Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spidey,

I'm slightly kidding, but you have kept the discussion on track which was nice to see. I enjoyed it a great deal and can't wait to see what happens when we have more pix from SDCC.

Well I try to help with discussion... They are the BEST part of a place like this IMHO. I think the pics of Supes and Bats from SDCC are going to be AMAZING!!!! I am HOPING that the Ex head is displayed at SDCC along with the long eared Batman portrait. It is going to be AWESOME!!!

Alex Ross owns a life sized statue based on his work, and that is the only one I can think of that even compares to this. There is one great DCD and a few nice customs... But THIS is the BEST I've personally seen.
null_zps7647856b.jpg

I think the one Ross owns might be a wax figure and I think he might have one of Batman as well. They're both pretty nice, but the Superman one looks a little off in the pictures I've seen, the hips seem a little wide or the legs too close together or the shoulders too narrow:

MikeHillAndAlexRoss.jpg
superman3.jpg

Batman looks better, though I've always thought Ross' gray was too light

MikeHillBatman.jpg
batman1.jpg
batman_upshot_lg.jpg

Spidey,

I apologize for ever mentioning the name Ross or Kingdom Come. I seem to have opened a can of worms which you have deaftly handled. My hat's off to you for staying on topic, and I agree with many of your opinions. :bow

And by the way, fellow collectors, not once do I think anyone said "Ross influenced" in the negative other than when I thought Superman looked roughly 50 (i.e. Kingdom Come) in some of the shots. Spidey set that straight.

Again, Spidey explained that away as lighting in some of the photos, and upon second look, I agree. I also agree SS did a nice compilation of differing influences, but I'd still say Ross is probably the most recognizable in this form (mainly because he drew characters to look real, which would translate to the 3D realm more readily).

However, I have learned my lesson. I will never try to bring up a constuctive discussion again. I will leave my posts to only complaining about movies and TV shows as the internet was intended. So Sayith Steve Jobs. Apple in his name. I'll now silently pray 7 Hail Gates.

:)

Never be afraid to express your opinion as long as it's in a respectful way. You did that so don't worry.

Not like that Spidey guy and his comments about the Batman bust ;)

Never be afraid to express your opinion as long as it's in a respectful way. You did that so don't worry.

Exactly. It fostered a good discussion and no harm was done. We all pretty much agree that this is THE Superman statue to own.

I think a jumbotron may make the EX look good.

I'm not a comic junkie like spidey, or... ahem CBG. I just know: statue looks good - ordered. AH or AR inspired? :dunno :pfft: :nana:

I think a jumbotron may make the EX look good.

I'm not a comic junkie like spidey, or... ahem CBG. I just know: statue looks good - ordered. AH or AR inspired? :dunno :pfft: :nana:

I have been studying comicbook art since I started to draw at age 4, and have read them since I was about 7. These statues are a WHOLE other degree of character art IMHO. Nothing else comes close. It is a melding of comicbook characters and the work of fantastic sculptors. I am so excited about this statue, and this hobby!!!!:hi5:

So JUST so EVERYONE knows in a WEEK + 1 day we have added more then 207 PAGES to THIS THREAD.....:hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5: ALL AROUND!!!!!

That is more then 25 pages a DAY!!! Is that a record!!??...lol

Back