DC Comics' Lucifer (Vertigo) TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pilot was ok, but nothing great or original. It's just another procedural crime solving show with two characters that will end up having a relationship but in the meantime there's some sexual tension between them. How original.... seriously, they have the devil as the main character and that's the most interesting thing they could think of? Of all the stories they can tell and types of dramas they can do with one of the most interesting figures ever as well as the greatest fictional/real villain ever, and they make a buddy cop show like the other 50 shows on tv with the same gimmick of an outsider/consultant solving crimes with a cop? Sad...

Maybe if FX made it it wouldn't be so bland and predictable. But oh, well. When you try to get edgy, you get cancelled. That's the lesson networks learn time and again (see Hannibal).

Oh, ok. What was so bad that made you say "no more" then? If it's a spoiler, I don't mind, put it in the brackets.

No, not a spoiler. It's just the show in general...the whole solving crimes thing and his relationship with the female character. I don't know if the comic is about solving crimes, but this show is basically like Castle, except Lucifer is not a writer.

No, not a spoiler. It's just the show in general...the whole solving crimes thing and his relationship with the female character. I don't know if the comic is about solving crimes, but this show is basically like Castle, except Lucifer is not a writer.

The comic is most definitely about not solving crimes. At its core, it's about Lucifer going against his predetermined path and trying to live as a "normal" bloke. I've not read the whole thing, but it's mostly philosophical with supernatural elements thrown in. The show has nothing to do with the source material, but I was hoping it'd get better. Sadly, it seems it hasn't...

The comic is most definitely about not solving crimes. At its core, it's about Lucifer going against his predetermined path and trying to live as a "normal" bloke. I've not read the whole thing, but it's mostly philosophical with supernatural elements thrown in. The show has nothing to do with the source material, but I was hoping it'd get better. Sadly, it seems it hasn't...

This show will go away quickly then

This show will go away quickly then

Well, I'd rather they started adapting the source material, since I don't like people losing their jobs, but if it continues like this, I don't think it'll make it past the first season...

Or it'll do well because a lot of people drink this police procedural crap up like water.

There's always that possibility, but it'd really be a waste to get a cop drama instead of the fantastic comic book. Limitless, which is a procedural show proved to be a success, but that's beacuse it's really fun and Cooper appearing there doesn't hurt (from what I've heard the numbers are great, which is good, since I'm really enjoying it).

So, I decided to give the show another shot and... I don't know. Ellis (Lucifer) is charming and fun as hell, but, besides that, there's really not a lot going on about this show. The little girl and her "omg, I'm, like, 10 or so, but I already have, like, Instagram and this movie ain't even in HD so, like, leave me alone" attitude is annoying as well.

I wasn't expecting the show to follow the comics (as much as I'd love to see them just say "**** it" and do it) so I guess I can't be disappointed that they aren't but the stories are meh so far. If Tom Ellis wasn't so awesome in this I'd probably stop watching it. As much as I like the charming Lucifer, my favorite bits so far are when he slips into punishment mode. The kid, angel, and bartender are annoying.

So, uh, did anyone stick with this? The backdrop is still the same, but they're bringing in more supernatural elements, and Lucifer himself is really developing as a character. Ellis carries the show, but everyone has become enjoyable I'd say. I'd give it another chance, honestly. The cop aspect has take a backseat to the character study of Lucifer I reckon

Back