Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly don't see how anyone can say this looks like Kingdom Come Supes. Where does anyone see a 50 yr old Supes in the SSC proto pics of the PF? He does look like SuperMAN instead of SuperBOY. However, isn't that what we want? A Superman in his mid 30's is fine with me. IMHO, that's what we got.

This is without question the very best Superman statue I have laid eyes on. It's not even close. As far as I'm concerned, there isn't even a runner up in my book. This piece is on a whole other level of Superman statues.

I don't see how you can't... :dunno

superman.png

Considering the fact that Ross uses the same Superman Model for both Current and Kingdom Superman(and any other variation there of) It would stand to reason that both his Younger and Older Superman Would Look the Same.

superman.png

Alex_Ross.jpg

300215_press07-001.jpg

Found this on SS Facebook, this isn't looking good. :(

Connee Mariya Are the flames on his eyes removable?
Like · Reply · 23 hours ago

Sideshow Collectibles At this time the flames (due to their very small size) would not be removable.

Considering the fact that Ross uses the same Superman Model for both Current and Kingdom Superman(and any other variation there of) It would stand to reason that both his Younger and Older Superman Would Look the Same.

superman.png

Alex_Ross.jpg

300215_press07-001.jpg

:exactly:

Ross' Supes does not have that typical 20-30yr. old chiseled look. The PF does look like it is influenced by Ross' artwork; however, he does not look like the KC Superman either.

1370036-superman_2_zps4676e030.jpg

3404641_1_zps2e8b6451.jpg

alex-ross-mythology_zpsd0d102ae.jpg

superman_zps0afb7a35.jpg

url_zpsf24fbc47.jpg

2253831302_67904ef023_o_zpsebcac9d5.jpg

Last edited:

Sideshow Collectibles At this time the flames (due to their very small size) would not be removable.

What??

This means a very problematic box ,can broke in the shipping!

I honestly don't see how anyone can say this looks like Kingdom Come Supes. Where does anyone see a 50 yr old Supes in the SSC proto pics of the PF? He does look like SuperMAN instead of SuperBOY. However, isn't that what we want? A Superman in his mid 30's is fine with me. IMHO, that's what we got.

This is without question the very best Superman statue I have laid eyes on. It's not even close. As far as I'm concerned, there isn't even a runner up in my book. This piece is on a whole other level of Superman statues.

I don't see how you can't... :dunno

superman.png

The Ross influence is there.... But it isn't the one... My guess is when DC saw the SDCC portrait they asked Andy B to throw in more Alex Ross. While I know some would disagree, many consider Ross's Superman the quintessential Superman. However, this is NOT a straight up rip off of Ross's style, and I personally feel the melding of several different artistic influences has given us the ICON we deserve to have.

Why is his left pupil black and his right pupil white?!?!?!:slap

Cancelling my order.

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!:panic:

Reflection for a camera flash???:dunno

What??

This means a very problematic box ,can broke in the shipping!

So ... The fact that I have been saying that the flames are not removable for like a week never got read eh electro????:rotfl

I'm not saying the piece isn't Ross inspired. I'm saying that he doesn't look like the 50 yr old Kingdom Come Supes.

It does if you look at the pics that are greyed out and shot through smoke or if you don't realize that the white and the grey on the side of his head isn't grey hair, but lighting effects.

This pic is the best look at natural lighting

null_zpsdb726eca.jpg

Sorry about the blurry appearance, best I can do right now...lol

Last edited:

:yess::goodpost::exactly::hi5:

This Superman statue and the non-KC Ross Superman look like SuperMAN. We're so used to seeing people made to look like they're in their 20s on television and in films that we forget what a man in his 30s looks like. The statue and Ross' non-KC Superman looks to be in his 30s.

This statue is several orders of magnitude better than the best Superman statue made prior to this. I'm not even sure which statue that would be (the DCD Jim Lee Superman? the DCD Alex Ross Superman? one of the DCD animated film comiquette versions?) but it doesn't matter, this PF is BETTER!!!!! :horror :blissy:love:fireworks:flag

:yess::goodpost::exactly::hi5:

This Superman statue and the non-KC Ross Superman look like SuperMAN. We're so used to seeing people made to look like they're in their 20s on television and in films that we forget what a man in his 30s looks like. The statue and Ross' non-KC Superman looks to be in his 30s.

This statue is several orders of magnitude better than the best Superman statue made prior to this. I'm not even sure which statue that would be (the DCD Jim Lee Superman? the DCD Alex Ross Superman? one of the DCD animated film comiquette versions?) but it doesn't matter, this PF is BETTER!!!!! :horror :blissy:love:fireworks:flag

Alex Ross owns a life sized statue based on his work, and that is the only one I can think of that even compares to this. There is one great DCD and a few nice customs... But THIS is the BEST I've personally seen.
null_zps7647856b.jpg

It does if you look at the pics that are greyed out and shot through smoke or if you don't realize that the white and the grey on the side of his head isn't grey hair, but lighting effects.

This pic is the best look at natural lighting

null_zpsdb726eca.jpg

Sorry about the blurry appearance, best I can do right now...lol

Which, thanks to Spidey, is why I don't feel he looks like a spot-on version of Kingdom Come anymore. Also, read my full post. My knee jerk reaction was, "It looks like Ross' Superman from Kingdom Come." After I slept on it, I could see other influences in the portrait, but I had to look at the pix with fresh eyes before that clicked. And once Spidey brought up I was probably getting the "aging" from the side and back lighting (which washed the color out of his hair and to me highlighted the lines in his face), that's when I realized how much younger he actually looked.

Like I said, we all have our own favorite versions of Supes. Somebody out there is cursing the lack of mullet. :gah: And, I agree, this is the finest Superman statue I've ever seen. I was just curious if anyone else saw what I did: the age and Ross influence. The age for me is null at this point.

And, I don't think there's any doubt there's a lot of Ross in this, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. I do have to wonder why Sideshow went with the heat vision eyes over a second portrait that was less influenced by Ross and more by other artists (but preferably still mullet lacking).

Again, just a discussion. I'm not so much pointing out flaws, as I am questioning choices and trying to spark a productive discussion about a figure we all seem to want in hand now! Myself included! :panic:

@Spidey

I totally agree on the melding of different iconic styles. Same way Sideshow did with their Joker piece.

Actually I think SS went for the "What if Brian Bolland's Joker came off the Pages and into real life" with thier Joker. I mean they are very close. There are a few artistic touches here and there but really this is the Killing Joke, come to life. The Batman PF sour puss face seems to be based on Bollands art a bit also.

Superman looks like there is mucho Ross influence. But like the Joker and BAtman it is not exact. It is done in such a way to look like a real person and not comic art.

I am shocked to see some of the complaints about this sculpt. It's about perfect.

I don't feel this PF is straight Ross inspired. It has obvious Ross influence but I wouldn't call the Supes PF a Ross Supes PF. To me it looks like a mixture of artists styles to create an iconic looking Superman in his prime. Certainly not a 50 yr old Kingdom Come Supes IMHO.

Actually I think SS went for the "What if Brian Bolland's Joker came off the Pages and into real life" with thier Joker. I mean they are very close. There are a few artistic touches here and there but really this is the Killing Joke, come to life. The Batman PF sour puss face seems to be based on Bollands art a bit also.

Superman looks like there is mucho Ross influence. But like the Joker and BAtman it is not exact. It is done in such a way to look like a real person and not comic art.

I am shocked to see some of the complaints about this sculpt. It's about perfect.

:exactly::goodpost::clap:clap:clap

However, this is NOT a straight up rip off of Ross's style, and I personally feel the melding of several different artistic influences has given us the ICON we deserve to have.

Damn! I just read this after my post. I should have just quoted this for the truth! :lol:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

come on.this pf screams winner !i cant see why some people are complaining.by the way the 6 payments plan rocks!

Well...after a few days to let the appearance of the Ex head sink in...I actually don't mind it all that much. Plain red eyes would be preferable, but I don't think we're going to get that.

Hopefully they do re-work the heat vision trails a bit, though...I'd like to see them sort of emanating from around his eyes rather than appearing to be coming right out of his eye sockets...more similar to this, but less crappy (crappy artwork by me)...

Supreme%20colour%20transparent%20bg.gif

I don't feel this PF is straight Ross inspired. It has obvious Ross influence but I wouldn't call the Supes PF a Ross Supes PF. To me it looks like a mixture of artists styles to create an iconic looking Superman in his prime. Certainly not a 50 yr old Kingdom Come Supes IMHO.

Exactly Flip,

My post was only to illustrate that while definitely inspired by Ross, this is not the same as the Kingdom Come Superman Illustrations Ross did but more in line with his Peace on Earth Superman.

I do agree there is a a few other influences but I think Ross is the major one. Just as as I agree with Jaws that Bolland was the major influence with the Joker.

Back