Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if Superman is the King does that make Batman the queen??

yes.gif

Wtf???!!!? ES IS SET at 500 and is now sold out!!!!! That was fast!!!!!!
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Early April fools.........

tumblr_lxuuhbRRrV1qisrclo8_r1_250.gif

I still haven't ordered yet! :D

tumblr_lx8siyZ0tA1qlwyel.gif

I'm going to start by saying I got my Ex PO as soon as it went up(hitting refresh much of the afternoon), and I'm happy I did so. However, I've had time to sleep on it and wanted to ask/share with my peers this question:

Are you, or were you, disappointed with the final reveal? (And please be civil, I'm not trying to start a flame war. I just want an honest, open discussion. There are no wrong opinions.)

I'll be honest, when I first looked at it, all I saw was the Alex Ross' older, Kingdom Come Superman (put some grey in the temples and black on the shield and voila!). Disclaimer: Ross' work is spectacular and this is not a condemnation of any of it.

Sideshow had shown throughout development Ross was going to be a major influence, but I figured other iterations would be taken into account and also influence the final sculpt (considering everyone has a different fav version of Supes, whether that's pre-New 52 Lee, Christopher Reeve, or heck, Mullet Superman). They did something similar with Bats by making his suit grey and a deep blue to hit the middle ground between the Black cowl and the classic blue.

But yesterday, as I hovered over the purchase button (for all of 3 milliseconds, but that seemed like an eternity) I saw nothing but Ross. I've always pictured Supes as 30 to 40 years old, but I thought this guy looked more like 50! (hence, Kingdom Come)

"Where's my Superman?" I thought. "Oh, yes, the Ex with heat vision eyes, that'll make things all better!"

:slap

I don't think I need to comment on the eyes, as everyone has pretty much voiced the same "worm" concerns. But, considering this was my safety net, my "If I'm not in a Ross mood, I'll throw on the heat vision and my eyes will be drawn more to that than the sculpt." Which, I guess still holds true but for VERY different reasons.

Now, ending this long rambling story, I have had a night to sleep on it, and I no longer just see Ross' influence in the regular sculpt. I now see some minor influences from other artists, and he doesn't look as old as I originally thought (though he does look older than I prefer). So, oddly, now I'm favoring the original sculpt while the heat vision Ex is the sculpt I'm questioning. I honestly hope the "smoke" or "heat" is detachable at this point because simple red, metallic eyes would look better than what we're seeing (IMHO).

Anyone else with similar thoughts? Again, no wrong answers, I'm just curious.

Last edited:
I'm going to start by saying I got my Ex PO as soon as it went up(hitting refresh much of the afternoon), and I'm happy I did so. However, I've had time to sleep on it and wanted to ask/share with my peers this question:

Are you, or were you, disappointed with the final reveal? (And please be civil, I'm not trying to start a flame war. I just want an honest, open discussion. There are no wrong opinions.)

I'll be honest, when I first looked at it, all I saw was the Adam Hughes' older, Kingdom Come Superman (put some grey in the temples and black on the shield and voila!). Disclaimer: Hughes' work is spectacular and this is not a condemnation of any of it.

Sideshow had shown throughout development Hughes was going to be a major influence, but I figured other iterations would be taken into account and also influence the final sculpt (considering everyone has a different fav version of Supes, whether that's pre-New 52 Lee, Christopher Reeve, or heck, Mullet Superman). They did something similar with Bats by making his suit grey and a deep blue to hit the middle ground between the Black cowl and the classic blue.

But yesterday, as I hovered over the purchase button (for all of 3 milliseconds, but that seemed like an eternity) I saw nothing but Hughes. I've always pictured Supes as 30 to 40 years old, but I thought this guy looked more like 50! (hence, Kingdom Come)

"Where's my Superman?" I thought. "Oh, yes, the Ex with heat vision eyes, that'll make things all better!"

:slap

I don't think I need to comment on the eyes, as everyone has pretty much voiced the same "worm" concerns. But, considering this was my safety net, my "If I'm not in a Adam Hughes mood, I'll throw on the heat vision and my eyes will be drawn more to that than the sculpt." Which, I guess still holds true but for VERY different reasons.

Now, ending this long rambling story, I have had a night to sleep on it, and I no longer just see Hughes' influence in the regular sculpt. I now see some minor influences from other artists, and he doesn't look as old as I originally thought (though he does look older than I prefer). So, oddly, now I'm favoring the original sculpt while the heat vision Ex is the sculpt I'm questioning. I honestly hope the "smoke" or "heat" is detachable at this point because simple red, metallic eyes would look better than what we're seeing (IMHO).

Anyone else with similar thoughts? Again, no wrong answers, I'm just curious.

I will have longer response for you, but first Adam Hughes DID NOT Paint Kingdom Come... Alex Ross DID!!!!!!!So you are off if you think you see a lot of Hughes influence. I know you just got the artists mixed up though...:rotfl

ORDERED REG!

No angry eyes, red spaghetti Superman for me!

Kinda doesn't make sense lol
I get that you don't like the funky eyes. But when it's the same price, and basically they are throwing that in for FREE. And this combination will be more RARE, why not just get it? You never know.

Someone might want to see with that head displayed. Or someone might want to buy the extra head off you, because their's broke.

Or one day if you do happen to want to sell or need to sell it, you might even make a profit selling the EX version of this statue.

Again, if it's available and no additional cost to you, why wouldn't you just get it? lol

:)

I get that you don't like the funky eyes. But when it's the same price, and basically they are throwing that in for FREE. And this combination will be more RARE, why not just get it? You never know.

Someone might want to see with that head displayed. Or someone might want to buy the extra head off you, because their's broke.

Or one day if you do happen to want to sell or need to sell it, you might even make a profit selling the EX version of this statue.

Again, if it's available and no additional cost to you, why wouldn't you just get it? lol

Elliots logic exceeds that of mortal men. :lol

Usually the Ex ends up to be worth hundreds more in cases like this. But $200 is nothing to some people. :dunno

I will have longer response for you, but first Adam Hughes DID NOT Paint Kingdom Come... Alex Ross DID!!!!!!!So you are off if you think you see a lot of Hughes influence. I know you just got the artists mixed up though...:rotfl

Doh! Corrected, I think... My only excuse is I have been sick all week, so I'm not firing on all geek cylinders right now :sick

Back