they know some people arent as picky and will accept less than perfect sometimes. if this wasnt superman, i would be fine, but it is, so im not.

i threw every possible scenario at him and it was shot down. everything from waiting to see if a new body becomes available to getting bumped to the head of the EX Waitlist. nada.

im now in line for a Reg. better than nothing.....

Dude I have the EX and the regular head is way better.

The larger point is missed entirely:

Why continue to send out defective pieces?...not damaged in transit... but pieces that are CLEARLY defective and should be caught in inspection.

Solve that, and there'd be nothing else to those situations, because they wouldn't occur nearly as often. And Josh, this isn't all aimed squarely at you, just following your lead as far points people are missing.

On this statue it seems a relative few problems got out compared to the overall population so far, but with the majority of these not out yet or at least not represented by the small population that is this board (don't for a second think we represent the majority) it's hard for anybody to say what's what.

But overall, not including this Superman, QC is hit or miss, we see it across many releases. Despite my issue and unhappiness, Superman as whole seems to been delivered well for most but SS still has line wide problems, they're discussed every day multiple boards. Stop sending out problem pieces by caring more about what's sent out, and there wouldn't be a need for as many replacements because there wouldn't be as many requests.

I see your point but any manufacturer that deals in volume is going to have defects in the run, they will probably not be the majority but they will happen. Now I completely agree when it happens to nearly an entire run, that can't keep happening. Doesn't matter what they say, when 90% don't come out correct they need to do what a Large volume manufacturer does, a recall.

As opposed to losing the sale completely, it's in SSC best interest to offer replacements when it is clear that a defect occurred on their end.

I don't think they factor in the loss of good will when an entire line of products comes out atrocious

Ie- Ivy Apocalypse

Every time something like that happens I decide to order less

:lol Yes the 5k in statues in your sig is certainly deterring them. Sorry, but I had to point that out.

If that were the case, I would think they would have offered BLS a wait list option for a replacement body. That's what they did for me when my Batman Exclusive had 2 damaged head sculpts.

I asked him for that. he said no. there are none COMING. i asked him why they didnt plan for this and i dont remember what he said....so it was a canned response. the dude was as nice and classy as you could ask. but he was def a company man. nothing wrong with that, but i have learned one universal truth....pray to whatever God you believe in that your Supermans body is ok. they have plenty of other parts, but bodies aint one of them.

i think he was playing it safe. i have a feeling there is some internal company stress over this shipping issue and i think the walking orders are simple for Superman. "dont promise anything to anyone for any reason." they might end up with replacements down the road when the dust settles, but not now.

If they turn out bad I have no problem asking for a refund on any of those with the exception of Jean.

It costs them more when a product turns out bad, you say they offer replacements as a courtesy I call ********.

Im numb to any attachment. The characters I wanted most are almost had.

It's a hobby nothing else

What is the difference between the regular superman and exclusive superman people have been talking about? And is there pics?

Back