DC Comics Designer Series: Batman by Andy Kubert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Koto JL Batman...(either the blue & gray or the black & gray) is just under 11" tall without the base, I just measured it. They don't pair well together. My phone is dead or I'd take a pic for you, sorry...it pales in comparison to this one, trust me. :lecture

The Koto JL Batman...(either the blue & gray or the black & gray) is just under 11" tall without the base, I just measured it. They don't pair well together. My phone is dead or I'd take a pic for you, sorry...it pales in comparison to this one, trust me. :lecture

Thanks. I got the koto and building that jim lee JL. But this dk3 bats I'm really considering to put with my high end statues[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a beauty!
Mine arrived yesterday, absolutely brilliant.
GREAT sculpt, great details and great paint.
I'm considering buying a second to put on my desk at work!

Sometimes they get things early other times it's like 3 weeks after. I just messaged them this morning since once it hits my POL I'll ship it.

PO'd this thru BBTS. First statue I've ordered thru them. Anyone know the delay between release, BBTS receiving and then shipping out? I've had this guy on PO so long, I'm anxious to get him now that it's out.

This 1/6 statue is perfect imho in every way...including price

I just got this guy today, can someone tell me if it's normal for the feet off the base to not be touching the ground ??

The foot off the base should be touching the ground.

Leave the statue on the base as is and see if gravity will eventually pull the foot down. Give it an hour or two.

If the foot doesn't go down, then you could use other means. Or you could just return it. Try gravity first tho.

The foot off the base should be touching the ground.

Leave the statue on the base as is and see if gravity will eventually pull the foot down. Give it an hour or two.

If the foot doesn't go down, then you could use other means. Or you could just return it. Try gravity first tho.

I'll try that, thing is i'm afraid it will eventually crack or something, there is a good 2-3mm off the ground...

Nah ...a 2 to 3 mm variance is not bad. It shouldn't cause it to crack. But even if it does, you're still in the timeframe for returns and exchanges. So you're good.

Well there's no way to tell when or if it will crack, and therefore I don't want to wait for it to happen in 4 months when it won't be on the waranty anymore...

The base+peg is a little wonky. If you put the pegs in all the way so the foot sits flush, the base won't sit flat. If you get the base to sit flat, the foot won't be flush.

I set it so the base sits flat...the pegs aren't all the way in & the other foot doesn't sit flat, but it's not noticeable & looks better than the base sitting all crooked. :D

And it puts less pressure on the statue as well.

Both feet are supposed to be flush on both the ground and the base. I have idea what you're talking about...

Well there's no way to tell when or if it will crack, and therefore I don't want to wait for it to happen in 4 months when it won't be on the waranty anymore...

Wait. I didn't say to wait that long.

All I'm saying is ....try to get the foot to go down while you are still in the returns and exchange timeframe. If the foot does not go down, then you can return it for another one. If it goes down, then its a keeper ....no need to return it or exchange it.

Sometimes gravity over time is enough to bring the foot down. If not, then you could try using a blowdryer to heat up the right leg from waist to ankle to make it slightly malleable. That might help the right leg to bend slightly allowing the left foot to go down to the ground.

If none of that works, then return it for another one or for a refund. Just don't exceed the returns and exchange time window.

Well, its been more then 24h I don't see the slightest difference, I think I will try to have another one.

Back